• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Won't Be The Opryland Hotel

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
Seems like the company that owns it doesn't want to stress the country ties (the hotel doesn't reflect country) so they are going to call if the Gaylord Palms. Still plans to open in February. Here's an article from the Orlando Sentinel.

Opryland now Gaylord Palms

Very interesting. We travel into WDW along the Osceola from the Turnpike. Since we get up there around 12-15 times a year, we've watched Opryland, er Gaylord Palms, come out of the ground. Seems like it has taken forever to build.

Anyway, I always assumed that the big square area was for shows similar to that which is done in Nashville. Guess not.

It will be interesting to see what rates Gaylord will need to charge in order to fill the place. Very unfortunate timing, when construction began the economy was bustling.

This is interesting ...

From what I can see of the new Gaylord Palms it looks a lot like the Opryland Hotel in Nashville.

Who's Gaylord? ;)

Thanks for the info. I am very interested in this one since we switch between onsite and offsite and I want a new offsite to consider. :)

Hmmm...The giant letters on the side of the hotel still say "OPRYLAND HOTEL" It looks to me like they are fairly permanent!

There have been lots of full page adds in my magazines that are still calling it Opryland Hotel. I would think that if they were changing the name they would not have spent so much on advertising with the old name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter