Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Ohhh…has the media been saying it is not good? (I had no clue 🙂)
I’ve just seen a few videos and read a few articles that have been less than complimentary. I’m sure there will be some that will come out being super positive à la DFB who rarely have anything bad to say which will provide balance but currently I’ve just seen a bit more negativity. Could just be the media bubble I’m stuck in though. Despite that, I’m still excited and I’m hopeful the rooms will be the standout, kind of like how Riviera’s rooms are. The views from the preferred view balconies are going to be something else.

I think every Disney resort fan who has ever been to TDR would agree that the experience (and new ride tech) in Tokyo is phenomenal and it’s clear that their standards for excellence are next level. The Beauty and the Beast ride is incredible, even for guests who don’t love the movie or dark rides. (My only gripe is that dining options close early in Tokyo parks)

I told my husband the other night that I thought I was dying of “not being at Fantasy Springs right now” as the other night as all influencers were covering the new rides and dining experiences.
The issue isn't whether or not TDR is better than/cleaner than/more technologically advanced than WDW or DLR. TDR opened in 1983. It's been all of those things for over 40 years. My point was that all of a sudden, in the first few months of 2024, every Disney vlogger has somehow miraculously come to the same realization. Not because it's some magical group epiphany or that Tokyo finally got their act together and started doing things right, but because they're (the vloggers) all dying to get more views in a rapidly shrinking social media space (and desperately trying to remain relevant in a comical game of keeping up with the Jonses (or the Bojanowskis or McCormacks or Provosts). One goes to DLP, they all go. One goes to TDR, they all go.

"WDW sucks compared to Epic Universe" was so 2023. "WDW sucks compared to Tokyo Disneyland" is so 2024.

The issue isn't whether or not TDR is better than/cleaner than/more technologically advanced than WDW or DLR. TDR opened in 1983. It's been all of those things for over 40 years. My point was that all of a sudden, in the first few months of 2024, every Disney vlogger has somehow miraculously come to the same realization. Not because it's some magical group epiphany or that Tokyo finally got their act together and started doing things right, but because they're (the vloggers) all dying to get more views in a rapidly shrinking social media space (and desperately trying to remain relevant in a comical game of keeping up with the Jonses (or the Bojanowskis or McCormacks or Provosts). One goes to DLP, they all go. One goes to TDR, they all go.

"WDW sucks compared to Epic Universe" was so 2023. "WDW sucks compared to Tokyo Disneyland" is so 2024.
Do you think they may have gotten a deep discount to go? I only watch one of them, and he just got back from Tokyo a few weeks ago 😆 it reminds me of when they all got invited on that trip to the bayou to see the inspiration for the Splash Mountain re-theme. That trip was complimentary, (minus alcohol I’m sure).

I see. The only Disney blogger I intentionally read is Tom Bricker and his blog has been a love letter to TDR for years.

Not sure what the motivation is for everyone else to suddenly discover TDR (prior to this month’s Fantasy Springs media junket), but I’m surprised the critical influencers aren’t whining about limited food options (and loooooong food queues) when the Tokyo parks open, and most dining venues closing before the evening parade/water show. Or that FastPass there are are also pay per ride, or at least they were when we visited last summer— perhaps the strong dollar and weak yen takes some of the sting out of it?

Not sure what the motivation is for everyone else to suddenly discover TDR (prior to this month’s Fantasy Springs media junket)
I'm also not sure but a less sinister perspective could be that people see the changes made over the last 20 years at TDR, see the changes that are coming up (Fantasy Springs,...) feel that they are getting less back at home and want to push Disney to do more at WDW?

The Tokyo parks are beautiful but I also agree with all of the disadvantages you mentioned (long lines, paid fast pass, lines for food, etc.). Some of these are cultural, though. Japanese people don't seem to mind queueing as much or rather see it as confirmation that what they are waiting for is worth it. TDR could change some of these but has no incentive to do so.

Any predictions on when we will see point chart?

I don't know when we will see the actual points chart, but here is a pdf chart I put together with my predictions...

Edit - If you save this pdf, please do not confuse it with an actual DVC points chart, as it looks very similar to the real ones.

Attachments

• PVB 2025.pdf
    97.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Looks like a good take. I wouldn't be surprised if the tower studios end up going for less than the longhouses simply due to size - the tower studios look like they will be quite a bit smaller so the longhouses may demand a premium comparatively. Larger size was one of the reasons the current longhouse points charts have been justified as being higher than many other resorts' studios. It will probably depend on exactly how big of a difference there is between room size for the two - Kidani and Jambo for example are different sizes but not dramatically different and are priced the same.

I don't know when we will see the actual points chart, but here is a pdf chart I put together with my predictions...

Edit - If you save this pdf, please do not confuse it with an actual DVC points chart, as it looks very similar to the real ones.
I think you're in the ballpark. Main difference I'd have is the penthouses might be even more points than that. Very curious to see what those are like. CCV Cabin is my current bucket list booking, it might switch to the penthouse if they really nail it

Looks like a good take. I wouldn't be surprised if the tower studios end up going for less than the longhouses simply due to size - the tower studios look like they will be quite a bit smaller so the longhouses may demand a premium comparatively. Larger size was one of the reasons the current longhouse points charts have been justified as being higher than many other resorts' studios. It will probably depend on exactly how big of a difference there is between room size for the two - Kidani and Jambo for example are different sizes but not dramatically different and are priced the same.

I am betting on the deluxe studios being the same on points for the standard and lake/pool views, just like AKV.

I think you're in the ballpark. Main difference I'd have is the penthouses might be even more points than that. Very curious to see what those are like. CCV Cabin is my current bucket list booking, it might switch to the penthouse if they really nail it

Yes, the wildcard is going to be the Penthouse Villas.

1. Are they going to be only dedicated 2-bedroom penthouse villas, or are they going to be lock-offs?
2. What kind of enhancements will they have?
3. Will they be considered club level? Including concierge service?

Each of the possible differences will have an effect on the points.

I put my guess on them being between the regular 2-bedroom and the bungalow.
I made it equal to the points for a 2-bedroom of the same view plus the points for a standard view deluxe studio.

I am betting on the deluxe studios being the same on points for the standard and lake/pool views, just like AKV.

Yes, the wildcard is going to be the Penthouse Villas.

1. Are they going to be only dedicated 2-bedroom penthouse villas, or are they going to be lock-offs?
2. What kind of enhancements will they have?
3. Will they be considered club level? Including concierge service?

Each of the possible differences will have an effect on the points.

I put my guess on them being between the regular 2-bedroom and the bungalow.
I made it equal to the points for a 2-bedroom of the same view plus the points for a standard view deluxe studio.

By the way the announcement was written, I’d say the penthouse rooms are not ones that split. They will be dedicated 2 bedrooms.

Well done! Thanks for sharing. I’d be very surprised if it ended up much different than this.

As you mention later - the 2BR PH is the big wildcard. That’s hard to predict points without all the details.

It's going to be very interesting to see what room/view end up being the near impossible. 16 different bookings room/views may result in a lot of availability holes.

When I look at this, I'm thinking Duo Studio standard view will be the hardest to book.

Anyone know if Disney allows buying a FW for dedicated 2BRs?

By the way the announcement was written, I’d say the penthouse rooms are not ones that split. They will be dedicated 2 bedrooms.

I was thinking the same thing, but they did not say anything about any lock-offs, so who knows. lol

Anyone know if Disney allows buying a FW for dedicated 2BRs?

From what I have been told, for any DVC resort that allows FWs, including PVB, they will sell a FW contract for any size unit/villa as long as the number of points on that contract is at or above the minimum points required for a new contract. Currently I believe the minimum is 100. They lowered it from 150 to 100 last year and I have not heard of any changes since then. (still need 150 direct for benefits)
There is also a percentage limit on each type of unit allowed to be FW. Once they sell that much % in 2-br villa FW contracts, no more 2-br FW.

From what I have been told, for any DVC resort that allows FWs, including PVB, they will sell a FW contract for any size unit/villa as long as the number of points on that contract is at or above the minimum points required for a new contract. Currently I believe the minimum is 100. They lowered it from 150 to 100 last year and I have not heard of any changes since then. (still need 150 direct for benefits)
There is also a percentage limit on each type of unit allowed to be FW. Once they sell that much % in 2-br villa FW contracts, no more 2-br FW.
Great work on putting a mock point chart together! I know we’re all guessing here, but am I the only one who thinks the 2 bedroom penthouses may be as expensive as the bungalows or possibly even more expensive? Depending on the layout and what’s included as far as in-room amenities, it very well could be larger than the bungalows and more desirable, all while having a better view of Magic Kingdom and the fireworks. Let’s not forget that the bungalows still only have 2 bedrooms…

Thank you.

That explains why some Riviera Tower Studios don't have FWs. The must be less than the 100 point minimum.
I wonder if Riviera owners see a lot of reservation walking for the week 49 and 50 Tower Studios?
If Riviera does, I expect the same thing to happen for Poly tower duo studios.

That percentage limit is why I'm very curious about the dedicated 2BRs. If they are as limited as the first floor plan you analyzed last September made it appear, buying a FW 2BR may be needed as soon as sales start. Would kick myself if we waited a few months from the sales start to be told week 49 and 50 FW 2BR dedicated are completely sold out.

Just wondering if Disney would be allowed to lower the point chart for the bungalow now that it will be the same association? Also wondering how many fixed weeks are the allowed to sell? Seems like it may be a good idea if you are buying direct for the tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter