• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Itinerary help:)

aprila

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if any of you who have been to Disneyland and done everything if you would be willing to tell me when you would do these things if I list them or what you think would be best. I would like to see what would work the smoothest.

So far we are planning to do the younger age rides in the morning early then head over to CA when DL starts getting really crowded. We will go back to hotel for lunch, nap/rest, pool, and maybe a show like Playhouse Disney, then go to dinner, some shopping and take kids back to hotel for the night (my youngest are 7, 4, 2) after they go to sleep or are ready to my dh and I are going to alternate the 4 nights taking my oldest 3 (13, 12, 10) back to DL for some rides and/or fantasmic or fireworks. I am hoping we can actually get this to work:) How does this sound?

We have 4 day park hopper tickets and our 1st day is Tuesday the 19th. We have one EE day and one Mickey's Toontown madness with our Disney Travel package. These are the things we want to do at least once (not looking to do over and over just want to make sure we get to once). I know there are probably more but these are the ones that really stick out in my mind. Thank you so much!!! :flower3:

Autotopia
Indiana Jones
Haunted Mansion
Splash Mountain
Electrical Parade
Fantasmic
Fireworks
Playhouse Disney
Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
Pirates of The Caribbean (sp?)
Soarin'
Carousel
Casey's Circus Train

There are many great rides not on your list, but with 4 days, you should be able to hit most, if not all of them.

You might spend the first day following your basic plan to get yourselves comfortable with the park. I definitely think starting the day in DL and moving over the DCA later is a good idea. But, you may not wish to wait for evening to ride some of the bigger DL rides (Splash, Space Mtn, Indiana Jones, etc.). You may find you want to split up in the morning some days when the lines for all rides are relatively short. You can keep in touch with cell phones or family radios (although, don't be surprised to if you have trouble getting a channel without others on it). It's very likely that your 7 year old will enjoy these rides; the 4 year old might be able to do some too. Most of these have FastPasses, so that will help. (Read up on FastPass before you go).

The little ones will love the parades, especially the ELP. My DS was 20 months the first time he saw it, and was enthralled with it. So I'd pick at least one evening with the whole group. Fantasmic can be a little intense for some little ones.

Don't miss Buzz Lightyear. It's a kick for all ages. Aladdin, at DCA, is a great show that all will enjoy.

The lines get the longest for the popular slow flow rides like Peter Pan and Dumbo, and the "E" rides mentioned above. These should be done as early as possible. With your EE, you will be able to do most of the Fantasyland rides fast, and still head over to Splash, Indie, and Big Thunder Mountain as soon as the rest of the park opens. I could go on, but I'll give others a chance to contribute their thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter