"It doesn't count as Thanksgiving dinner if I don't get to eat [blank]"

I’m not a fan of Thanksgiving dinner either. I end up fixing everything including my mother-in-law’s dressing that is a PITA to make cause that’s what my husband grew up eating. I grew up with Stovetop. 🙄 I could care less about turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. Oddly enough I do have to have the jellied cranberry sauce, hate the other stuff, and I love pumpkin pie.

Corn bread dressing. Not any sort of stuffing from a bag.

Yes!!!

Must be true southern cornbread dressing - my recipe is passed down from my mom who got it from my grandmother (my mom’s mom).

My brother-in-law, who’s from Michigan, grew up eating Stove Top Stuffing at Thanksgiving, so I make Stove Top Stuffing for him while the rest of us eat the cornbread dressing.

For me, it’s not Thanksgiving w/o - -

Southern Cornbread Dressing &
Sweet Potato Casserole (w/ the brown sugar & pecan topping)

My 2nd-tier must-haves would be - -

Homemade Cranberry Sauce &
Pumpkin Pie

Gravy. I would be fine with something else all together, but if it's a traditional Thanksgiving meal, the gravy is what I dream about. It's even my favorite part to make. (It's the only time I ever make gravy, so I really look forward to it!)

Yes!!!

Must be true southern cornbread dressing - my recipe is passed down from my mom who got it from my grandmother (my mom’s mom).

My mom made the stuffing with white bread and giblets. It was ok.

One year (very early on), DH (then BF) asked me to make cornbread dressing for the holidays. I looked up a recipe, and went with it...and he loves it, so that's what I make. It's the simplest thing, and not passed down, and probably not true southern...but it works for him. LOL

I agree with some of you....it's the dressing/stuffing (we don't stuff, so....), cranberry sauce (homemade for me), and turkey. It's the only time of year we have all 3.

I can't narrow it down to one. Thanksgiving dinner must have turkey, stuffing, pea casserole, and cheese balls.

It also should have jellied cranberry sauce, rolls, and apple pie.

Other sides and desserts can change at will.

I am a fan of all things sandwich, so my favorite thing on Thanksgiving is to make little Turkey sandwiches with the rolls - yummy!!! My stepmom usually buys Kings Hawaiian Rolls, so they make fantastic little turkey sandwiches!!

Also my sister in law makes a fantastic chocolate pecan pie for Thanksgiving every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter