Is this walking a reservation?

I have been trying since the end of last month and been on at 8am maybe a few minutes after.

This is the issue.
BWV standard is one of the most difficult reservations to book in the whole system. Second only to AKV consierge and value.
Most of the rooms are already booked, probably, by people with reservations that started a few days ago. Whatever is left is booked within a few seconds after 8am. I am not joking, whoever has the fastest connection to the Disney servers gets the room.

There are almost certainly walkers, because there always are, but I couldn't say how many. The reality is that those rooms are very popular and many are booked by legit reservations.
Anyway, what you describe is not a sign of walking, only a sign of a very popular room.
A sign of walking is if within a week rooms restart to appear, after the walkers move on. So keep an eye on the website and create one nights wait-lists to catch the nights dropped by the walkers.

You can book 7 nights when the 11 month window opens - so today you could book for a 9/2 check in w/ a 9/9 check out day. If you want more nights you have to add them on a few days later when the +7 window covers them.
Ok so here’s the problem. One day of the week is missing first it was 9/2, then 9/3 so I can’t book anything

Try again tomorrow morning at 8am sharp. Have your screen shrunk enough to see the continue button when the std studio is expanded (you don't have time to scroll). Hit check availability at 7:59:58 (takes a couple of seconds to load the availability). Immediately expand the std room and hit continue. With the holiday weekend, there might be more people with the last night of the stay being 9/3, so more rooms might be available in the 8 AM rush on 10/4. The only rooms available are going to be the days that the walkers end their walk and check out.

Ok so here’s the problem. One day of the week is missing first it was 9/2, then 9/3 so I can’t book anything

It think you are simply competing for a very popular room and others computers are getting it first. All you can do is keep trying.

Was 9/2 available? If so, did you book it? If tomorrow you see that 9/3 is available, will you book it? Sometimes that’s what you have to do, pick up one night at a time as the walkers walk past. Then when you get what you want, MS can combine the individual reservations into one (assuming all same resort/villa size/ view, etc.).

I think you need to stalk the site and pick up the first night. Once you have that, you can pick up additional nights as the “walker” drops it.

The earlier dates are starting to show availability. Aug 31 wasn’t available now it is and the sept1-4 aren’t but the 5&6 th are but can’t book those because it’s not the 5th yet. so it looks like they are walking past. I am flexible with my dates so I’m waiting and stalking

Thank you all for all the information. In discussing this and Looking more into it we realized just now that standard view was not what we always had. We had garden/pool every time and we’re doing an extended stay and do enjoy our balcony so view is actually important to us. We are going to do either garden or Boardwalk. We were just at a boardwalk view last month and they gave us Village Green on the 3rd floor and the balcony was HUGE! Could have easily fit a few loungers and large table out there. Since it’s a slow time of year maybe we will get lucky and get one of those rooms again!
Glad I did my research further!
Am so appreciative of all the help and knowledge here so thank you

My normal vaction is 8 to 12 days, I am able to book those at one time at 11 months....

However, I do see where the website says 7 nights so, I guess I'm lucky? or the system has a glitch
Nope. It’s always been 7 days max at the 11 month. We also do 9-10 days and have to go on every day after to add the next day.

Your mileage may very,
Like I said glitch. Maybe

If you are booking 8 or more nights right at 11 months on a regular basis, then it’s not a maybe glitch for your account, it is a big time glitch for you.

But, for the rest of us, it prevents us from doing it. For example, when I click on. September 7th today, the only days that show blue are through the 14th..

Got me curious though….If you go in to your account today, how far beyond the 14th of September does your calendar show blue?

Last edited:
Ok, my upcoming trip was book 11 months to the day in advance.
it is for 8 nights….

not sure how is did it, but I did…
like I said maybe a glitch….
Definitely 8 nights? Not 8 days since you select the day you check out but you aren't booking that night? I know it's Disney IT but that's quite a glitch.
I'm also very curious. At 11 months means the corresponding date so for example at 8 am on Sept 7th you could book a stay starting Aug 7th of the following year?

Definitely 8 nights? Not 8 days since you select the day you check out but you aren't booking that night? I know it's Disney IT but that's quite a glitch.
I'm also very curious. At 11 months means the corresponding date so for example at 8 am on Sept 7th you could book a stay starting Aug 7th of the following year?
Yes, eight nights,
I'm old but I remember how a calendar works...
Saturday to Sunday

booked it on 12/4/22 for 11/4/23

So just to update everyone here. We booked the Boardwalk view like we wanted. I had waitlisted the standard view room and never deactivated it. Well the walkers walked right past and bang I got filled on the standard view room and surprisingly it was 5 nights and the whole thing filled. So I guess they were walking the reservation LOL
was going to switch it back to the Boardwalk view but the extra points we had returned gave us a few nights at the Grand Flo so we extended our trip and do some Epcot and some Magic Kingdom!
never had a standard view so figured for 9 points a night at Boardwalk I can’t give that up. So first time standard view for us any recommendations about where we should request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter