Items you wished were provided

jmjousley

Mouseketeer
What are some items you wished came standard in the kitchens? For example, there is always sweetener packets there, but I wished there would be the little salt and pepper packets. I always have to pack a salt and pepper shaker when we go.

Sharon

We had a great electric griddle at the condo we rented this summer in the white mts. It was great for making breakfast for our crew. I remember saying I wish they had these at DVC!

When OKW was new we were given the plastic disposable salt and pepper shakers...used to be about a dollar to buy. They went the way the peach towels did.

They used to have little salt and pepper shakers, like the disposable ones in picnic baskets. But I sure don't remember seeing them lately.

I wish that they had a good no-stick fry pan.

We always pick up the salt and pepper packets from a quick service counter at one of the parks. You can do the same for the sweetner when you dine at one of the restaurants. Coffee filters are the item we bring which would be nice if they were there. Micro wave popcorn would be nice as well.popcorn::

People walked off with the salt and pepper shakers. And the placement and coasters.

I wish they provided a dishcloth to wipe counters, table, etc. A crockpot would be nice also, even if you had to request one from housekeeping. We always have to call for potholders as they never seem to be in the room.

What are some items you wished came standard in the kitchens? For example, there is always sweetener packets there, but I wished there would be the little salt and pepper packets. I always have to pack a salt and pepper shaker when we go.

Sharon

My daughter has condos in Gulf Shores AL and she supplies her condos with all kitchen dishes and pots and pans dish towels/ salt pepper/ electric grilll etc.:thumbsup2she leaves Tide and bleach in the laundry area and the #1 rule is "if you run out of dish soap or laundry products please replace" Most do this as they will return some day:banana:. But she has some who take anything not nailed down :sad1:. She has had some take the lamps and all the bed sheets?:confused3 To have palm trees on my sheets for a week would be fine BUT to take them home with me? It is few who do this but those few over the year ups the cost for every one the following season. :upsidedow

I wish the tea kettle were always there instead of having to request one from Housekeeping.

I'll usually pick up packets at the resort shop when we are there for our other "sundries....and such". :thumbsup2

When OKW was new we were given the plastic disposable salt and pepper shakers...used to be about a dollar to buy. They went the way the peach towels did.

Yes, and the placemats and cloth napkins went with them! I too think the salt and pepper would be nice. I HATE having to either bring them or store them in our OL. At least it's easier to put them in the OL, but when we had to bring them in a suitcase, the little locking things on top never really worked, and I always had salt and pepper in the zip lock.

If we drive we will bring our crockpot so it would be nice to have there, also a blender would be great, we did ask once and they were able to bring one to us.

I think along with coffee it would be nice if they had a couple packets of cocoa. This is a family resort after all how about something for the kids!

Popcorn too!popcorn:: A lot of placed do both of these.

I like the crockpot idea. Then I wouldn't have to think of inventive ways to pack it without it breaking or worrying about the amount of weight it adds to the luggage.

I woud love to be able to check out pool noodles where we get the life vests.

Denise in MI

Sharon

Yep -- totally agree. S&P are more important that sweetener for me!

And a milder, better coffee would be nice (I like strong coffee, but the stuff in DVC units is tough to take) for the starter "kit."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter