it’s a small world

MinnieLizzie

Earning My Ears
My almost-three-year-old daughter LOVES it and will definitely want to ride more than once when we visit the 2nd week of April. We have a PPO BOG reservation, but hate to waste a fast pass or that precious first hour of touring time on it. In your experience can we expect relatively low waits around 10:30ish (right after our Peter Pan FP)? What about late afternoon/early evening when we return to the park after a nap break? Thanks!

My almost-three-year-old daughter LOVES it and will definitely want to ride more than once when we visit the 2nd week of April. We have a PPO BOG reservation, but hate to waste a fast pass or that precious first hour of touring time on it. In your experience can we expect relatively low waits around 10:30ish (right after our Peter Pan FP)? What about late afternoon/early evening when we return to the park after a nap break? Thanks!
You may want to track wait times on the MDX app. At 6:45p today, there’s a 20 minute wait.

I'd do your 3 FPP early in the day and as soon as you tap into your 3rd, try to get a same day fastpass(es) for IASM.

Evening is a better bet than mid-morning, I’d say. Around 11 am last week i think waits were close to an hour? But I was able to grab a same day FP for it with a window starting about 20 minutes after I started looking, so I think the same day/refresh option might work well for you to get multiple rides on it.

My 18 year old daughter loves the ride and we have never had an issue getting a 4th fast pass to hit the ride but I have noticed the line seems to run faster than the listed wait times.

Definitely easy to get an additional FP later in the day to IASW and waits never seem super long.

Around 11am, a few weeks ago, we waited 45 mins for small world. It was a CL 9 day, mind you.

When we got Small World as a 5th or 6th fastpass, the standby line was about 45 mins. For every attraction but shows, the standby lines were long. There was even a wait at the Peoplemover!

But if you kept refreshing, FPs would pop up.

When we got Small World as a 5th or 6th fastpass, the standby line was about 45 mins. For every attraction but shows, the standby lines were long. There was even a wait at the Peoplemover!

But if you kept refreshing, FPs would pop up.
That's right! A line at the People mover! That almost never happens.

An aside regarding Small World: we were there several days ago, and for the first time that I ever remember this happening, the music on either side was not coordinated. Same song on both sides not synchronized, mildly annoying. :confused3 I forgot to mention that to a CM as we exited, but assume other guests did. I know that later on in the day, the ride was closed, so I imagine they were correcting the problem. On the positive side, I loved that at the end of the attraction, we saw our names listed on the "goodbye in other languages" cards. :goodvibes The magic of RFID...

On Jan. 4, we arrived at IASW around 10:30am to a 75 minute wait. It was a very busy day and every time I checked the wait time it hovered around an hour. We could have gotten a FP in the afternoon for it but had a 5:30pm SDMT FP booked that we did not want to give up.

We left around 7ish because we had a very full day, but I’m sure if we went back to IASW that evening we could have gotten on with a shorter wait.

Top of the list for our next visit! We love IASW so much.

Rarely have I seen IASW have a line longer than 15-20 minutes, often less.
As mentioned above, I would get the 3 FP for the morning. (9:30, 10:30, 11:30.). As soon as you have tapped in for the 3rd, start checking to see what is available for FPs.
Keep refreshing.
If you daughter loves I HIMASW that much, it may be worth using an extra FP for it. Should be plenty available as 4th + and FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter