Items you are surprised by the price of?

Cell phones. I can buy a Samsung Smartphone at Target for $59, or another model Samsung Smartphone at Target for $600. Do you get more for $600? No doubt. Do you get $540 more? I have a hard time believing it costs Samsung even $100 more to make that fancier phone.

The most surprising for me are the prices I see other people say they're paying for things like eggs, milk, gas and such. It's always way over what I'm paying so I guess I should be glad to be in a flyover state in the middle of nowhere.
I feel the same but opposite. People talking about gas being close to $3.00. I just filled up yesterday and paid just over $4.00.

Cell phones. I can buy a Samsung Smartphone at Target for $59, or another model Samsung Smartphone at Target for $600. Do you get more for $600? No doubt. Do you get $540 more? I have a hard time believing it costs Samsung even $100 more to make that fancier phone.

What company prices their products based on the cost to produce them?

What company prices their products based on the cost to produce them?
True. Just read Ford is no longer going to offer "self parking" even as an option. Costs them $60, they charge $355 for it. Apparently, nobody uses it!

Cereal here is averaging $5-6 a box and it's $4.29ish on "sale."
A 2L soda is $3.29 on sale.

same here, but they were on sale this week for buy 2/get 3 free
They were on sale for that here as well. We normally buy a 36 can pack from BJs. It works for us but when we were visiting my father I had to give in and buy just one. My stepmother would have flipped if I left them with 4 12 packs

TRUE! i can't believe how much they've gone up.

soda in general-12 packs of coke products are running $9.99 here :faint:
12 pack of Coke products is $7.84 here. 24 pack is $13.88
I just wish people would use the auto headlights function. Should be the default and very difficult to change.
It is the default on my wife's Camry.

Chips…. Absolutely ridiculous

My store (Kroger) usually has them on sale for a reasonable price if you buy at least 4 bags. I buy that many and then “hide” bags back so the boys won’t eat them all in one week.

Orange juice has also gotten very expensive.

Chips…. Absolutely ridiculous
Yeah - the price is mindboggling. And of course the amount in the package has gone down.
Pringles are even smaller size in the same can and there are less chips..

No longer worth it.
We bought a hot air popper at Kohls for $10 and just make popcorn now, put various toppings and seasoning on it and done.

What really boggles my mind - a bag of Lays potato chips that costs about $5 here was 2 Euro in Portugal at a convenient store in a tourist area. So that's about $2.20.
I get there are other factors at play , but just seemed crazy to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter