"It means Keees on the leeeps"

lttlmc3

You can ship it, I'll still eat it!
:lmao: OMG! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! That was the first time I heard the Ohana review, and I almost want to go there just to watch the creepy woman and die laughing! I would have paid good money to have been there with John and Kevin. It's good to know there are other people out there who laugh at things for all the wrong reasons too!
I adore you Kevin!

The hilariously awful singing put me in mind of "Wing," the Chinese/New Zealander who guest-starred in a South Park episode among other things. For anyone who has sat with chin on the floor like Sebastian the Crab in Little Mermaid :eek: hearing caterwalling, take a listen to Wing for a chuckle.

I'd post the link, but dunno if that's allowed... Googling Wing and music should get you there, though... ;)

Had there been anyone else of a like mind in attendance, it would have been difficult to keep control.

As it was, John and I were asked what we were laughing at and all I could think was "are you serious?"

And through all this....we heard her explain to a family (WITH YOUNG KIDS) that she had been suspended because some guy laid on the floor and took a picture of her.....well.....you get the idea.

Had any of this been INTENTIONALLY funny....it could have been genius.

Had there been anyone else of a like mind in attendance, it would have been difficult to keep control.

As it was, John and I were asked what we were laughing at and all I could think was "are you serious?"

And through all this....we heard her explain to a family (WITH YOUNG KIDS) that she had been suspended because some guy laid on the floor and took a picture of her.....well.....you get the idea.

:lmao: You are killing me!:lmao: I have actually wanted to go to O'hana with my kids, and your review actually did not disuade me! Now I really want to go just because I have to see this all for myself. But I will need Depends! There is no way I will get through it without just :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

By the way, he was probably trying to figure out if she was a drag queen entertainer also! :lmao:

"ʻOhana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten." But apparently, Lilo, they can get suspended for "going commando!"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was wondering if you were talking about her. There was a thread on the DIS all about her and the suspension at the time. I believe the claim was that she wasn't wearing underwear or something. :confused3 She has many loyal supporters out there in the world apparently. I had no idea her performances were so annoying though. I've never seen her. When we went during the holidays last year, she wasn't there. (I think I would have noticed.;) ) It was a guy instead. And he wasn't annoying. If anything, we could barely hear what was going on. I can't remember her name so can't post a link to the older thread.

please please please tell me things have changed at Ohana since this review!! On the recommendation of several friends, we made ADRs at Ohana on my son's fifth birthday. (Ohana means family, afterall!)

We also dropped our ADRs at Tony's to make ADRs at Portobello Yacht Club based on the glowing recommendation/review from DISunplugged, for another day.

sigh....

please please please tell me things have changed at Ohana since this review!! On the recommendation of several friends, we made ADRs at Ohana on my son's fifth birthday. (Ohana means family, afterall!)

We also dropped our ADRs at Tony's to make ADRs at Portobello Yacht Club based on the glowing recommendation/review from DISunplugged, for another day.

sigh....

Keep in mind that their review is just their opinion. A great opinion and one that I would take into account.

But from their description I still think that my younger child would have a good time. I think a 5 year old would enjoy it. I am not a very picky eater so I would probably not have a problem with the food served there-- they said it was edible and that is good enough for me! But I would know that I am not getting a top notch meal based on their review. I don't think I would take my Mom and sister there for a nice grown up meal.

That is the thing you have to remember about dining reviews, your experience and tastes can be very different. Ask for an opinion on the DIS about a particular restaurant and you will get about 50% that love it and 50% that hate it. Go, have fun, try not to laugh at the entertainer too much remembering the review and have fun! Then come back and tell us what YOUR opinion is!

Thank you LTS... we're going to have fun together no matter what, I hope. I will definitely share our experiences!

Hey, looks like you're going to be there about the same time we are.. maybe a little earlier than us. How long are you staying?

sigh....

We ate there around the end of Nov. last year and the food was exactly how Kevin described it in the podcast. However, I actually liked the potatoes and the sweet chicken wings (ours were not cold). The skewered meats were awful though. The smoke flavor was so intense it made them almost inedible. All the meats tasted alike. I didn't eat hardly any of them. I stuck with the sweet chicken and potatoes and was happy. DH who is a huge meat eater had to stop eating before he was actually full. He was so disappointed in 'Ohana. :mad: He informed me that he would never eat there again.

I'm happy that the only time I've ever been to O'Hana was for breakfast. And well, it's pretty hard to screw up breakfast! Thankfully! Everything was fine and we got to see Stitch!

I often listen to the DISUnplugged on my long train commutes between Chicago and the suburbs. The review of O'Hana had me laughing so hard that fellow commuters were taking notice and I'm sure thought I was :upsidedow

Thank you LTS... we're going to have fun together no matter what, I hope. I will definitely share our experiences!

Hey, looks like you're going to be there about the same time we are.. maybe a little earlier than us. How long are you staying?

I am going Nov 1-7th for the DIS Ladies Meet. :cool1: The reason I give the advice I did is that 2 things my girls and I loved on our last trip--the Poly Luau and Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner are routinely given huge thumbs down here. If I had made my ADRs based on the reviews here we would have missed 2 of the biggest highlights of the trip that they still rave about! It really is all just a matter of your personal tastes. Hey, our standards just aren't very high!:rotfl2:

I loved the review. It brought so many memories flooding back. I almost forgot about the miserable time we had at O'hana's. THANK YOU KEVIN for helping me reaffirm my desire to never go near there again.

When we went, they made us wait about an hour and half even with ADRs. We also had the mumbling waiter drop bowls on our table! I guess he's still employed. At the time, we were disappointed that they stuck us about as far from the windows as possible so that they forgot about interacting with our kids. I guess I shouldn't have been, though I would have loved to have seen the train wreck first hand.

For us, the piece de resistance was raw shrimp on a skewer. Even our server had to admit that she wouldn't eat it. I'll take dried out turkey any day over that.

Life is too short for bad food (and bad ukelele music)

... the food was exactly how Kevin described it in the podcast. ... DH was so disappointed in 'Ohana. :mad: He informed me that he would never eat there again.

Same response from my DH. We had a marvelous meal in 2001. However, the food and service were both below expectations during our 2005 trip.

We were seated next to a family with a sick child, who threw up on her high chair. They left before we finished our meal, but the table was never cleaned the entire time we were sitting there. The smell was horrible.

We will stay at the resort again, however 'Ohana was not even considered when making up the list of ADR's for the trip next month.

IMO, This restaurant is a waste of a prime location. The many problems with 'Ohana need to be addressed.

indifferent service
laughable entertainment
bad food (Does anyone really :confused3 like the turkey or sausage?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter