Is volcano bay worth it?

ozliz

DIS Veteran
I will be at WDW in November and planning to get a park hopper plus ticket so I can use the water parks on non main park days (assuming weather is warm enough). I’ve been to universal studios and islands of adventure on my last Orlando trip but volcano bay has since opened and I don’t know whether it’s worth a day trip across to check out this new park.

It would just be me and that’s fine.l although I always find it frustrating that there are slides that require multiple riders that I miss out on. I’ve mostly been during the winter season so I could handle cooler but not cold weather. I would prefer to stay at Disney (also DVC) rather than move across to universal area for a night only to have it conincide with a cold snap in the weather.

I’ve always loved water parks and I have the time but is it worth the effort (and cost of transport as will not have a car)? Would there be enough for me to ride without a second person on the larger slides?

I’ve read a few posts of solo peeps at Vbay

They seemed to enjoy it there

November weather can be iffy
Decide later in buying your Vbay ticket

I will be at WDW in November and planning to get a park hopper plus ticket so I can use the water parks on non main park days (assuming weather is warm enough). I’ve been to universal studios and islands of adventure on my last Orlando trip but volcano bay has since opened and I don’t know whether it’s worth a day trip across to check out this new park.

It would just be me and that’s fine.l although I always find it frustrating that there are slides that require multiple riders that I miss out on. I’ve mostly been during the winter season so I could handle cooler but not cold weather. I would prefer to stay at Disney (also DVC) rather than move across to universal area for a night only to have it conincide with a cold snap in the weather.

I’ve always loved water parks and I have the time but is it worth the effort (and cost of transport as will not have a car)? Would there be enough for me to ride without a second person on the larger slides?

Hi if you decide to go to VB they are very good about putting you with other groups to ride. On all the family raft rides I saw many solo travelers put with groups. The water coaster will do the same. In fact we had a solo traveler a couple of times. You may have to wait an extra few minutes for a group but that's it. If you love water parks and the temperature is good if you went you will enjoy it. It's got some of the best raft rides and water coaster I have been on. My family does a lot of water parks.

I guess you have to look at what rides they have to see if that would be worth it.

Good luck!

I will agree with bobbie, in that I have been several times now as a solo rider and there is nothing you will miss out on. The rides are really fun. Whether it will be worth it to you to travel there if you already have the Disney water parks is something only you can say, personally I wouldn't. I'm not sure you can get dropped off at VB, you may have to get dropped near Citywalk and take the shuttle bus.

I have an AP and stay at CBBR just so I can walk over early and enjoy the park for 3-4 hours in the morning before it gets crowded. Hours will probably be relatively short in Nov (10-5?) and it may not be very crowded then.

I went with a friend who doesn't really do water rides... so more or less solo. In Feb, even though it was mid 80s, it was not busy at all on a Tues. We went to IOA 9-9:45am to hit some rides during that slow hour, then took the bus over to VB. Everything was ride now the whole time. I rode everything I was interested in, a few times for everything except Krakatau - which was "ride now" but had a decent wait regardless, so I only rode once. Coerced my friend onto a few rides too. We left about 2-3pm (can't remember) and totally lucked out as we were having lunch at City Walk when it hardcore downpoured and we watched everyone spewing out of the parks. Waited under cover for the rain to end, at which point we headed back to IOA where most rides had low waits. I'm sure VB was seriously empty by then...

Volcano Bay IMO is better than either of Disney's waterparks now that it is fully fleshed out and everything is working. Is it worth the extra money and day to go? Only you can answer that question for yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter