Is there still a "best day" for each park?

GatorChris

Not of This World
I know. We're in C19 season. BOOOoooooo. Back when I was a WDW regular, there were certain days parks were better. But as I recall, those were pretty much in line with which park had EMH, correct? Since every park has an extra 30 minutes each morning, I would imagine it doesn't matter where you go.

Trip is in late summer. Hopefully most things will be back to normal. We'll be arriving on a Wednesday and then have 5 park days. I figure Epcot should definitely fill a weekend slot. Maybe Saturday. What would you do on a Sunday? My thoughts lead me to believe that no one local is going to AK on a Sunday, so maybe??? And would you do MK on a Thursday or Friday?

Thanks! And it's good to be back planning WDW trips!

The crowd predicter calendars are a thing of the past; really started becoming obsolete in 2017/2018. Pick what days you want and go. I will say that if you're going toward the middle/end of August then you may be coming up against Halloween parties and F&W Festival, so plan accordingly there.

As of right now I would say no, there is no best day for a park. I do think with all of the past changes (new rides and experiences) and the current changes (park reservation, no FP), there really is no good day for a specific park. Crowd prediction has always been rather hit or miss in my opinion, leaning towards miss more and more. So just decide when and where you want to go, and go.

No best days, but weekends are more crowded across the board because of local AP holders, but really there is no predicting it at this point.

See, now I find EPCOT to be MUCH busier on weekend days, so that would not be a must do weekend slot for me! It'd actually plan it opposite! I live here and really only hit EPCOT during the week because most people do the weekend/Friday nights there!

Agree with others that there is no real prediction as ti which park will be more crowded.
It depends on what attractions are open, how many vehicles are running and staffing levels for each attraction.
A park could be at capacity, but have high staffing levels and not seem crowded, or low capacity, low staffing and long wait times for attractions.
Pick the park you want to go to and hope for the best.
In the past, weekends were more crowded across all parks and I haven't read anything to change that.

I have been trying to research the same thing. I have read MK is busiest on Saturdays and Monday’s. I have seen a chart of crowd levels on a website I found that has MK’s lowest crowds on Sunday. Also Tuesday and Wednesdays were lower crowds for MK. Epcot was good on Mondays. All parks had lower crowds on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. This is what the charts had on that website. I was kind of surprised MK’s lowest crowd day was Sunday.
Anyway I’m not saying this is completely accurate, but it helped me decide what days to pick for each park.

Last edited:
EPCOT during F&W 2020 was better on weekends if you wanted the option for all the food booths; several were closed on weekdays. I think that have changed in mid- to late- November.

The advisement for DHS was go whenever the other parks had high crowd days, as it was routinely crowded everyday.

We’re doing MK on a Saturday. I know that’s not recommended but it fit the best with our trip so we’re just going to make the best of it. I never paid attention to crowd calendars and figure now it’s even more of a guess. I’ll let you know if I regret that decision after our February trip! 🤣🤣🤣

I agree with others that say go when you can and make the best of each day.
Our experience is that as a general rule Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the best days no matter the park or the time of year. Sunday, Monday, and Friday next best. Saturday we always try to avoid. MK we always try to do midweek because of lower crowds.

Agree with others that there is no real prediction as to which park will be more crowded.
It depends on what attractions are open, how many vehicles are running and staffing levels for each attraction.
A park could be at capacity, but have high staffing levels and not seem crowded, or low capacity, low staffing and long wait times for attractions.
Pick the park you want to go to and hope for the best.
In the past, weekends were more crowded across all parks and I haven't read anything to change that.

I agree, none of those 3rd parties have any special insight into future crowd levels. Anyone can develop some 'formula' to predict something, but it is just as likely to be wrong as accurate. I would guess that weekends tend to be busier due to locals with AP's who decide it is nice weather and show up. With the need to make park reservations, clearly Disney has some idea of how to staff, but that still doesn't tell them when the people will arrive on any given day or what rides they will like to do.

When we were last at Disney pre-covid, some parks were wall-to-wall people while others were less crowded. Just go to where you want and have a good time.

I agree with others that say go when you can and make the best of each day.
Our experience is that as a general rule Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are the best days no matter the park or the time of year. Sunday, Monday, and Friday next best. Saturday we always try to avoid. MK we always try to do midweek because of lower crowds.
I agree. Saturday is going to be our day off from the parks.

WOW! I'm really surprised at the "No Epcot on the Weekend". I'm guessing that's because it's the drinking hangout of Orlando. Would that mean it wouldn't be so bad on Sunday since no one wants a hangover on Monday??? I'm guessing. I don't drink.

WOW! I'm really surprised at the "No Epcot on the Weekend". I'm guessing that's because it's the drinking hangout of Orlando. Would that mean it wouldn't be so bad on Sunday since no one wants a hangover on Monday??? I'm guessing. I don't drink.
I would say it is less crowded than Saturdays. If there are no festivals going on it will be even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter