Item of value found at Wilderness Lodge

Disfamily0405

Mouseketeer
While staying at the Wilderness Lodge on the Third floor across the hall from the ice machine I found an item of value on the floor. If you lost something before September 20th and think it might be yours PM me with a description of the item (include any identifying marks, serial numbers, or inscriptions), if its yours I will have it shipped to you.

I don't like being this vague but I also don't want to give someone's possibly very sentimental item to anyone who happens to say "OH! yeah I lost my "insert my exact description of the item" thank you for finding it!" I have never found anything of real value on the ground before and am trying my best to get it back to its owner.

Mods if this post is better suited somewhere else please let me know and I will post it there.

Thanks so much :)

You took the item home rather than handing it in to the front desk? If I lost something at the WL, I'd be checking with the front desk not a Disney website. What are the odds that the person who lost it is on this message board?

Since you say it was lost before 20-September, I'm assuming you are no longer at WDW.

Disfamily0405 said:
While staying at the Wilderness Lodge on the Third floor across the hall from the ice machine I found an item of value on the floor. If you lost something before September 20th and think it might be yours PM me with a description of the item (include any identifying marks, serial numbers, or inscriptions), if its yours I will have it shipped to you.

I don't like being this vague but I also don't want to give someone's possibly very sentimental item to anyone who happens to say "OH! yeah I lost my "insert my exact description of the item" thank you for finding it!" I have never found anything of real value on the ground before and am trying my best to get it back to its owner.

Mods if this post is better suited somewhere else please let me know and I will post it there.

Sorry, the rule....

Op, great job here. I would also suggest you call customer service at Wilderness Lodge and leave a detailed description to them. Usually that will be the first place people check.

Sorry, the rule....

Sorry, I'm new. Was I supposed to quote the post when I posted? I assumed that people could scroll up and read the first post (actually I assumed that they'd have read that post first).

Sorry, I'm new. Was I supposed to quote the post when I posted? I assumed that people could scroll up and read the first post (actually I assumed that they'd have read that post first).

Posts (especially controversial ones) tend to be deleted by the OP once in a while. We quote it so there's a record.

I hope I am misunderstanding you. Are you saying you took a valuable item home, rather than turning it into the front desk? It's entirely possible some poor person is missing this item, and asked at the desk repeatedly. The chances they will "catch" a random post on the community board? Not good at all.

Why would you choose to take the item home?
Were you afraid the hard working desk CM's aren't honest? :rolleyes: If that was the case, you could have requested to talk to a manager.

Did you consider you are making yourself look questionable in this? Someone who truly lost something, now has to trust a stranger...give them their name, address, city and state. Maybe the stranger has an item, maybe they are fishing for information. Not accusing you, just saying what any person who found themselves in this needlessly complicated situation would think.:sad2:

No... The rule is quote the first post so that if the OP deletes it, it's still there.

Why would you take it home? How rude. People aren't going to look on the dis. They are going to check at Disney!

Why didn't you turn it in at the hotel? If I lost something at the WL I would be calling there asking if they found it. Never in a million years would I think to check here to see if someone found it. And considering most WDW aren't members here the chances of them seeing this is really slim.

I guess you lucked out and get to keep something valuable. :thumbsup2

Why didn't you turn it in at the front desk? If I lost something I would be calling Lost and Found rather than checking a message board. The chances are very slim that the person who lost it would be reading here. But if it important to them, I bet they have already checked at Lost and Found. Trust me on this as I worked Lost and Found at Universal Studios. If you had turned it in to the front desk, they would've made sure it was at Lost and Found by the next day.

No you're not. You didn't turn it in at the hotel and then you waited 3 weeks to post a thread about it.

If I were you, I'd mail it (insured) back to Wilderness Lodge and explain that you found it and make sure to tell them the dates you were there, the date you found it, location and even an approximate time.

I would think if someone lost some of sentimental value, as you put it, they will call the hotel and not troll various message boards hoping somebody is looking for them to return it. :rolleyes:

1. Why would you take it home with you?
2. Why are you just now posting about it if it happened nearly a month ago?
3. Did you get it appraised and decide it wasn't worth keeping?
4. Again, why would you take it home with you????

Very strange. :confused3

I would find out who to mail it to at the resort so the owner at least has a small chance of getting it back. You basically stole it. Send it back. It doesn't belong to you, and the odds of the owner being on this site are slim to none. Besides, if they were on this site, they probably would have started a thread about it. :laughing:

Posts (especially controversial ones) tend to be deleted by the OP once in a while. We quote it so there's a record.

Ahh...thanks. And thanks to the others who also explained.

Happy to see that most everyone agreed with my thoughts that it should have been turned into the front desk.

If I were you, I'd mail it (insured) back to Wilderness Lodge and explain that you found it and make sure to tell them the dates you were there, the date you found it, location and even an approximate time.

I would think if someone lost some of sentimental value, as you put it, they will call the hotel and not troll various message boards hoping somebody is looking for them to return it. :rolleyes:

I think it's a very poor idea to just up and mail this to the WL at this late date. If OP is serious about returning this item, they should call Disney now and ask to speak to guest services. They need to alert Disney to the situation, and let Disney tell OP exactly what Disney address they should use to mail this item. Guest services would be able to alert WL, and the item will end end up (in the meantime) at Disney's Lost and Found.

The odds of the item's owner reporting the item missing to the WL staff: probably 100%

The odds of the item's owner checking an internet forum to see if a fellow guest had found the item: probably 0%

You definitely made the wrong choice, and I'm baffled by it. Even children understand the concept of turning in found items...not taking them home. :confused3

I think it's a very poor idea to mail this to the WL at this late date. If OP is serious about returning this item, they should call Disney now and ask to speak to guest services. They need to alert Disney to the situation, and let Disney tell them who and where to mail this item. Guest services would be able to alert WL, and the item will end end up (in the meantime) at Disney's Lost and Found.
Sorry I would want to go through Disney than count on someone who stole the item to send it.

I wouldn't want the op to have my info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter