Item of value found at Wilderness Lodge

I think it's a very poor idea to mail this to the WL at this late date. If OP is serious about returning this item, they should call Disney now and ask to speak to guest services. They need to alert Disney to the situation, and let Disney tell them who and where to mail this item. Guest services would be able to alert WL, and the item will end end up (in the meantime) at Disney's Lost and Found.

Why? If someone called the Wilderness Lodge looking for it, or went to the front desk asking about it, they will have a record of it. It could have been an employees as well. I'd rather go straight to the source instead of relying on GS advice when, for all we know, could be someone working phones in Kentucky.

Sorry I would want to go through Disney than count on someone who stole the item to send it.

I wouldn't want the op to have my info

I just edited my post that you quoted, I must not have been clear. I want OP to contact WDW guest services today. WDW guest services will give OP a DISNEY address to mail this item to. And probably a CM's name that they can put on the first line, ATTENTION TO:__________

Basically this item was "lifted" from a resort. No, the OP should not be given any person info of the poor person who had this item taken.

While staying at the Wilderness Lodge on the Third floor across the hall from the ice machine I found an item of value on the floor. If you lost something before September 20th and think it might be yours PM me with a description of the item (include any identifying marks, serial numbers, or inscriptions), if its yours I will have it shipped to you.

I don't like being this vague but I also don't want to give someone's possibly very sentimental item to anyone who happens to say "OH! yeah I lost my "insert my exact description of the item" thank you for finding it!" I have never found anything of real value on the ground before and am trying my best to get it back to its owner.

Mods if this post is better suited somewhere else please let me know and I will post it there.

Thanks so much :)

V8EUGkh.gif

I just edited my post that you quoted, I must not have been clear. I want OP to contact WDW guest services today. WDW guest services will give OP a DISNEY address to mail this item to. And probably a CM's name that they can put on the first line, ATTENTION TO:__________ Basically this item was "lifted" from a resort. No, the OP should not be given any person info of the poor person who had this item taken.

Sorry about my misunderstanding!

Why would you take it home? How rude. People aren't going to look on the dis. They are going to check at Disney!

If I were cynical, which of course I am not, I would think one would take the item home and post about it on a message board that the owner of said item almost certainly wouldn't check so you don't feel bad about keeping the item. Now, that would be stealing and I am not one to accuse anyone of stealing so I'm sure that isn't why the OP did it at all.

OP, if you really want the owner of the item to find it FedEx it back to Wilderness Lodge with the date and location of where you found it and it will have a much better chance of getting back to it's rightful owner.

I just edited my post that you quoted, I must not have been clear. I want OP to contact WDW guest services today. WDW guest services will give OP a DISNEY address to mail this item to. And probably a CM's name that they can put on the first line, ATTENTION TO:__________

Basically this item was "lifted" from a resort. No, the OP should not be given any person info of the poor person who had this item taken.

Now that you've clarified, I think your suggestion is perfect.

While staying at the Wilderness Lodge on the Third floor across the hall from the ice machine I found an item of value on the floor. If you lost something before September 20th and think it might be yours PM me with a description of the item (include any identifying marks, serial numbers, or inscriptions), if its yours I will have it shipped to you.

I don't like being this vague but I also don't want to give someone's possibly very sentimental item to anyone who happens to say "OH! yeah I lost my "insert my exact description of the item" thank you for finding it!" I have never found anything of real value on the ground before and am trying my best to get it back to its owner.

Mods if this post is better suited somewhere else please let me know and I will post it there.

Thanks so much :)

How could you take something home that wasn't yours? Disney has a system in place for handling lost and found items.

And it has taken you three weeks to post?

Something seems fishy about this.

Again, why did you keep it? Last year DH and I found a very expensive Seiko Mickey Mouse watch left in the safe in our room. I immediately brought it to the front desk - they know the name of the person who was in the room before us and can get it back to them.

I think you should contact the resort and send it back to them, odds are they can reunited the owner with the lost item.

Add me to the pile on. Why on earth would you bring it home with instead of immediately turning it in to management at the front desk?

Do you honestly believe that of the millions of people who visit Disney, all of them know about, let alone read, the Dis?

I hope whatever it is wasn't too sentimental or valuable to the owner. :sad2:

I cannot even fathom how somebody would think holding onto a valuable item, bringing it home with them and then posting on a message board 3 weeks later would be the better choice over turning it over to a CM on the day it was found. The owner would have checked with Hotel Personnal or WDW Lost and Found as soon as they noticed it was gone. The likelyhood of them trolling message boards 3 weeks later looking for their lost item is nil. @@

I could see turning it into the WL lost and found and then posting on a Disney Message board saying, "hey if anyone lost XX on these dates I found it and turned it into the WL" but not taking it home and then posting 3 weeks later.

I agree with everyone else. Just can't understand why you didn't simply turn it in at the front desk. That's what most people would do, and what I would have done as well. Seems odd you would bring the item home with you and then wait so long to post about it. Not sure you're really trying to "return" the item at all. :sad2:

DH and I were at Mill Creek (huge campground) in Mackinaw City in August, and we found a man's wallet on the ground when we went for a walk. We immediately turned around and headed up to the front check-in and turned the wallet in, which was the right thing to do. Hopefully they were able to get it back to its rightful owner.

First unanimous post replies I've ever seen. You never should have brought the item home, but hopefully you can still right your wrong by sending it back to Guest Services. Hopefully this delay has not caused the original owner any hardship.

I'm glad everyone agrees, because I've seen posts like this on other boards where there's always one or two who think they are better at handling it than the system is. Seriously OP? That's why lost and found exists and from everything I've read about WDW L&F, they are fabulous.

Oh, that was mine. I don't want to talk about it publically, but let's just say you can keep it and just mail me a check made out to CASH for the value of the item.

So, that would be $1 billion dollars, please.

:thumbsup2

I'm glad everyone agrees, because I've seen posts like this on other boards where there's always one or two who think they are better at handling it than the system is. Seriously OP? That's why lost and found exists and from everything I've read about WDW L&F, they are fabulous.

I agree! I had a really cheap plastic watch we used to use at the pool, I kept it on my pool bag (before I had a cell phone to tell time). It actually came free with some socks we bought for the trip. We lost it and I thought "what the heck" I'll notify lost and found. I was shocked when a package came to my door a couple of weeks later and the watch was inside.

I agree with everyone else. Just can't understand why you didn't simply turn it in at the front desk. That's what most people would do, and what I would have done as well. Seems odd you would bring the item home with you and then wait so long to post about it. Not sure you're really trying to "return" the item at all. :sad2:

DH and I were at Mill Creek (huge campground) in Mackinaw City in August, and we found a man's wallet on the ground when we went for a walk. We immediately turned around and headed up to the front check-in and turned the wallet in, which was the right thing to do. Hopefully they were able to get it back to its rightful owner.

I once left a camera on a bench at the Chattanooga Visitor Center. I didn't realized it until I got home. It would never come to my mind to check a "Chattanooga City Forum".

I called the visitor center, some good Samaritan had turned it in, I mailed a pre-paid label to the visitor center and they mailed the camera back to me.

Oh, that was mine. I don't want to talk about it publically, but let's just say you can keep it and just mail me a check made out to CASH for the value of the item.

So, that would be $1 billion dollars, please.

:thumbsup2

Just be wary if she offers to fly you out and get you are car so you can go retrieve it in person. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter