It wouldn't be spring without an Epcot F&G Festival! New pg 35

DisMomAmy

DIS Veteran
It’s time for another DisMomAmy family spring break trip to Disney!! It wouldn’t be a spring break trip without the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival & a pre-trip report!! Welcome aboard! Please say hello!

I haven't finished my November 2011 trip report yet, but since I have most of it typed up and we are now in double digits for this trip, I figured I'd get this report going. I've written several other trip reports & pre-trip reports... links to the recent reports are in my signature if you are interested.

We've been to Disney every spring, during the F&G Festival, since 2009. I also took a trip with my mom during the festival in 2008. It's such a beautiful time of year to be there and it's so nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel when you are trying to make it through a New England winter.

Who are we?
f4ab036d.jpg

8dde0845.jpg

cae7ad0f.jpg

I’m Amy, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & school volunteer. This will be my 16th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, Tim, is a 38 year old software engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World. He even suggested we take a DVC tour on our last trip! :eek:

aa28e872.jpg

Alex, 11, is a 5th grader who loves soccer, basketball, swimming & game shows. He was diagnosed with PDD-NOS/Autism Spectrum Disorder just after his second birthday. He is an amazing kid who has come so far to overcome many of his challenges.

Zach, 8, is a 2nd grader who loves karate & baseball! He is a very kind and sensitive boy. He was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when he was six. He is also an amazing kid who works hard to deal with his challenges.

When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 29th!

What are we celebrating? This year, Alex is finishing up his last year at our small town elementary school. The 30 kids in his 5th grade class (2 classrooms), are moving on to our very large, district middle school next year. So we’re celebrating his graduation from 5th grade!

The other major accomplishment is that Alex will be going to environmental camp for four nights with his 5th grade class & the 5th graders from several other small elementary schools in our district in early April. He has been very nervous about the experience. He was opposed to it all the way through mid-4th grade. When last year’s class of 5th graders went, he finally started to warm up to the idea. Now he is excited & we are the ones who are nervous! It’s going to be a great experience for him but I’m going to be thrilled when it’s over! ;)

Today we are at 98 days & counting!! :banana:

Stay tuned for all the juicy details!

Reporting for duty, Amy. :goodvibes

Now, I have to go back and catch up on your TR (I got so behind with my son and doctors, etc.).

Thanks for starting my PTR for me Amy! You just got a couple things wrong in your intro but I'll fix them for you ;)

I’m Amy, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & school volunteer. This will be my 16th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, Tim, is a 38 year old software engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World.

I’m Heidi, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & not a school volunteer. This will be my 10th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, John, is a 35 year old process engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World

You sort of got some of the things right about my kids but Danica is a 2 year old GIRL and Liam is 4 (got that autism thing right ;) )

When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 29th!

When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 28th!

I hope you get my flight information, car rental and resorts and ADRs correct when you post those. :teacher:

PS to everyone on the DIS -- Amy and I are friends in real life and yes we have a lot in common :lovestruc

Thanks for starting my PTR for me Amy! You just got a couple things wrong in your intro but I'll fix them for you ;)

I’m Heidi, a 38 year old SAHM, part-time bookkeeper & not a school volunteer. This will be my 10th trip to Walt Disney World!

My DH, John, is a 35 year old process engineer. He works very hard and spends long hours away from the family for work. He tolerates my Disney obsession but has started to look forward to our trips to the World

You sort of got some of the things right about my kids but Danica is a 2 year old GIRL and Liam is 4 (got that autism thing right ;) )

When are we going? Thursday, April 19th - Sunday, April 28th!

I hope you get my flight information, car rental and resorts and ADRs correct when you post those. :teacher:

PS to everyone on the DIS -- Amy and I are friends in real life and yes we have a lot in common :lovestruc

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

:welcome: I was hoping you would jump in!

:yay::yay: for starting the PTR, can't wait to read your plans

And :rotfl2: Heidi, I didn't realize your two dates until Heidi put them up like that. How fun

When we (read “I”) originally planned this trip, we planned to spend three days at DH’s brother, Jeff’s house. We usually visit with them for a few days before heading to Orlando. We did this in February & November. February was a nice visit but November wasn’t so much. Jeff’s girlfriend is in the middle of a very intense school program to become a nurse practitioner. We didn’t see very much of her and since she isn’t working as an RN right now, Jeff has been working more, so he had to work some while we were there. Since Karen won’t be done with her program until June, we decided to skip our visit with them this time around. But we’d already booked our airfare for three extra days!! So that left us with three extra days!!

The first things that were booked for this trip were our off-site timeshare villa, Sheraton Vistana Villages and our airfare on Southwest. Expecting to visit Jeff & Karen, we booked our flight on 4/19 into Tampa. It also happened to be cheaper so we might have booked into Tampa even if we’d known we weren’t going to visit with them... but we probably would have waited to fly down until the weekend, rather than Thursday. I'm so happy we didn't do that! (But more on that later.) We have an early flight on the 19th, arriving in Tampa at 10:30. Our flight home on the 29th is earlier than we'd like, but the only other option for a direct flight was really late. We're flying home out of Orlando & our flight leaves at 9am. :headache: That will get us back into NH around noon.

We are booked at Vistana Villages from Sunday, 4/22 – Sunday, 4/29 in a 2 bedroom villa. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort (which is a little closer to Disney) on our last two trips and liked it very much. Sheraton Vistana Villages became available first, so we decided to give that a try this time.

Once we decided not to visit Jeff & Karen, we needed to find accommodations for Thursday, 4/19 – Sunday 4/22. More on that next time!

Here are some pictures of Sheraton Vistana Villages.
77a040a1.jpg

377a555d.jpg

6bda9c97.jpg

e9101b2a.jpg

6e2ed4ab.jpg

f772df1b.jpg

48cb901d.jpg

58d2311a.jpg

There are four different sections & the villas are all decorated differently, but here are some pictures I found from various sections:
9c0566fd.jpg

46eb8649.jpg

302a8687.jpg

Up next: Our plans for the other three days.

That resort looks fabulous. My IL's have stayed at the one closer to Disney a couple of times but never at the Villages. From the pictures it looks great.

I just found your Pre-Trip report. Heidi got me laughing :)
My friend and I had planned to go to WDW in February 2013. We have now changed that to 7th April 2013. I'm really looking forward to reading your plans and in a few months be reading your trip report :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter