Issues adding DDP at last minute?

jessicadisneygirl

Always planning the next trip!
We currently have a stay booked at Beach club as a room only reservation beginning December 1. I am considering adding the Disney dining plan to create a ticketless package. The CM told me that I could do this as late as one day before the trip however I don’t think I’m comfortable waiting that long. Since we already have our magical express confirmed and room request made I am also second-guessing whether to do this at all. As far as I understand they will have to cancel my original room only reservation and refund me then re-book it as a dining plan and room package. Will this give me a new confirmation number? Will I have to remake my room request? Will it cause an issue for the magical express since my confirmation number will be different? What about possible losing the room in the process since there is no availability at all now?

We do have a lot of character meals planned and I would come out slightly ahead by using the dining plan but if I choose to just pay out-of-pocket and forgo the snacks I don’t think the difference will be large. It would be convenient to have it all prepaid though.

We currently have a stay booked at Beach club as a room only reservation beginning December 1. I am considering adding the Disney dining plan to create a ticketless package. The CM told me that I could do this as late as one day before the trip however I don’t think I’m comfortable waiting that long. Since we already have our magical express confirmed and room request made I am also second-guessing whether to do this at all. As far as I understand they will have to cancel my original room only reservation and refund me then re-book it as a dining plan and room package.

Will this give me a new confirmation number? Yes, it will become a new reservation.

Will I have to remake my room request? Yes. And if the resort has already chosen your room 72 hrs out, it will be cancelled in their system. You can make another request, but it may be best to stop at the front desk.

Will it cause an issue for the magical express since my confirmation number will be different? Issues only if you do not contact DME yourself and allow them to make the necessary changes in their system. You do not want to show up at DME checkin, and they can not find your reservation. This has happened to us because I thought CRO took care of it. We eventually got on the bus, but it’s not a great way to start a trip.

Regarding shipping tags - at this point it is too late for them to ship tags, so you will need to black out the bar codes and write in the new reservation number above.
If you have changed resorts, you will also need to scratch out and rewrite.

What about possible losing the room in the process since there is no availability at all now? No, GS will rebook the same room type and any discounts will be retained. The process is set up like a new reservation, but the situation is that you are actually adding the DDP.

We do have a lot of character meals planned and I would come out slightly ahead by using the dining plan but if I choose to just pay out-of-pocket and forgo the snacks I don’t think the difference will be large. It would be convenient to have it all prepaid though.

I have answered you above within the quote.

We have added the DDP last minute with DME about 3 times. It can be a pain, but is completely doable. Since it is a last minute resort change, we usually have to stop at the front desk to check in and activate the DDP. HTH.

I have answered you above within the quote.

We have added the DDP last minute with DME about 3 times. It can be a pain, but is completely doable. Since it is a last minute resort change, we usually have to stop at the front desk to check in and activate the DDP. HTH.
Can’t thank you enough! Great advice! :jumping1:

Is one day prior new? I thought it was 72 hours in the recent past.

It has always been 72 hrs, but there was a "thread" over on FB DIS and someone said they had added it upon check-in and someone else said they did it the day before, so I no longer have ANY idea what the policy is on this one.

None of this (new reservation complications) applies to DVC stays, right? I'm still tweaking my ADRs and debating the DXDDP add-on.....

None of this (new reservation complications) applies to DVC stays, right? I'm still tweaking my ADRs and debating the DXDDP add-on.....
I am DVC they have been consistent with 2 days before check in. I haven't added a dining plan in the past year so I'd ask over on the DVC board if you plan on cutting it that close.

I am DVC they have been consistent with 2 days before check in. I haven't added a dining plan in the past year so I'd ask over on the DVC board if you plan on cutting it that close.

I did this in September on a DVC stay. Was staying at CCV and added it to my AKL portion just 2 days before transferring there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter