• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It’s January!!! This is crazy!!! The crowds are insane. Hi

We had the best table for 2 in the house st Sanaa today. Extremely good meal and experience. Also we had good fast passes, slept in, and I never saw so many animals as this time inn the safari ride or on the lookout area behind Sanaa. The animals like this weather. I have some great pictures several amazing videos.

FYI: great 4 piece live jazz band 7 to midnight Friday night at the lounge at the Bluezoo in the Dolphin.

Happy hour 5 to 7 pm that includes 4 appetizers and selected cocktails, wine, and draft beers.

We split their signature fish after the appetizers. They plated our fish choice separately. We enjoyed the meal drinks and live music tonight.

Loving our stay at the Dolphin.

Last edited:

I'm new to these boards, but we just got back from a three day trip. We spent Monday at Animal Kingdom, Tuesday at Hollywood Studios, and Wednesday at Magic Kingdom. We had a fantastic trip and loved the cooler weather. However, it was more crowded than we were expecting. My group has been before in August and May, and both of those trips seemed less crowded. We did everything we wanted though with fast pass and getting to the park early. I will say our Animal Kingdom day seemed the most crowded. It had rained all day the day before, and it was also an early morning hour, so we figured this contributed to the crowds. Anyway, yes January is crowded, but we'd do it again. We would rather have the crowds than the August heat.

We were there January 13th-19th and was surprised to see quite a few tour groups with flags. Crowds weren't that bad but we normally see those groups during the summer. Groups that size can definitely change wait times.
January and February always sees the South American Tour Groups-it is their Summer break from school.

January is mainly Brazil 15s and February is mostly Argentina 15s.

But their numbers in January/February are less than half of their July numbers.

January also sees MULTITUDES of Families from Brazil which are a huge contributing factor in January crowds.

There are also around 800 College Students from Brazil who work at WDW every December/January-Portuguese is more common at WDW each January than English!lol:)

Hi

We were at mk today and I didn’t think it seemed too crowded at all, especially for a Friday

We went to MK about 5:30pm today, Friday, and it was great! I was very surprised by the lower crowd. Epcot just before from 1:00pm-5pm was also very nice, and crowds were lower than last Friday...and the weather was amazing!!!! Great last full day of our trip.

DH and I were at EPCOT on Thursday to pick up our AP magnets, enjoy the food huts and the beautiful art. We felt the crowd was very light. Granted it was jacket weather but we do have a few cold days in Florida. The human statues were great, the jazz group on the fountain stage was wonderful and all in all, a terrific day :)

Epcot seemed busier last night. I expect the weekdays next week will be less crowded and we will hit it up again.

I agree about the weather. Absolutely lovely yesterday, great for a AK visit which is where we spent most of the day yesterday.

I love early February!

DW and I popped over to Epcot yesterday, Friday, afternoon for a quick visit to pick up our AP magnets and found the crowds to be fairly low. I had picked up a Soarin' FP+ for 1:45pm the evening before which is reasonable signal of lower crowds. Living with the Land was a walk on right before our Soarin' FP.

That said I decided to take my morning walk at the MK last Thursday the 24th and found the crowds to be higher than I expected. My warning was that FP+availability was low the evening before. Which was OK as my purpose was to wander around and enjoy a few corners of the park that we don't normally visit. Like climbing the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. I am always amazed at the little details in that attraction.

Didn't this happen last year in January too?

Seems like a trend now. January = huge crowds.

Didn't this happen last year in January too?

Seems like a trend now. January = huge crowds.
I would say the majority of the year is just crowded. People have to choose the time that best works for them. We just go based on resort availability, weather, and events going on.

Insane may be a reach but Disney World is never slow anymore. You think it’s busy now go on season next time!

I was at MK this past wednesday and it was rather busy. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train never dropped below a 110 min wait and no fast passes were ever available.

I also was at Universal this past week too and found it a lot quieter. Wait times were low minus the Harry Potter rides. You would think that with crowd levels high more people would check out Universal.

I was at MK this past wednesday and it was rather busy. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train never dropped below a 110 min wait and no fast passes were ever available.

I also was at Universal this past week too and found it a lot quieter. Wait times were low minus the Harry Potter rides. You would think that with crowd levels high more people would check out Universal.
Yeah the wait times are high because they are running less trains. At least this is my thought because Friday the actual walkways weren’t bad at all but 7dmt was 150 minutes

Thanks for the heads up. Universal is on our radar. I figure we will stay at one of their deluxe hotels and get FOTL access and then move to Disney resort or better yet the Dolphin.

For what it’s worth we are at HS tonight. We rode slinky Dog and a few others earlier with FP. Left for a couple hours to enjoy a few drinks and the view on our balcony. We headed back and are doing TSM standby tonight. Lines less than posted. And all the rides in toy story land look much cooler at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter