Is Victoria and Alberts that hard to get a reservation for?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going on a (sorta) last minute trip to WDW in Febuary 2019. For the first time, we will be KID FREE! We want to try and do all things we cant do when she is with us and V and A is on our top list! I never actually looked for V&A reservations but I have been searching for 2 weeks with no luck of ONE slot the entire time we are there! Is this really a hard to get reservation like BOG used to be?!

Apparently it is next to impossible to get into now but it never used to be. I went like 5 times between 2010-2014. I do believe it used to be that you couldn't make these reservations at 180 days out, if I am remembering correctly. I think it was actually only 30 days out unless I am remembering wrong. Anyway, it used to be easy to get into. Like the first time I went, back in 2010, I had such an outstanding meal, that the next day, I called them from my room to book another reservation during my 2 week stay and I had no problem getting in again on that short notice.

But of course, for some time now, it has been a 180 day eatery, like all the others and I do believe that change has made it very hard to get into. I looked just for fun for ressies for this month, next month, and in December, and nothing came up, even for a solo reservation.

Luckily, I have had my fill of them, because I went so much years ago when I had the chance, so I don't feel that burning desire to go back again, but it definitely was the most exceptional and out of this world dining experiences I have ever had.

We had a difficult time securing a reservation for our anniversary last year but were finally successful. I think we just got lucky when someone else cancelled. It is definitely a "be on the phone at exactly 180 days in order to secure" type of reservation.

I booked V&A for a date between Christmas and New Year's this December at 180 days out. I had my pick of times which I was quite surprised by. My suggestion is to call them directly as I find that sometimes the online booking system doesn't work that well for them.

DH and I are going on a (sorta) last minute trip to WDW in Febuary 2019. For the first time, we will be KID FREE! We want to try and do all things we cant do when she is with us and V and A is on our top list! I never actually looked for V&A reservations but I have been searching for 2 weeks with no luck of ONE slot the entire time we are there! Is this really a hard to get reservation like BOG used to be?!

Call them directly, (407) 939-3862.

I've booked a V&A's reservation every year for the last 4 years at least, and I've cancelled all of them but once. This year I had booked Queen Victoria room which popped up at about 90 days out, but I've noticed that the closer you get the harder it is to book. So, people do cancel those reservations and if you're checking often it's possible to grab it.

For the 23rd of October . I was really looking just for fun for 2 pax.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.41.23 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 9.41.23 am.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 16

been taken I was just looking for fun. And was shocked to see it. Hopefully someone here took it. Because its not there any more I was on a Disney youtube site. That talked about hard to get dining.For fun wanted to see how much good good was still left if you booked only two days ahead. And there is lots.

Last edited:
My wife and I saw it available day of on our trip in September... I wonder how many reserve this and decide to cancel at a later time? My guess is a lot.

My wife and I saw it available day of on our trip in September... I wonder how many reserve this and decide to cancel at a later time? My guess is a lot.

Cancellations would most likely occur at least 72 hours ahead, given the stringent cancellation policy --

Cancellation Fee - Cancellations will be accepted only by our reservations office by calling 407-939-3862. A fee of $100 per person will be charged for each guest that cancels within 72 hours or does not show to the reservation. All fees will be waived if we receive a courtesy call before the 72-hour window. Our restaurant is very small and each table is only served once per evening. A prompt cancellation allows for us to call one of our many guest on our wait list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter