It Shouldn't Be That Hard to Changing an Existing Reservation

Kindermouse

DIS Veteran
Why do they make it so hard to change a reservation?

With the fall offers out I looked to see if my current reservation could be changed to include a discount and ...yea!!!! I could stay preferred for less than I had for a standard room-a 22 dollar per night saving after taxes and a rooms was available.

So I go to make the change online from a room only standard to a room only preferred-sounds simple. Well the Disney website is now taking me to a ticket page and not giving me the option to not add tickets. I know this is not right because the offer is for a room only booking-I should not need to add tickets. So I decide to call. The CM I got after 20 minutes on hold says there there are no rooms available anywhere for the discount. I tell her that I have one currently in my cart and when I search online I can see more available. Well she cant see any. Nothing she can do-This went on for about 15 minutes with her getting help from another CM and neither can see any rooms for the discount ugh. I gave up and went back online figuring whatever, I'll play around with it. Maybe I can add the tickets and then remove them from my cart before I pay. When I try this I don't even need to do that-they disappear from my cart when I get to the final checkout page and I can see that I can indeed change my reservation and get a credit to my account with the difference.

So why in the heck didn't it just let me do that in the first place. Why in the heck couldn't the reservation CM just do this for me 20 minutes ago. Why is this so much harder than it needs to be.

I noticed that when I changed my reservation online it said I was adding tickets, which for an AP discount made no sense since the whole point is having passholder ticket. When I got to the check out screen I clicked on the items and checked my totals and made sure the money was right and the tickets weren't added. I think it's part of that glitch from the magical enhancement of the website back in June.

You are lucky you got it to work at all. When I tried it kept looping back to show the cart, but wouldn't let me adjust the reservation. I ended up cancelling and rebooking.

Why do they make it so hard to change a reservation?

With the fall offers out I looked to see if my current reservation could be changed to include a discount and ...yea!!!! I could stay preferred for less than I had for a standard room-a 22 dollar per night saving after taxes and a rooms was available.

So I go to make the change online from a room only standard to a room only preferred-sounds simple. Well the Disney website is now taking me to a ticket page and not giving me the option to not add tickets. I know this is not right because the offer is for a room only booking-I should not need to add tickets. So I decide to call. The CM I got after 20 minutes on hold says there there are no rooms available anywhere for the discount. I tell her that I have one currently in my cart and when I search online I can see more available. Well she cant see any. Nothing she can do-This went on for about 15 minutes with her getting help from another CM and neither can see any rooms for the discount ugh. I gave up and went back online figuring whatever, I'll play around with it. Maybe I can add the tickets and then remove them from my cart before I pay. When I try this I don't even need to do that-they disappear from my cart when I get to the final checkout page and I can see that I can indeed change my reservation and get a credit to my account with the difference.

So why in the heck didn't it just let me do that in the first place. Why in the heck couldn't the reservation CM just do this for me 20 minutes ago. Why is this so much harder than it needs to be.

What happens to your ADRs when you do this?

What happens to your ADRs when you do this?
Nothing will happen to your ADR's as they are not related to a resort stay. You don't have to be staying on property to make ADR's.

Unfortunately, a few years back, I had to cancel our reservation, and almost forgot that I also had to cancel our ADR's.

Nothing will happen to your ADR's as they are not related to a resort stay. You don't have to be staying on property to make ADR's.

Unfortunately, a few years back, I had to cancel our reservation, and almost forgot that I also had to cancel our ADR's.

Ok gotcha, makes sense! I didn't really think it through!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter