Is wifi good enough now to not get a sim card?

We struggled at SSR it was always losing connection and took forever to upload any pics! Was one of the reasons I could not keep up with the live trip report :(

If I remember correctly we were getting 0.5mb/s in room very hit & miss by Millers Rd pool, 4mb/s in MK.

Ouch. 0.5mb is not great. Just out curiosity, are wired connections still in the rooms? Have they been made free of charge? I'm in SSR by the way? I could take my own router I guess....On the other hand, 4mb is broadly comparable to outdoor 3G coverage and isn't bad considering the number of potential connections. I will hopefully have some luck with it anyway!

Ouch. 0.5mb is not great. Just out curiosity, are wired connections still in the rooms? Have they been made free of charge? I'm in SSR by the way? I could take my own router I guess....On the other hand, 4mb is broadly comparable to outdoor 3G coverage and isn't bad considering the number of potential connections. I will hopefully have some luck with it anyway!

All wired connections have now been removed disabled :(

Personally I wish they have left the choice - we had an Apple Express in our owners locker for a couple of years which meant we have a secure in room wifi connection at a decent speed :goodvibes

OKW last year was really bad. BLT was mainly good first thing but afternoons and evening were really bad.

So are we! Daughter has no problems at bus top or the dock, or at least she is always on her phone! Have I been chatting to you? Room 4213 :)

I don't think so we're in 7101 literally the last room in the furthest building lol

After saying the wifi was really good it was terrible in Magic Kingdom today, I think I jinxed it haha

I have to apologise as my daughter disdainfully told me last night there is no wifi available at the bus stop she has just been sorting her photos on her phone! It occurred to me yesterday in the parks people spend a lot of time in queues on their phone rather than chatting, bit sad really.

It occurred to me yesterday in the parks people spend a lot of time in queues on their phone rather than chatting, bit sad really.
I rarely use my phone but Karen & Matt do, I said to them on more than one occasion last trip, introducing Wifi was one of the worst things Disney have ever done.
Some great benefits like being able to ring each other free in different parts of the park or even different parks but I still preferred the parks without Wifi.

I had no problems in Kidani or OKW, they have upgraded the wifi from even a year ago where I had to drop connection and pick up in different locations etc. The airline delayed our bags over the Easter weekend so made quite a few phone calls over skype from the parks and the resort and got a clear connection every time. I also used Logmein ignition on the phone and iPad to remote control a PC back in UK without issues as well as streaming from our Tivo using a sling box.

I don't know if the times of day will make a difference or whether you may just get unlucky with a number of high users in the same area, for the cost how much will it effect your business if you don't have a backup? I have always intended to by a myfi type thing but this year decided I was glad I never had.

I'm one of the ones using my phone on queues lol but majority of the time it's to look up wait times and park hours, which might have been one of the main reason they introduced it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter