• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It seems a rental car may be our best choice...Help if you have any other ideas.

DduzDis

DIS Veteran
We are going to fly in for a 2 night stay at BLT before a cruise out of Port Canaveral and then finish up with a couple more nights at BWV before flying from MCO to home in March of next year. I could set up Mears for MCO to BLT and the return to MCO from BWV. However, once we book transfers from BLT to the port and then the port back to BWV after the cruise, it seems renting a car may not only be easier, but actually maybe even more economical. We are 4 w 2 adults and 2 kids, 9 and 7. Those are a lot of transfers and waiting on busses, but I can rent a car through Costco (not cheap but cheaper than open market) and I will have to also pay for parking at the port during our cruise. Am I missing anything? Would you rent a car, Uber/Lyft, or multiple private limo services for the safest and most economical transfers?

I rented a car and parked it at the port for our 7 day cruise. I liked being able to come and go as I pleased. We also stayed a few days in Orlando before our cruise out of Port C and also drove a rental down to Miami for our 5 day cruise, from Orlando, after staying a few days in Orlando before, too. So I’d stay, if you can afford the rental and parking fee, I would say, easiest and nicest.

To each their own. The line for rentals at the ports are huge. I just like being able to get into my rental and go. Just as some don’t like to park at a hotel, and pay for such. I do, I just add the parking price into what I am willing to pay to have unlimited access to a car when I want to use it.

There are all kinds of options. I would pick the most economical...

A) Rental car for the duration. Pay for the rental car, pay to park at the port (I think BLT & BWV don't charge for parking, right)?
B) Private transfer. From MCO to WDW, then WDW to Port, port to WDW.
C) I would also look at Uber/Lyft from MCO to WDW, private transport from WDW to port and port to WDW.
D) Mears/Sunshine flyer from MCO to WDW, then private transportation to port and back to WDW.

Two one-way rentals was a PIA for us at the port. Next time, we'll definitely park one, even if it doesn't make the best financial sense.

If you rent a car make sure you get one big enough to hold all your luggage too. with four adults I usually get a mini van. we have four full size suitcases and they will not all fit in a trunk. I have a CRV and they barely fit in there when going to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter