Is this a good deal? what should I do?

andychris14

DIS Veteran
My friend and I received a phone call from starwood(sheraton)offering us a package. It sounds great. I was told that I would receive something in the mail, that needs to be signed and returned. I waited over 3 weeks and nothing. When I called, I was told that it was too far in advance to send any confirmation. They did not tell me any of this when it was book. I asked for something in writting before I pay my amex bill. I was told I would receive a letter, still nothing and its over a week. Has anyone else had this trouble.
We are going august 2002, I know its a ways off but I want some type of confirmation. They were glad to sell me this time but I have nothing in writting.
Here is the package:
4nights/5days at the sheraton safari,2 passes to disney for $199. Its this great I do not want to loose this. I checked other timeshare packages and this is the best one. Since the price is lower and they throw in disney passes.
What should I do? I have 30 days to cancell from the time I booked, which was August 15.
Thanks!!

andychris, it is definitely a very good deal at this price. I can't help re any confirmation, though. I would have thought it is unusual not to have ANYTHING in writing, but a verbal contract is still binding in law and you should have the backing of your credit card company if anything goes wrong. The Starwood group are a pretty reputable hotel firm, if that's any help.

I echo Simon in noting that this is a mighty good offer...But, I would be cautious from this point on...

I'm not certain from your post whether you have actually charged this or not...Before you do put this on your credit card, you need to make sure that you are actually receiving the offer from Starwood.

I'd also be interested in how this call came to you...Did you intitially inquire as to availability at one of their hotels, and receive this in response? I would proceed with caution until you can be certain that you are, in fact, dealing with the actual hotel chain, and not some scam artist.

My friends cousin owns a timeshare at the vistana and put her name on the mailing list for special offers. When she received the call she told them that she is traveling with another family(MINE), they said they can give us the same rate. I did call them back a few times just to make sure that this was legite. I did put it on my amex card but the statement hasn't come yet . I called a couple of times yesturday and their computers are down. I am still hoping for the best.

OK...Just wanted to make sure you weren't dealing with some sort of scam...

If you're convinced that the offer is legit, and that they will honor it, I'd go for it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter