• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is There Really Good Pizza in Disney?

I think all the ‘Rays’ pizza joints in NYC are lousy …. Famous maybe good nah …

No, there is not good pizza anywhere in Florida IMO. The pizza quality starts getting bad once you leave Northern New Jersey. (And yes, I'm a pizza snob, I live in CT where we have Pepe's, Sally's, and quite a few other unbelievably good pizza places.)

Your only chance for somewhat acceptable pizza is if you can find a national chain whose pizza isn't bad to begin with.
There's actually a Pepe's in Florida now! It's down in Delray, so it doesn't help if you're visiting Disney World, but it's good to know it's an option (said as another CT resident who thinks anything but New Haven style is inferior).

And it's not anywhere near WDW, but Mister 01 in Miami was the best pizza I've ever had in ANY state
Interesting. There is a Mister 01 in Melbourne FL that I ate at recently. Good pizza but not great, IMHO.

I know I'll get so much push back for this. Maybe it was a one-off, a miracle, magic.

I love pizza. You know that "what you you take to a deserted island" question? For me - Pizza.

My son and I ate pizza at.... All Star Music. And it was delicious. Amazing. Perfection. I'm serious!!!

We still talk about it a year later. I did not book ASMu this time, and that was one thing that we are really going to miss. That food court pizza slice.

But since no one else agrees, it must just be me! :crazy:

I know I'll get so much push back for this. Maybe it was a one-off, a miracle, magic.

I love pizza. You know that "what you you take to a deserted island" question? For me - Pizza.

My son and I ate pizza at.... All Star Music. And it was delicious. Amazing. Perfection. I'm serious!!!

We still talk about it a year later. I did not book ASMu this time, and that was one thing that we are really going to miss. That food court pizza slice.

See, I LOVE when something that shouldn't be so good just HITS like that!

It's like how on our last stay at wdw my favorite meal of the trip was a $6 sundae I had from Beaches and Cream, which upset DH since we'd eaten at Takumi-Tei :laughing:

Never had it but sometimes keeping it simple is the best … start stuffing the crust and messing with exotic sauces or non traditional toppings I’m out …

Interesting. There is a Mister 01 in Melbourne FL that I ate at recently. Good pizza but not great, IMHO.
Heck, I've had that happen at the same location of some pizza joints - great one week, so so the next...

Pizza making is obviously an art not a science. LOL

I've read Cicis pizza (all you can eat cheap buffet) offers great value and almost edible pizza. I've read it's even better then some frozen pies. I don’t have any personal experience.

The best pizza at Disney is maybe average compared to the typical NYC area pizzeria.

Last edited:
Strange, hardly a mention of Pizza Ponte?

We've had pretty much every pizza at WDW and DL, and Pizza Ponte is the best by a huge margin. I'd give a 7.8 to the big NY slice and 8.1 to the grandma slices.

Strange, hardly a mention of Pizza Ponte?

We've had pretty much every pizza at WDW and DL, and Pizza Ponte is the best by a huge margin. I'd give a 7.8 to the big NY slice and 8.1 to the grandma slices.
Forgot about them...only ate their once but really liked their big NY slice, one of the better on property

Last edited:
So what you're saying is you have no idea whether or not there's good pizza in Florida. You just choose to believe there isn't based on a small sample size. Got it! :laughing: :p
Funny how assumptions work and that you think you know so much about the time and the locations I frequent in the state of Florida -sorry that I have a contrary opinion than you do or that I simply just don’t believe what you do - I stand by my original statements.

Tastes are subjective, and heavily nostalgic.

I agree there is no "really good" pizza at WDW, but someone can find something to get their fix. Florida is making strides, and of course you can find some really good pizza within the 65K sq. mi. state, but it's few and far between. For generations most of (non-Miami) Florida was served by Pizza Hut, Dominos, and similar, and that's what they are used to and what they like, so it's big ship turning slowly.

Last edited:
Funny how assumptions work and that you think you know so much about the time and the locations I frequent in the state of Florida -sorry that I have a contrary opinion than you do or that I simply just don’t believe what you do - stand by my original statements.
No matter what is said here or any message board there will be those that want to be argumentative (sometimes I have even fallen to it) but certainly all need to realize that this subject certainly is based on opinion not fact so no right or wrong. Frankly I will go one step further and proclaim there is not much really good FOOD period anywhere in WDW including some of the supposed elite restaurants like CA Grille and Le Cellier … I find most to be meh … Disney blasphemy I know .. exceptions being Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish … point of reference no I have not tried each and every restaurant in the 4 corners of WDW nor have I sampled every dish ever prepared at the ones I have tried …

Last edited:
No matter what is said here or any message board there will be those that want to be argumentative (sometimes I have even fallen to it) but certainly all need to realize that this subject certainly is based on opinion not fact so no right or wrong. Frankly I will go one step further and proclaim there is not much really good FOOD period anywhere in WDW including some of the supposed elite restaurants like CA Grille and Le Cellier … I find most to be meh … Disney blasphemy I know .. exceptions being Narcoossee’s and Flying Fish … point of reference no I have not tried each and every restaurant in the 4 corners of WDW nor have I sampled every dish ever prepared at the ones I have tried …
It wouldn’t be the DIS without DISagreements :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter