• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is TSMM closing in May?

We don't really ride TSMM much so it won't matter to me one way or another but I'm not sure I want to see the line back there with just 1 track open. I know not having FP will keep it moving but I don't see it being faster. I rode once during EMH and that line was not pretty. That was with 3 tracks.
If they kept FP I’d imagine 3+ hour waits for the ride. Not having FP should hopefully help that.

I'll be shocked if it's less than 3 hours at any point during the day (beyond the first 15 min) without a FP line
Not if I waited an hour to get through the line with 3 tracks running, during PM EMH.

Can you share what time of year that you was? I haven’t done EMH since they had the 3rd track - but have not experienced this when they had 2 tracks. Not doubting you - just trying to gauge if it might be the same during my April trip.

This is going to be a disaster with only one track running. I don't envy anyone who is going to HS during this time and wants to ride it.

Toy Story Mania will be standby only from April 9th to early May. It will be operating with one track only.

Does anyme have any information for after the dates announced? We go towards the end of May and are the hining we might have to change some plans.

We have a PPO breakfast ADR at Hollywood & Vine on our only HS morning - mainly to sign up for Jedi training which we will do before breakfast. Does the H&V location give you any advantage or disadvantage to others waiting to ride TSMM at rope drop? Obviously we will try to be done with our meal as early as possible.

Our honeymoon was in 2008 when TSMM was new, and it was such a madhouse that we didn't even get to ride it that trip after trying several times. With one track open and no FP+ for early May, I imagine the wild rush at rope drop and 3 hour lines for TSMM will make me feel quite nostalgic!

We don't really ride TSMM much so it won't matter to me one way or another but I'm not sure I want to see the line back there with just 1 track open. I know not having FP will keep it moving but I don't see it being faster. I rode once during EMH and that line was not pretty. That was with 3 tracks.

A couple weeks ago I was quite surprised that the SB line was shorter than the FP+ line. It made no sense, but SB was moving well. At one point we walked back there and no lines visible. There were only 2 tracks open.

Does anyme have any information for after the dates announced? We go towards the end of May and are the hining we might have to change some plans.

No one is going to know anything. The expectation is TSL will be opening late May so whether they keep a front entrance open in the gap or not, we just have to wait and see.

Here is the info that came out ...

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2018/...will-not-offer-fastpass-parts-april-may-2018/

3 tracks? Where are they? TY.

Original ride is 2 tracks. They added a 3rd to the left (as you look at attraction) in a former studio building. If you rode when you pass the second scanners they sent you down a hall to the left. Many times we went ... all FP+ went to 3rd track.

This is going to be a disaster with only one track running. I don't envy anyone who is going to HS during this time and wants to ride it.

Yep. Going to see how people do at closing and hope that works for us (4/30 date). We can’t go at RD since JTA is my kids’ other must do. *sign*

We are there right during that week that is on the backend of the no fp, one track time period. I wonder what happens after that. Closed ompletely? Not sure if I should schedule our hs day at the beginning of the week and hope to catch it stand by, or at the end of the week and hope it reopened completely??

We are there right during that week that is on the backend of the no fp, one track time period. I wonder what happens after that. Closed ompletely? Not sure if I should schedule our hs day at the beginning of the week and hope to catch it stand by, or at the end of the week and hope it reopened completely??

I was wondering about that too. Soft openings? Earlier opening of TSL than expected? Nah, that wouldn’t happen ... would it?

I was wondering about that too. Soft openings? Earlier opening of TSL than expected? Nah, that wouldn’t happen ... would it?
Well, they haven't even announced an official opening date. End of April might be too early though. Perhaps they might have previews then.

We have a PPO breakfast ADR at Hollywood & Vine on our only HS morning - mainly to sign up for Jedi training which we will do before breakfast. Does the H&V location give you any advantage or disadvantage to others waiting to ride TSMM at rope drop? Obviously we will try to be done with our meal as early as possible.

I have tried to set up this same strategy for an April trip. I wonder how quickly you have to be out of the restaurant to be getting in line before or around the time of the park opening?

I have tried to set up this same strategy for an April trip. I wonder how quickly you have to be out of the restaurant to be getting in line before or around the time of the park opening?

I'm trying to do the same. We have a PPO reservation at H&V. You mention signing up for Jedi Training before breakfast. Can you do that? I thought the sign up wouldn't be open until 9am when park opens, so after breakfast, right?

I'm trying to do the same. We have a PPO reservation at H&V. You mention signing up for Jedi Training before breakfast. Can you do that? I thought the sign up wouldn't be open until 9am when park opens, so after breakfast, right?

This will be my first visit, so I can't confirm for sure, but my reading of these boards and other online sources suggest that yes, the sign ups for Jedi Training are available before breakfast. So you get let in to the park early for your pre-park opening ADR, go to the Jedi sign up first, then go to the restaurant to eat. And are hopefully all finished before the park's official opening time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter