itinerary planning

ok ! here goes:
I am trying to finalize out May 2018 trip itinerary so I can then plan FPP. I would love any feedback and tips. We have not been since September of 2015 and will not be back for a few years so we are trying to do everything we can to make this trip special. We are staying GL at Poly and debating getting the extra FPP which would also change our plans. HELP!
RpS_w00t.gif

Who: Me, DH, DD 11, DS 9, DD 6 - big star wars fans, thrill rides, and they all LOVE the disney Classics (IASW, CoP, Figment, etc) - basically we want to see it all and we love it ALL
IMPORTANT: we would do less Epcot time but DD11 is obsessed with the WS and would be so sad to only have one evening there and she won't skip American Adventure - yes, I've raised them right
RpS_laugh.gif

When: May 18-26
Where: Poly Club Level

We plan to take afternoon break most days....depending on how kids are doing

Renting a car at MCO

Fri 5/18
Land 11:15am from Birmingham - Short flight, starting fresh and won't be tired from traveling
Check in Poly
Boat to MK, rides until 5pm
Boat to FW
6:15pm HDDR

Sat 5/19
H&V to sign up for JTA
12:30pm - 50s prime time
5:30pm - Ohana OR Brown Derby???
8pm - SWGS Dessert Party

Sun 5/20
Early Morning Magic at MK
Break
Kona or Ohana
Dessert Party OR CL FPP with FW viewing

Mon 5/21
AK (CL FPP and ROL viewing??)
Tusker brunch
Jiko
ROL and Avatar at night - Is this worth an evening? I've read mixed reviews on ROL

Tues 5/22
PPO BOG or CRT breakfast
Break
EP dinner

Wed 5/23
EP
Garden Grill PPO
Long break
DH and DD11 (a foodie) Victoria and Albert Dinner
Me, DS9 and DD 6 Pirates League and BOG or CRT dinner - can't decide which to do for breakfast and which for dinner
MK Evening EMH - currently scheduled until midnight - Is there a chance this will be later? If not is it worth it or will still be super crowded? kids have never been old enough for an evening EMH and would love to do it but not if we just stand in line all night with no FPP

Thurs 5/24
This is where i get stuck because if we do evening EMH we will have a low key morning and maybe do 1900 PF late brunch and then swim and rest. go back to DHS for Fantastic and a few rides.
OR if we don't do late night MK we can do another full mk day with a break and then dhs at night....
Opinions?

Fri 5/25
EP
Akershus PPO
CL FPP
break
Teppan Dinner
Illuminations

Sat 5/26
MK AM
Lunch at BOG or ???
Parade
Leave for airport at 4pm

Thanks anyone who has time to pitch in!!

To answer what questions you have, I have never seen RoL, so I can't help there.

HBD or 'Ohana? I would say HBD, but you have three huge meals that day plus a dessert party. I'd rethink that whole day's dining plans.

Thursday 5/24-- make that a lazy day and just hit a park at night. Enjoy your resort.

My general advice, looking at your plan, is that you have plenty of park days, and possibly the addition of extra CL FP. You won't have trouble fitting in what you want for park time and attractions. Personally, I think that's a lot of ADRs, dessert parties, Pirates' League, etc. I'd cut some of those out. It's also five early mornings. I'd cut out at least one or two of those. You're really scheduled. If I were staying CL at the Poly, I'd want some time to enjoy the benefits of club level and the resort. I'd want to spend at least a few nights enjoying an adult beverage while watching the fireworks from the lounge.

You already have all of these ADRs? Several Ohana, BOGs and CRTs? How’d you manage that? I had a heck of a time getting one of each during a 2 week stay...you’re very lucky

Sat 5/19
H&V to sign up for JTA
8pm - SWGS Dessert Party

Well, 'Ohana isn't really a great option in that time frame, but are you sure you want to have a huge table service meal right before the dessert party? I wouldn't.

Sun 5/20
Break
Kona or Ohana
Again, I wouldn't do a large meal right before a dessert party.

Tues 5/22
PPO BOG or CRT breakfast
Break
EP dinner
What is your goal for the PPO breakfast?

As a general note, in my opinion you've got way too many ADRs. I can't imagine doing more than one table service meal per day. It's just too much food and too much time. I know everyone is different, but my family would be miserable.

I hear all the feedback on the ADRs. The thought process behind them
Is that it will be hot in May and allow us a break from the heat and dh prefers the TS menus to QS - he is mostly paleo and kind of a food snob. I think
I will drop any tS before swgs. You are right - 3 In a day is too much. Any opinions on ROL and pandora at night vs evening at resort? Is half day at AK enough if we secure fop fpp?
My kids desperately want to eat in the castle so that’s what the breakfast is for. Also I hate the idea of 1 billion people pushing each other in front of the castle. We will be in
FL so plan to
Spend the morning there and then hit some fpp. OR we can EMM again? I’m overthinking everything! Thank
You everyone!

Last question - any
Experience with mk evening emh. Worth losing sleep or no?

Since you are staying club level, you have the option to buy the 3 extra fast passes for a minimum of 3 days on your trip. It also includes reserved seating for the nighttime entertainment, so you might not have to do so many dessert parties. It is $50 per day per person. I wouldn’t do O’Hana on your studios day. It would take too much time to leave and come back and the reservations there tend to run late since they quite often don’t sit you on time.

Sat 5/19
H&V to sign up for JTA
8pm - SWGS Dessert Party

I think you have a LOT of food on this day. I'd suggest skipping the dinner ADR entirely and having quick service or something light before the party.

Sun 5/20
Break
Kona or Ohana

Again, same comment. A full dinner before the dessert party is a TON of food, and you're not likely to really enjoy the dessert element of the party on the heels of an AYCE meal like Ohana. Kona would be better, because you could order light (I love their wings or sushi as a meal on their own!) and skip dessert, but you wouldn't want to skip dessert at Ohana because it is the best part of the meal.

Wed 5/23
EP
Garden Grill PPO
Long break
DH and DD11 (a foodie) Victoria and Albert Dinner
Me, DS9 and DD 6 Pirates League and BOG or CRT dinner - can't decide which to do for breakfast and which for dinner
MK Evening EMH - currently scheduled until midnight - Is there a chance this will be later? If not is it worth it or will still be super crowded? kids have never been old enough for an evening EMH and would love to do it but not if we just stand in line all night with no FPP

Personally, I'd go with BoG breakfast and CRT dinner because BoG PPO gives you a better head start on the morning rides.

Odds are the park hours will be extended, but you might not know until a week or two before your dates. I think it was just last week that our March dates were updated and we leave in 10 days. Either way, I wouldn't expect the parks to be super-crowded that late.

Thurs 5/24
This is where i get stuck because if we do evening EMH we will have a low key morning and maybe do 1900 PF late brunch and then swim and rest. go back to DHS for Fantastic and a few rides.
OR if we don't do late night MK we can do another full mk day with a break and then dhs at night....
Opinions?

Since you're staying at the Poly, I like the idea of a free morning to enjoy the resort. That's the only resort we've stayed at where *I* actually wanted more time to just hang out, and the kids absolutely loved the pool and splash pad.

Sat 5/26
MK AM
Lunch at BOG or ???
Parade
Leave for airport at 4pm

This might also be a good time for some resort time. Unless you plan on leaving time to swim during some of your afternoon breaks, I think you're going to find the kids are asking to spend more time in that really cool pool even if it does mean less time in the parks. And with one of Disney's best breakfasts right there at Kona, it would make for a laid-back way to spend your travel day.

You already have all of these ADRs? Several Ohana, BOGs and CRTs? How’d you manage that? I had a heck of a time getting one of each during a 2 week stay...you’re very lucky

I had the same question. OP you have these all booked? Like CRT and BOG both at breakfast and dinner? If you do, tell me your secrets! I guess BOG breakfast wouldn't be too tough. I'm still thinking on this...

Just throwing this out there.. but we frequently do 2-3 TS meals a day and have no issues getting everything done that we want to do. That being said, we are a family of 4 adults (my parents and my sister and I who are both 23). We love the food at Disney and it is part of the reason why we go so often. You have a lot of park days, so I don't think you will miss out on anything by sitting at several TS meals. Although I do think H&V, 50's PT and 'Ohana/HBD and the Star Wars DP is too much food in one day.

The SW DP has a lot of savory food items and alcoholic drinks. I was upset that I was too full to really enjoy it the first time we did it. I don't have a problem eating a full meal before the MK DP though.. the desserts aren't that great and we do it for the view mostly anyway.

Ok - no dinner adr on HS day sounds like a plan! If dh wants to sit at brown derby can’t we just go to the lounge for appetizers?

We will definitely be swimming during those breaks! Nobody worry! I am just stuck with evenings because we love hanging out at poly and watching FW there but with 5 nighttime shows now it’s sohard to do. We are definitely meh on illuminations so that’s something we may skip. Sigh. I guess after how busy it was in January (we went for a few days with one child for her bday - others haven’t been in 2 years) I am concerned we won’t get to do as much as we would like. It was very very crowded so I am thinking it will be even worse in May!

It may or may not be crowded in May. January crowds were unexpected and may not necessarily mean that the rest of the year will be crazy. What’s true though is that the parks are much more crowded than they were a few years ago. The problem with so many TS is that you are cutting into park time. Which is fine if that’s your priority but if you are concerned about getting everything you want done AND sitting down for 2-3 meals a day, you may only get one accomplished. Do you have all these ADRs already?

BOG or CRT for dinner on 5/23??? Please tell us how you managed to have the luxury of choosing between these two very popular restaurants when your ADRs would’ve had to have been booked months ago! Would love to know your secrets...

BOG or CRT for dinner on 5/23??? Please tell us how you managed to have the luxury of choosing between these two very popular restaurants when your ADRs would’ve had to have been booked months ago! Would love to know your secrets...
OP also apparently has BOG for breakfast, lunch and dinner, an ADR for CRT breakfast and dinner, 2 Ohana dinners...multiples of the 3 hardest ADRs to get...

I get the feeling that the OP doesn't have the ADRs yet. I think they're just plans.

But, yeah, some of those ADRs will be impossible to get at 3 months out.

eeekkk- i have 2 CRT and was hoping to cancel one and keep trying for a BOG. obviously I know it may not happen. I do have the HEA party booked but will cancel if we do extra CL FPP....ok...less meals...back to the drawing board

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter