Is This A Good Rate?

essmom

DIS Veteran
just curious if you thought this was a good rate? I got it on hotel kingdom since ent rates were so high. It is $151.20(gardenview) at the Hard Rock March 20-26. I think most ent rates were better last year but I am hoping this is a good rate for this year!!

I haven't seen any better rates.

http://www.1sthotelreservations.com/

shows your rates @ $171.75 for a garden view @ HRH. Unless FAN or APH rates (EVER) come out, I don't think you'll do much better.

Incidentally, our dates overlap (March 24-30), but we'll be at the PBH. (We also booked through Hotel Kingdom.) We can't wait!

Jodie

Yes, I looked at 1sthotelreservations but they tack on $25 a night for taxes etc!! So I know I got the best rate thus far. Still waiting for those fan club rates. Have you been to universal before? This is our 1st time-a surprise Xmas gift for my 2 children who are 81/2 and 11. they really wanted to go to Discovery CVove so i added a bunch more days to try out universal/IOa and Wet and Wild and sea World. I know we'll have a blast!!

It is my BF's first trip, and my first trip onsite (I haven't been in years!). We are very excited!

I didn't know 1sthotelreservations tacks on extra $$. I know the taxes on our room are $22.90 per night with that 11.5% tax rate. Is that extra fee for 1sthotel above and beyond that 11.5% tax?

iT'S TAXES AND THEIR FEE-i BELIEVE. IT COMES UP WHEN YOU CLICK ON BOOK IT AND SHOW IT IN ADDITION TO ROOM FEE.

I was looking for a room for Mar 17 to the 20th. Based my research, you got a great rate for the time period of your stay. As you probably gathered the cheaper rates are in the summer and fall.
There is no entertainment rate for HRH for the week prior to your stay. The best entertainment rate, I was quoted was $169 for RPR standard room and I see the current quote on Hotel kingdom is $186 for RPR and $211 for HRH.

It is supply and demand. There is more demand than supply, so the rates are higher. Be happy and think about all the fun that you are going to have.

Dad of 3

essmom, we booked in the nic of time! Did you check our dates today on hotelkingdom???

Your rate: $151.20 (HRH Garden). Your rate if you booked now: $199.19!

My rate: $199.19 (PBH Deluxe). My rate if I booked now: $255.21!

We totally snagged a deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter