• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Issues with Event tickets and 4-park ticket

Aela

DIS Veteran
Just fyi. This week we did two after hours events, then 4 park days with a 4 park ticket special they are running right now.

Day 1 - DVC AK Moonlight Magic Ticket. Event started at 8, early entry at 6pm. We arrived at 5:45 and there was already people being shuffled into the event, they were scanning in folks, and giving out the bracelets, as well as coupon tickets. (Then it started dumping rain). I guess we scanned in shortly before 6pm, but they were scanning in folks well in advance of us, and we had been in line for the event with a few hundred other people.

Day 2 - Epcot After Hours Ticket. Event started at 10pm. Park closed at 9, and early entry at 7. We arrived at 8:50pm. Told them we were there for the AH event. Scanned in, and then were given a bracelet at the gate.

Day 3-6 other stuff including DHS and MK.

Day 7 - Epcot. Woke up to buy G+ and it didn’t show any tickets available. Had to go talk to the front desk. Missed the 7am drop. Apparently when we scanned in for both after hours events, the system took out the 4 park day ticket for that park instead/too? We were thankful the hotel desk worker assigned us comp tickets for the two days we needed, or so we thought. We spent the day at Epcot, but I checked with Guest Relations before we left Epcot.

For Day 8 the AK ticket was gone too, and had not been applied when Epcot was.. I had to explain to the GR folks what happened again. After waiting almost an hour, and being told it was “our fault for arriving early, and scanning in at that wrong location (???)” they said they would go ahead and give us the ticket for AK, but that we were “lucky” and apparently should be grateful? Because if it happened again we might not get it comped. Since the manager lady was there to gift it to us like it was some type of pixie dust? Clearly you could see we had After Hour tickets and scanned in AFTER the window opened.. how it is our fault that the 4-day ticket pulled instead of the AH one?

I mean…. I haven’t ever been so “Disney offended”.. I would expect that attitude at other places, but not WDW. Are my expectations too high for Disney on this?

Has anyone else heard of someone with 4 park day tickets being used instead of their after hour one? It was just a surpise, and I would never have expected it.

Thanks for posting this. I have multiple tickets for our upcoming trip. I'll be sure to check on them.

I would have taken issue with the idea that you were gifted with with something by the manager...unless I'm misunderstanding, they simply provided you with new tickets because they couldn't figure out how to correct their mistake? They didn't give you anything extra.

I know the system is pretty stupid so I'm sort of not surprised by it? I know I'm calling a system stupid and that systems are only as smart as the people who program them...

And even though I hate using my phone, I think this might be one instance where I would. Then I know which ticket I'm grabbing.

I think I'm more surprised by the guest relations staff, I mean this is a pretty well known issue...

Thanks for posting this. I have multiple tickets for our upcoming trip. I'll be sure to check on them.

I would have taken issue with the idea that you were gifted with with something by the manager...unless I'm misunderstanding, they simply provided you with new tickets because they couldn't figure out how to correct their mistake? They didn't give you anything extra.
Exactly. We did pay for the ticket, and we were in line with everyone else.

We also know there are usually different entrances. We followed the signs and used the ones that were flagged as After Hours. Everyone else in line was there for exactly the same reason we were. I suspect it is a bug with their 4 day park ticket? I’m not sure. They also told me that we needed to make sure we went through the correct gate next time (we did?).

We bought the 4 day magic ticket too for our recent trip and contemplated buying AH at Epcot and wondered if this might be an issue. Ugh, how annoying! I could see on day 1 pulling a regular ticket since you weren't technically able to get in for the MM event, but nevertheless, still dumb for disney IT.

We decided against the AH ticket but when we've had multiple tickets in the past, I usually save them to my apple wallet and only use my phone when I scan into the park so I know which ticket/pass I'm using. The other option when you scan into a park is to try to find a not as busy tap in point and a CM with an iPad. They'll be able to see what ticket you're using too if you don't want to use your phone. Most of this is avoided as of late given everyone else's tickets/APs are associated with a park reservation.

As far as the CMs at GR, I think it's one of those things where they know there are people who knowingly try to game the system so they're likely distrustful of guests that have had this happen. But still, no reason to be rude to you given they can see what time you visited each park. Def annoying.

If I recall for MM the last time I went they did not scan our Magic bands we showed a print out that had a QR code but that was in 2019. We did a party event at MK where they let DVC in a few hours early but we had to stop by GR at the park itself to have it added to our MB. We never had an issue with tickets at events…. But did with switchover after looking when I got home then sending an email waiting……… waiting……. Told I had to call…. On hold for a short 2 hours at that time…. And yes no apology just a person taking an hour to research and gave us comp tickets and bye - we had none expiring tickets. So I do understand the feeling like they did you a favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter