Is this accurate info on need to cancel party tickets?

erinch

Parsing the same ee cummings poem for 20 years
Hello!
I am engaged in the depressing reality of canceling all the plans and reservations for a 3 week trip. My husband fell and broke his hip and shoulder and will be months recovering. We were due to leave one week from today to celebrate my 65th birthday. Ugh.

I just phoned to see if some accommodation could be made to obtain a credit for the tickets we have for MNSSHP, MVMCP and Jollywood Nights. I was told that when we are no shows, the amount paid will automatically transfer over and become a credit for future ticket media. Is this accurate? He also said there is not a way to cancel to open up those dates for someone else. Any expertise on this greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Not true. I just did it last month. My kids got sick while we were there and we had Halloween party booked for our last day. I called and they said they made me a one time courtesy and refunded my card. It went back immediately. The party was more than 24 hours away. Call back and get someone else.

I have cancelled Halloween party tickets and had a credit put onto my profile that I then used to purchase park tickets (I think - the credit might have gone to a party ticket purchase) at a later date.

What you were told is what normally happens. Sometimes they will cancel your tickets now but normally it's always in the form of a credit on your account, not a refund to you cc so what happened with @wdw4rfam is an exception.

Regardless, if you cancel, those tickets will not be made available to other guests nor can they be transferred.

You can call again but will likely be told the same thing but it never hurts to ask.

That's how it worked for me. We had party tickets for a night in August but got sick. We called to say we wouldn't be attending and they told us not to worry, get better soon, and call back when we found another special event (hard ticketed event) we'd like to attend. We called a few weeks later, and gave the ticket number from our original purchase to the cast member. They found the credit and used it to purchase a party ticket for a date in October. There's no expiration on the credits, but we were told they prefer it if you use them "in a year or two". The credit can only be used for hard tickets events (not regular day tickets) and you will not be refunded any unused credit. (So if you have 3 party tickets but eventually only purchase 1 ticket, you cannot get the value refunded.)

What you were told is what normally happens. Sometimes they will cancel your tickets now but normally it's always in the form of a credit on your account, not a refund to you cc so what happened with @wdw4rfam is an exception.

Regardless, if you cancel, those tickets will not be made available to other guests nor can they be transferred.

You can call again but will likely be told the same thing but it never hurts to ask.
I am fine with a credit and not a refund. What I was worried about was being a no show and then losing the money paid all together. I am hoping Kent recovers well and we can restage next year, or use for theme park tickets for family members.

Picture Eeyore under a rain cloud. Me.

Oops, just saw what Raya said. Hard ticket event credits are fine. I did take screenshot of all ticket confirmations.

I am fine with a credit and not a refund. What I was worried about was being a no show and then losing the money paid all together. I am hoping Kent recovers well and we can restage next year, or use for theme park tickets for family members.

Best wishes and :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: :tinker: for your husband’s full recovery and a wonderful future trip.

Policy has been the tickets do not lose their monetary value and we have no reports of this having changed.

So sorry this happened! Happy birthday and I hope your husband has a quick recovery!

Sorry to hear of his challenges and I hope he recovers soon and you may get a re-do for the vacation.

As mentioned - “non-refundable” ploy allows for fully-unused tickets to retain a credit. Occasionally an exception is made for a refund but that isn’t the norm. As suggested, make note of not only the ticket number but also the value. Party tickets and regular park tickets (unless part of a cancelled package). Be aware the ticket credits cannot usually be combined, so 1 credit for 1 future ticket (for example you can’t combine 2 party tickets plus a 3-day park ticket to get a longer 10-day park/hopper).

So last year, I had tickets for my sister and I to go to MNSSHP before she died. When I called to let them know I would not be able to go on the date the tickets were purchased due to her death, they said that a refund could be issued to me for both tickets that could be used for any future tickets, not just special events tickets. Maybe it was going to be a pixie dust thing. I was just switching the date of the party I would be attending and having my sister's ticket switched to my cousin instead.

So, if you do decide to go when there is not a special ticket event, maybe check with them to see if they will just put the credits to regular theme park tickets.

You have gotten good advice thus far, but wanted to say I am so very sorry about his injury and the loss of your special trip. I hope his recovery goes well and you are planning a new trip soon.

We had to cancel a trip last fall, and I was able to use the Christmas party ticket credit toward park hoppers.

Hope he recovers quickly!

We were supposed to go at Halloween in 2017. I had MNSSHP tickets. A few weeks before, I tore my shoulder and had to have surgery and my son broke his hand. They refunded my full trip, even my tickets. Not even credit. Granted, that was a long time ago, so things may be different now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter