Is Veterans Day Weekend really that bad?

allymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We will be staying off property November 3 -10 with family. Will probably just do one family day at Epcot for Food and Wine and a night or two at Disney Springs. Thinking we will just enjoy the resort (Marriott World Center Timeshare) and each other most of the week.

My husband and I decided to add on three nights (Sat - Tues) at the Poly - will be our then 13 month old’s first trip. Figured we could take advantage of being so close to MK.

So TP rates all three days 9 and 10 in terms of crowds. D’oh! It’s Veteran’s Day Weekend! Are we better off just hanging around the resort? Hoping we will have nice warm weather and can use the pool. Can anyone give advice as to how bad the crowds will really be? Are we talking Christmas level?

Thanks!

I think it also might be "Jersey week" the first week in November, which might contribute to why it has a higher TP crowd level. I have never been that week, but I hear it is not great--probably not Christmas level, but I doubt there will be many light crowds. One tip is to do food and wine on a weekday to avoid the locals who come in on the weekend for the festival. Another option could be to get tickets to MVMCP if budget allows to enjoy MK with lighter crowds.

We will be there November 6-13 and the crowds do worry me. I can do crowds OR extremely hot/humid weather but not not both. We will deal with the crowds. Our plan is do most of our park time Wednesday-Saturday, EMH at the Studios on Sunday and staying only until about 11am or so and then MVMCP on the 12th but no other park on that day. And yes, it is Jersey Week.

IMHO, no. We did that weekend and the week after in 2012 and 2016. It was also the last weekend of Food and Wine. EPCOT was crowded on the weekend and MK was that Sunday. After that the crowds were fine.

I have been during jersey week several times and the crowds aren't that bad, IMO...besides Epcot which WILL be crazy on the weekend esp Fri/Sat nights.

Veterans Day (sadly) isn't a big thing at WDW. Other than certain parts of the country that may have a vacation week then (NJ?) there really isn't a big draw at WDW otherwise.

I have been 4 out of the 5 previous years. Crowds were *almost* spring break level. Epcot on the weekend is all but impassable in World Showcase. Rope Drop IS your best friend! Headliners in all parks had waits of 55-90 minutes by noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter