It’s the little moments that count!! 3/31 KathyRN137 & Lurkyloo's podcasts

Bill is the most amazingly sweet man. You guys are so perfect and I love reading bout the love you have for each other. I am trying to catch up and stay caught up...kinda hard with a 9.5month old but I am trying. The new Dis App is helping though. :). Can't wait to read more about the trip!

I'm glad I was two updates behind so I didn't have to wait for you to reveal the ring! :goodvibes What a wonderful evening & a beautiful gift from Bill. He's such a keeper!

Awe Bill is so sweet. Loving the tr so far (I just found it today) I can't wait for more.

Looking for another update...hope to find one soon!!!!

smilie3MickeySearch.gif

Hi Tracy! I've never read one of your TRs before, but I just found this one and I am loving it. Great job! Reading your first post made me so mad, I honestly don't know how people can be so rude. I wish everyone was as nice as people in Disney. :(

We always change our plans once we get to Disney too. I can't even tell you how many ADRs we cancel. A lot of the time it just comes down to what you feel like doing at that moment!

You take great pics! I especially love that one picture of Bill sitting with Roy and Minnie with Main Street glowing in the background.

That is such a beautiful ring from Bill! He is so sweet! I've seen a lot of Disney desserts like that but never that one with the chocolate rose and "Happily Ever After"! It is soo beautiful. You know, I didn't even know you could do private dinners on the balcony of the GF before I saw this. I'll have to do that someday!

OMG :*)

The ring is so beautiful, as was the chocolate rose. An A+++++ for Bill on that one! So romantic!

I just read this whole report, am definitely subscribing, and now I am off to read all your others :goodvibes

Thank you so much for joining us :goodvibes.

Oh Tracy how beautiful-the ring, the presentation, the romance, the everything! Bill is incredible! Ugly tears? I think not! I know what you mean though. :goodvibes Congratulations to you both!

I was so surprised and overwhelmed, thanks!

Aww...that is so sweet. So many couples now met online. I think it's so neat.

I am happy he went trolling on Yahoo :rotfl2:.

Wow! What an amazing surprise. Happiness to both of you.

I am really enjoying reading your tr - I don't normally read trip reports but your report has really grabbed me. I even lost track of where it was and was searching the forum for it! Thank you for sharing with us.

I am so happy you decided to give our report a try. Thanks for reading.

I just found your TR. I take a break from all TR's once in awhile. The pics are great. I have a Canon SX 230 so slightly smaller than your new camera but love the pics it takes. I'm letting my DGD use it on our trip in August and can't wait to see Disney from her perspective.

The dinner looked awesome and once again Bill amazed me with how wonderful he is. That ring is gorgeous. You are both very lucky to have each other. Looking forward to reading more.

Canon makes some great cameras. I am very blessed to have him.

Bill! Holy Toledo! That is one beautiful ring. But, then again, you have a beautiful lady, so it certainly fits. What a romantic evening and what a schmoochie face Bill is. My grandmother had a phrase, "he is so sweet you could just eat him up with a spoon!"

Awww thank you so much. Bill does have a wonderful schmoochie face.

Hi Tracy & Bill!

I read this a few days ago but didn't have time to post...

Now that I'm back, I am truly at a loss for words! What an incredibly romantic evening! You're right... Bill DOES need to give romance seminars for men!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations to a truly lovely couple! :flower3:

Kathy

KATHY!!!! The wonderful woman that talked me into writing my first report, now you can't shut me up :rotfl:. Thanks Kathy.

What a beautifully story from a beautiful couple! Bill, wow, I'm hoping my wife doesn't see this thread. CM's are so amazing how they can become unforgettable from one interaction or friends you look forward to seeing on every trip. Can't wait to see more!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We truly admire the CM's, they can make or break a trip.

Isn't it time for another update????? :rotfl:

I know, I know.

Beautiful night, beautiful ring, beautiful couple!!!! So happy for you both!!!

That night was just magical, thank you.

What a perfect way to end the night! The ring is beautiful, and the dish was decorated beautifully. Bill is always so thoughtful and romantic! You two are such a great couple!

It was a beautiful night, I was so happy the rain went away.

Awwwww that Bill is such a sweetie :goodvibes...and I agree he needs to write a book for men on how to treat their ladies...he's SO WONDERFUL at it!!! :thumbsup2

The ring is beautiful and the chocolate rose and plate were so pretty.I just think you two are the coolest couple! :cool2::cool2:

I tell Bill all the time he could get DVC if he would just write that handbook ;). We are a dorky couple at best LOL.

Bill is the most amazingly sweet man. You guys are so perfect and I love reading bout the love you have for each other. I am trying to catch up and stay caught up...kinda hard with a 9.5month old but I am trying. The new Dis App is helping though. :). Can't wait to read more about the trip!

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your baby is so adorable.

I'm glad I was two updates behind so I didn't have to wait for you to reveal the ring! :goodvibes What a wonderful evening & a beautiful gift from Bill. He's such a keeper!

Thanks for reading along, I have to get back over to your TR asap.

:confused3 :lmao:

Awe Bill is so sweet. Loving the tr so far (I just found it today) I can't wait for more.

Thanks for reading!!

Hope you two are doing well. Just checking in! :)

We are doing great, I am just having the post Disney blues.

Looking for another update...hope to find one soon!!!!

smilie3MickeySearch.gif

You will get one very soon.

Hi Tracy! I've never read one of your TRs before, but I just found this one and I am loving it. Great job! Reading your first post made me so mad, I honestly don't know how people can be so rude. I wish everyone was as nice as people in Disney. :(

We always change our plans once we get to Disney too. I can't even tell you how many ADRs we cancel. A lot of the time it just comes down to what you feel like doing at that moment!

You take great pics! I especially love that one picture of Bill sitting with Roy and Minnie with Main Street glowing in the background.

That is such a beautiful ring from Bill! He is so sweet! I've seen a lot of Disney desserts like that but never that one with the chocolate rose and "Happily Ever After"! It is soo beautiful. You know, I didn't even know you could do private dinners on the balcony of the GF before I saw this. I'll have to do that someday!

If everyone was as nice as people are in Disney, this world would be much better off. Thank you so much for joining us. I am still getting used to this new camera but I am loving it so far.

Awwww. Such a great update!! Love everything Bill did for you that night, Tracy. He's such a romantic. :lovestruc

Y'alls Butler is such a sweetie. ::yes::

I'm glad you got a little spoiling, you deserve it. :thumbsup2

Awwww. Such a great update!! Love everything Bill did for you that night, Tracy. He's such a romantic. :lovestruc

Y'alls Butler is such a sweetie. ::yes::

I'm glad you got a little spoiling, you deserve it. :thumbsup2

He is very sweet and kind. We just love Jack, I hope we see him again. Thanks about the spoiling, Bill does that all the time. We are going to see The Lion King Musical in August, he surprised me with tickets.

I had become one of “those” women, you know the type, that just can’t stop looking at the new jewelry her fantastic, amazing, wonderful man had given her :goodvibes. The light would catch it and I would be like “ooohhh” and looking at it all over again.

We were moving to the Boardwalk Villas and I was anxious to see how the process would work since we had a little issue the last time we rented points. This was a different DVC points rental company and I was hoping things would go smoothly.

I called Pop Century bell services to transfer our luggage over, I figured it couldn’t get lost twice right? (and it wasn’t). After that was taken care of we went to DHS and got on a friendship boat bound for our new home. It was rainy and cloudy again.

191.jpg

195.jpg

We checked in and everything went fine, Neil a CM there, remembered us from December and chatted a bit. I love it when the CM’s remember us. We asked if there were any accessible rooms available, there were not when we booked but we were hoping for a cancellation, but it wasn’t meant to be. We were handed our Keys to the World Card and told room was ready at 10:30am woo hoo, we were happy.

Since we had booked a Boardwalk view room we knew we would be walking and walking down the seemingly endless hallways of the Boardwalk Villas.

First of two hallways we had to go through to find our room:

197.jpg

I guess Disney figured it was such a long walk they gave guests seating to catch their breaths:

198.jpg

I will admit, somehow I walked right past our room the first time?? HUH?? What a rookie thing to do. We found it and went inside and I started snapping pictures like we were paparazzi at a celebrity event.

Balcony shot:

199.jpg

Room pictures (my opinion, they need to get rid of the old fashioned looking bedspreads and update):

222.jpg

Sofa bed:
217.jpg

Seating area:

221.jpg

Kitchen area:

223.jpg

Shower/tub/toilet area:

224.jpg

Sink area:

225.jpg

Closet area:

226.jpg

227.jpg

The TV/dresser:

228.jpg

One thing I don’t like about the BWV’s, well actually I read this a lot about DVC rooms in general is how dim the lighting is. It annoyed me at times, but the view off the balcony made everything better. I didn’t realize it as I was snapping away at first, but Bill told me to really look between the two poles on the right:

232.jpg

OMG that is Spaceship Earth, we can see it right from the balcony, in fact I could see it sitting on the sofa in our room. I was in awe of it. We were right above Big River Grille on the 2nd floor, we had a solid balcony, it was big. To the right of the Big River Grille was the clothing store:

234.jpg

I really wanted Bill to be able to go out there and see everything, there was one thing in our way:

147.jpg

A huge metal lip for the French doors, there was no way Bill’s chair would go over that. He has a bolt on the bottom of the wheelchair that locks him into our van so we had a problem. I called the housekeeping/engineering number and they forwarded me to Vera, the housekeeping supervisor. I explained the situation and she said she would call me back. When she did, she said they had an accessible room with a pool view, I said we didn’t want that, we paid for a Boardwalk view. She said she would come to the room and discuss things. When she arrived she was on a scooter, I love that Disney hires people with different abilities. She looked at the lip, understood the situation and asked what I would suggest. I asked if they might have any temporary ramps to put against the lip, they didn’t have those. Then I suggested a manual chair, even though Bill would not be comfortable in that, at least he could be out there. She said she could see what she could do and get back with me later. She was so nice.

Looking left, Yacht Club:

237.jpg

Looking right Boardwalk Inn etc:

239.jpg

We decided to explore a bit, the sitting area again between the two hallways:

241.jpg

242.jpg

Lobby pictures:

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

Continued in next post… Moving to the Boardwalk Part 2

Carousel that is on top of a seating area, this carousel was a model that would be taken around to demonstrate what the real carousel would look like if someone wanted to buy one for their carnival, park, etc:

249.jpg

Towards the Boardwalk Inn side:

254.jpg

By the elevator:

255.jpg

We just love the Boardwalk:

257.jpg

259.jpg

We went to the ESPN Club for lunch, it is fun for us and we don’t worry about not being able to get a table:

260.jpg

Even I was cold by the time we got done eating and I told Bill to go ahead outside while I paid, look where I found him. What a fantastic backdrop:

264.jpg

I decided to try out my zoom:

266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

Bill being mean to oregonmommyof2, aka Toni, and her funnel cake obsession:

149.jpg

This is the area right off our balcony:

272.jpg

Our balcony, much bigger than the ones above us:

273a.jpg

We didn’t buy any desserts from ESPN since we don’t care for them and stopped by the Boardwalk Bakery instead. I got the cheesecake brownie:

280.jpg

Bill got Key Lime Pie:

281.jpg

Zooming again, I couldn’t get enough of the balcony:

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

289.jpg

Raining again:

290.jpg

Bill had work to do so we stayed in for the night. We could hear the games on the Boardwalk being played and the horns from the friendship boats. Then I heard fireworks, it was Illuminations:

342.jpg

We were so happy with the room and looking forward to seeing what Vera could do to help us out with Bill’s balcony situation.

Next installment… Disappointments, surprises, and a serenade

Glad the check in went better for you! What an amazing view! Can't wait to read more and feed my Disney craving. (thanks for your kind words about Maliah!)

Great update and pics. Looks like a nice resort. Too bad about the non accessible room.

yea, another update! your pictures are so good. my dad was in a wheelchair with the locking bolt on the bottom. it does limit access in some cases but well worth it when he rode in his van. i hope they figure out something about the balcony.

thanks for sharing.

great pics!

I really wanted to try the Boardwalk for our December trip but it's all sold out :rolleyes:

You have a great view! I hope Bill is able to get out and enjoy it as well!

The brownie cheesecake looks delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter