Is this a good flight price

Bertie9396

Mouseketeer
3 of us. Flying from YYZ to MCO - $1165 return - taxes and fees included. A Wednesday in February. I'm thinking with the way the dollar is now, I can't do much better flying out of Buffalo. Unless I risk waiting to see if the dollar improves - but then I may not be able to find a decent flight. Hmmm...

My dates in February are coming in at $1321 for three round trip tues to the following Wed. YYZ/MCO all in. So I'd say $1165 is good...

(I'm still waiting on a seat sale though, cause there will be one, and I figure I can shave another few hundred off my price then)

Less than $400pp out of Toronto I think good. Buffalo (an indirect flight) is $292 CDN with Delta but for that difference and a drive to Buffalo in February, I'd consider Toronto the safer bet. IMHO if you wait for the dollar to improve to fly out of Buffalo, it will not be this coming February.

Good price for Toronto. A direct flight from Southwest out of BUF, depending on your dates, is probably at about $280 USD (that's a Wed to Wed flight), which is already at about $360 once you convert.

Yes, I think that's a good price. I searched all the close U.S. airports and ended up booking out of Montreal for $400 total and that includes a checked bag. I'm very happy with that.

Last edited:

Most US schools get a break in February, if your flights happen during the same time you'll almost always be better off to fly from Canada.

I would consider anything under $400 pp from YYZ to be pretty good. You can usually find $250pp USD out of BUF, but given the current exchange and that your trip may hit a US school break I wouldn't risk it, personally.

Seems like a great price to me, especially considering the additional expense of flying out of BUF (gas, potentially parking, potentially a hotel room).

I just booked Southwest flights out of Buffalo Dec 13th-24th. $99 each way and two checked bags each per person. Even with the exchange rate it's a much better deal. Both flights are direct flights with no stops.

That's a good price IMO. I booked roughly the same today in Feb. Flying out on a Tuesday I was able to get $365 pp

I had a tough time deciding to pull the trigger thinking there might be a further sale later on, but maybe not, and if so it might only be slightly better. Ultimately I'm happy with the price I got and think you got a decent one too.

I think about $400-450pp is about what you're looking for from Pearson, so you should book anything you see under that.

FWIW, Reading Week for U of T, York and Ryerson usually coincides with Auto Show week, and in 2016 that would be week of Feb 15 (1 week after the Mid-Winter holiday).

(Fun fact: I spent my final year in 96 sitting in the "student" area of the Auto Show because my thesis project was related to cars. Real fun Reading Week for me.)

My inlaws have a 3 bedroom home they've rented and are staying there regardless if we go or not so they said if we go, don't worry about paying our share of the rental. We weren't planning on going anywhere this year as we just went to Florida over Christmas and we also have been doing renos on our house. We also probably won't do too many parks this go round except one day at MK - I cant be in MCO and not go to MK! LOL We normally drive and stay longer but I don't want to pull DD out of school for two weeks so if we go we'll fly. Hmmm....hubby and I will have to make a decision soon. I thought it was a pretty good price considering. We'll be going like Feb. 3-10. DD's birthday is on the 8th so that will probably be our MK Day (if we go)

I agree that it is a good price. I paid $1377 CND return for three from Detroit to MCO Saturday to Sunday end of Feb and the home bound flight isn't a nonstop flight.

I think it's a great price out of Toronto. It may be a bit cheaper out of Buffalo, but why wait and worry? Book it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter