Is this true????

I didn’t think that was human trafficking. Just part of Pirate History.

Why is there a ride about pirate history anyway? I mean, it's a cool ride, but what the heck? Pillaging, burning, auctioning people. I never understood it. Probably having to do with kids playing pirate back in the 50's or whatever?

Source: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/pirates-of-the-caribbean/
"The attraction was originally conceived as a wax museum and a walk-through exhibit. But following the success of Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress at the 1964 New York World’s Fair, Walt Disney and his team of Imagineers decided that Audio-Animatronics—Walt’s latest animation technology—was the most imaginative way to tell a rousing pirate story.

On March 18, 1967, Pirates of the Caribbean opened at Disneyland Park. Thanks to the many highly detailed scenes, lavish special effects and memorable characters, the attraction earned rave reviews and has remained a beloved classic, even spawning its own blockbuster film series!"

Pirates of the Caribean combined the boats of It's a Small World with the audio animatronics to create a new ride. One of my personal favorites, I play the queue music loop continuously.

Today they are making the scenes more politically correct. Auctioning off the women is being changed to auctioning guns is the simple summary. An awesome ride however overall, one I would encourage you to enjoy.

Why is there a ride about pirate history anyway? I mean, it's a cool ride, but what the heck? Pillaging, burning, auctioning people. I never understood it. Probably having to do with kids playing pirate back in the 50's or whatever?
A man far wiser than me once said those who forget history are destined to repeat it . . . or something to that effect. Pirates are cool. Kids love pirates. Why not have a ride about them? Mix a little history in with a cool ride, and have your kids maybe learn something while enjoying themselves, not a bad idea in my book.

That's why we live in the greatest nation on this wonderful planet. We are free to make personal choices. It's just sad when we are forced to make changes to please others.

Edit: I will still love the ride as it brings back so many memories and I get to share them with my girls.

Last edited:
Walt was able to sell a vision that would not pay off except in the long term. The investment into various rides / parks would never be built today. Pirates is an example. We can all think of many reasons to shoot it down, if it was proposed. The ability of Walt to sell it to investors, to find a way regardless to build what he knew to be a game changer, is truly remarkable. I am so glad Pirates exists, due to immersion and portrayal of a storybook tale. Enjoy it for what it is a portrayal through technology and props, anima-tronics and sounds, without bringing in today's politically correct (offend no one, ever!) theater rules.

A pirate's life for me, if you please! But not as a real 1800's pirate - life was too difficult and short, but as a Walt Disney pirate!

A pirate's life for me, if you please! But not as a real 1800's pirate - life was too difficult and short, but as a Walt Disney pirate!

Where nothing is ever really that bad, morally speaking.

6fcc59ed533c4c37cb34ae4f4873bb09.png

They need to redo the last scene of COP with all the family members in separate rooms sitting silently on their phones and tablets.

Perfect! Add in dirty clothes and empty drink cans and a parent with eyes closed shaking their head.

A Moana ride . . yes . . . instead of Pirates . . . I'll boycott Disney. Price increases, I live with them, cuts in hours, and service, I survive, they do something that stupid, I literally will not go back.

I just made a post very close to this in regards to small world. But, yes, it certainly applies to PotC as well.

I just made a post very close to this in regards to small world. But, yes, it certainly applies to PotC as well.
Yup, I read your Small World post. My daughter agrees with you whole heartedly about Small World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter