• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is this a deal or not??

janejakelibbyemma

Mouseketeer
we have been offered by our travel agent a meal deal, bascially its £14.00 per adult per day for evening meal, i can't remember if lunch is inculded but i don't think it would be, is this a good deal and will we be restricted as to where to eat at, or could we do better by going to the eating places you have suggested. many thanks janexxx

Hopefully someone who has done this will come in and say what their experience of this was.

We prefer the flexibility and have therefore not bothered, but I can see why knowing that your meals are effectively pre-paid could help budgeting for some.

Hi - Am I right in assuming this is the "half board option" offered for the first time this season at the SF and Cheyenne ?

Although we didn't eat there I have read some very good reports on the meals at the Cheyenne but would your meal choice be limited and do you really want to be tied to eating at the hotel when there are so many fabulous restaurants to choose from in the parks ?

An alternative might be to purchase "Meal Vouchers" most tour operators offer them, you can choose the type of voucher you would like i.e. lunch or dinner and you have a choice of restaurants to use them in. I've just checked on a lunch one we had left over from our last visit and the eligible restaurants were:
Park Side Diner HNY
Cape Cod NPB
Beaver Creek Tavern SL
Annette's Diner
Silver Spur Steakhouse
Rendez-Vous des Stars.

I have to say that even given the choice of restaurants above I found these Meal Vouchers quite restrictive, but they helped us budget although I wouldn't use them again.

Hope this helps.

PS Have you had a look at the DLP food site, it has menus and prices for all of the resort restaurants. :)

i have looked at the dlp food guide and i am hooked, i wish we were staying longer, what concerns me is are the prices up to date, as they seem reasonable to me, friends tell me it cost them nearly £70 a night for a family of four, and are the reviews updated, the restuarants we will try are annettes dinner, the pirates of the carribean restuarant, we are booked in at the cowboy show and diiner is included so only 1 more night to look for, now i suppose there is lunch to fit in as well, but that will be the takeaway option. thanks,

Jane

I would go for one of the buffets for your other meal as your kids will probably be allowed to eat free (due to their ages)

janejakelibbyemma said:
, friends tell me it cost them nearly £70 a night for a family of four,

That definitely could be right for a family of four. When we went (2 adults & 2 children) a couple of our meals were over 100 Euros (Blue Lagoon and Auberge de Cendrillon), but I should point out that we did have a couple of drinks each ;) Alcoholic variety :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter