Is there gonna be a Black Panther II?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I wonder if Marvel's gonna release Black Panther II with a different actor playing Black Panther? Because I had heard that Black Panther II's filming was put on hold because of the death of Chadwick Boseman but I also found out that the character of Black Panther was retired and Black Panther II is gonna be about the people of Wakanda instead. Black Panther is my newest favorite Marvel superhero and I can't wait to see the sequel

There's both a Black Panther 2 and a new Disney + series about Wakanda. They've said they wont recast T'Challa.

There is already a Black Panther II and a Disney+ series too? How exciting and I might check it out when I see Disney+ soon. Also what is the actual pronounciation of T'Challa? Because my mom cannot say T'Challa so she simply calls him Panther. Is it pronounced Tuh-shall-uh or you just say shall-uh and the T is silent?

tuh-chall-ah. I'd always had always assumed a silent T when I read the comments. But in the movies it's pronounced.

They have said that they won't be recasting the role of T'Challa.

Correct. They aren't recasting T'Challa, but there could be someone else playing the Black Panther as that is a title that is passed on through the generations (we saw T'Challa's father, T'Chaka, as Black Panther in the flashbacks in the movie, for example). So Shuri or someone else could become the next Black Panther.

Honestly, I think that they could have recast T'challa. I mean, I get why they didn't, but I think it would have been fine. It'll happen eventually anyway, after a reboot or something. I'm up for whatever they throw at us though. I actually think the Wakanda series sounds interesting, as it's an interesting place.

As much as I loved Boseman in the role, I wish that they chose to recast him. I was really looking forward to the rumors that said they would introduce Storm as his wife like she was in the comics.

It was the prefect way to bring the X-Men into the MCU.

So this is going to be a Black Panther movie without the Black Panther. Maybe it needs another title. This didn't work out too well for BBC Robin Hood after they killed off Robin Hood.

I tried looking up the new Wakanda series on Disney+ to see if it had a trailer about it and no luck. I then looked up Black Panther II and no trailer for it was there as well. So I assume it hasn't been made yet but I cannot wait to learn more about it. Thanks for the info
tuh-chall-ah. I'd always had always assumed a silent T when I read the comments. But in the movies it's pronounced.

I tried looking up the new Wakanda series on Disney+ to see if it had a trailer about it and no luck. I then looked up Black Panther II and no trailer for it was there as well. So I assume it hasn't been made yet but I cannot wait to learn more about it. Thanks for the info

I think both are fairly early in development. The script for Black Panther 2, which was not yet complete at the time, had to be completely reworked when Chadwick Boseman died.

I think both are fairly early in development. The script for Black Panther 2, which was not yet complete at the time, had to be completely reworked when Chadwick Boseman died.

Yeah, they just announced that a couple of weeks ago and there is a LOT on the schedule ahead of it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter