Itinerary for first trip with grandparents

Thank you everyone for your tips! It’s looking like my in laws don’t want to go anymore. They think it’s too much walking and don’t want to rent scooters. So it’ll just be one set of grandparents so I think that’ll make things easier. Have Boardwalk Villas booked in a one bedroom villa. Upside is I can add my parents to the room with no additional charges for adults so I don’t have to worry if they don’t want to stay at that hotel and can still go to the pool with us. My parents haven’t booked their hotel yet so not sure where they want to stay. We will be there a week and my mom thinks it’ll be easier if they only go for a couple days of that instead of the whole time.
Everyone does need to stay onsite for LLIA$ bookings together (onsite guests can book at 7 am; offsite book at park opening).

Also, APs have issues with booking Genie+ if other people in the party booked it for length of stay.

Last edited:
Everyone does need to stay onsite for LLIA$ bookings together (onsite guests can book at 7 am; offsite book at park opening).

Also, APs have issues with booking Genie+ if other people in the party booked it for length of stay.
If I add my parents to my reservation they’ll be on site guests even if they end up staying off site so that won’t be an issue. Good to know about the glitch with AP and regular tickets. If they buy their genie plus day of will that eliminate that issue?

If I add my parents to my reservation they’ll be on site guests even if they end up staying off site so that won’t be an issue. Good to know about the glitch with AP and regular tickets. If they buy their genie plus day of will that eliminate that issue?
I’m don’t know the details regarding AP as we are not AP holders. I just read it on the everything genie thread.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

The solution was to purchase each day

https://www.disboards.com/threads/genie-plus-bug.3879865/

I’m at a loss on how to plan my first trip for grandparents and would love to hear how others organized their days. We are going for a week, both sets of grandparents are coming but it’s undetermined if they’ll overlap, go for the whole time or just a few days and don’t like to plan lol.

So I’d love to hear what grandparents liked for rides, dining. Things that made a first and potentially only trip to Disney with their granddaughter. Neither set of grandparents is a huge Disney fan and I’m not sure about my in laws but it’s been about 15 years since my parents went into the parks.
I’m new to the these boards and you’ve probably had this trip already but I still wanted to add my 2cents. Not sure how old your children are but when we went with grandparents they enjoyed anything that the kids enjoyed. Just seeing the smiles on the kids faces was enough for them. We found character meet and greets especially good for this and good pictures.

I’m new to the these boards and you’ve probably had this trip already but I still wanted to add my 2cents. Not sure how old your children are but when we went with grandparents they enjoyed anything that the kids enjoyed. Just seeing the smiles on the kids faces was enough for them. We found character meet and greets especially good for this and good pictures.
Thanks! I did have the trip and it was really great! We are actually about to have a second trip with them since the first one went so well. Thank you for the advice!

So my parents would out walk us, they casually do 20 mile walks all the time lol. My in laws will need either a scooter or wheelchair they have mobility issues. Although they don’t really want to use either of these things which could get complicated.

I’m trying to figure out if it’ll be better to have them join us at different points of our trip or on the same days. I’m thinking meet up times would be good. Would let everyone go at their own pace.

Food prices can definitely be a shocker I remember getting quick service food for 4 people and it was around $100 and we didn’t even get all that much it was crazy.

The focus of the grandparents is the baby so they don’t really have must do rides or anything. I think they’d all prefer a cruise over the parks lol. But I think a cruise needs to wait since she wouldn’t be able to swim in the pools and can at the resorts.
I think it would be hard to be there with both sets of grandparents if one set are walkers and the other are in scooters. IMO that could lead to a weird dynamic or maybe I'm over thinking it. You might be happier overall to split it up, and go at a slower pace with the set of grandparents in scooters. We're traveling with both sets, but both are very mobile and also on the younger side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter