Itinerary review for day trip visit

hllb

DIS Veteran
My 17 yr old daughter and I are taking a trip to Paris in June. One of our possible excursions would be a day trip to Disneyland. We love roller coasters and will skip most of the classic rides like Peter Pan and Small World. Open to any and all tips. I want to hit as much as possible, but not sure if I want to pay for the premier pass (though I could do individual ride payments, but saw a rumor today they're going to do a blanket one for 90 euros? That seems really high).

I am thinking of going on Wednesday, June 8th. We arrive on the 6th in Paris. Hopefully this won't be too busy of a day.

In Studios, this is what I've picked out, and some notes:
Walt Disney StudiosNotes
Ratatouille: The AdventureFlagship ride
Crush’s CoasterFun, but long lines
CineMagiqueApparently great tram tour with special effects
RC RacerFun ride
Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster Starring AerosmithLike the one in WDW, but do it if you have time

RNR is a favorite at WDW, so if we would have time, we'd ride that one, but want to focus on things we haven't done before or that are different than WDW.

In Disneyland:
DisneylandNotes
Pirates of the CaribbeanDifferent than WDW's
Big Thunder Mountain RailroadBetter than WDW's
Hyperspace MountainStar Wars themed space mountain but a rough ride
Phantom Manor"Must do" but the story is in French
La Tanière du DragonThe dragon under the castle. Just a walk by if you have time
La Galerie de la Belle au Bois DormantWalkthrough of the castle; apparently cool stuff inside
Star Tours: The Adventures ContinueSimilar to WDW's
Les Mystères du NautilusWalk through of 20,000 leagues under the sea
Buzz Lightyear Laser BlastBetter than WDW's
Indiana Jones et le Temple du PérilShort coaster, but skippable if no time
Le Passage Enchanté d’AladdinQuick walk through if you have time
Alice’s Curious LabyrinthGood place to waste time with pretty views

I suppose the thing I'm having trouble with is how long to spend at studios before switching parks. Or should we start in Disneyland? We don't really care about food so will pick up quick service somewhere (suggestions welcome, but we won't worry too much about it)

The only time I've been to Disneyland Paris was in 2017, I ran a 5K and 10K there. So I ran through the park, but didn't go there after the race.

I haven't seen anything about the 90 euro rumour on French or European DLP sites, as they are closer to the fire, I am going with that it is a rumour for now.

To give some notes on your notes.
- Ratatouille is not The Studios flagship ride, Crush Coaster is.
- Cinemagique wasnt the Tram Tour, it was a show that closed years ago, the Tram Tour has been rethemed into a Cars themed tour, totally not worth your time unless you are a huge Cars fan and 5 years old.
- RC racer is just a carnival ride you can get anywhere else, except the car is Toy Story themed. It is slow loading and I really do not advice it for one day trips.
- Rock n Roller Coaster closed before covid and will be rethemed into Iron Man as part of the Marvel expansion, hopefully opens late summer.

- Phantom Manor is refurbished and reopened a couple of years ago, it has now more English audio in the ride.
- Skip Nautilus it really isnt worth your time
- I dont know what you consider cool stuff in the castle, but keep your expectations low. It is fun to go up, there is some Sleeping Beauty theming and you can go out on the balcony to overlook Fantasyland, but I would put this really low on your list.
- Buzz Lightyear better than wdw? I would say they are very very similar.
- Yes, Alice is fun, for little kids, the view from the Queen's castle over Fantasyland is nice, but again, keep your expectations low.

In the Studios go for Crush, Tower of Terror and Ratatouille. Go to the park do Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and then do the kiddie rides or distractions.

If you are a regular to wdw, I would advise you to skip Ratatouille, Peter Pan, Star tours, Buzz. Small World is very similar but because it is in Europe, the European section is bigger (if I remember correctly).

I haven't seen anything about the 90 euro rumour on French or European DLP sites, as they are closer to the fire, I am going with that it is a rumour for now.

To give some notes on your notes.
- Ratatouille is not The Studios flagship ride, Crush Coaster is.
- Cinemagique wasnt the Tram Tour, it was a show that closed years ago, the Tram Tour has been rethemed into a Cars themed tour, totally not worth your time unless you are a huge Cars fan and 5 years old.
- RC racer is just a carnival ride you can get anywhere else, except the car is Toy Story themed. It is slow loading and I really do not advice it for one day trips.
- Rock n Roller Coaster closed before covid and will be rethemed into Iron Man as part of the Marvel expansion, hopefully opens late summer.

- Phantom Manor is refurbished and reopened a couple of years ago, it has now more English audio in the ride.
- Skip Nautilus it really isnt worth your time
- I dont know what you consider cool stuff in the castle, but keep your expectations low. It is fun to go up, there is some Sleeping Beauty theming and you can go out on the balcony to overlook Fantasyland, but I would put this really low on your list.
- Buzz Lightyear better than wdw? I would say they are very very similar.
- Yes, Alice is fun, for little kids, the view from the Queen's castle over Fantasyland is nice, but again, keep your expectations low.

In the Studios go for Crush, Tower of Terror and Ratatouille. Go to the park do Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Pirates, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones and then do the kiddie rides or distractions.

If you are a regular to wdw, I would advise you to skip Ratatouille, Peter Pan, Star tours, Buzz. Small World is very similar but because it is in Europe, the European section is bigger (if I remember correctly).
That is all really helpful, thanks! We aren’t WDW regulars, but did do a big trip in 2018 and a couple before that too. Ratatouille wasn’t open yet so we’ve never done that. Does this all sound doable in a day?

Unless you are staying on site I wouldn't do Crush first. Hotel guests get early entry and the lines will already be long by regular opening time. If you really want to do it (it is good and original!) I would do it later in the day towards Studios closing time.
I would start in the main park (get there early) and do Phantom Manor, Indiana Jones and Pirates (the lines will still be short) then do Big Thunder Mountain (keep left!) You will have to wait, but should still be doable.
Then I would do the walk through attractions or Casey Junior and Le Pays de Conte Fe (lovely rides) and watch the 30th anniversary show.
Then I would do Star Tours and Space Mountain, probably with some waits. I would maybe do The Lion King show, which is excellent.
Watch the parade and the head to the Studios. Do Ratatouille using the single rider line (you usually end up in the same rat!), Tower of Terror and Crush if you can wait.
Then go back to the main park and do anything else with short waits and watch the fireworks.
Just my thoughts - have fun!

Unless you are staying on site I wouldn't do Crush first. Hotel guests get early entry and the lines will already be long by regular opening time. If you really want to do it (it is good and original!) I would do it later in the day towards Studios closing time.
I would start in the main park (get there early) and do Phantom Manor, Indiana Jones and Pirates (the lines will still be short) then do Big Thunder Mountain (keep left!) You will have to wait, but should still be doable.
Then I would do the walk through attractions or Casey Junior and Le Pays de Conte Fe (lovely rides) and watch the 30th anniversary show.
Then I would do Star Tours and Space Mountain, probably with some waits. I would maybe do The Lion King show, which is excellent.
Watch the parade and the head to the Studios. Do Ratatouille using the single rider line (you usually end up in the same rat!), Tower of Terror and Crush if you can wait.
Then go back to the main park and do anything else with short waits and watch the fireworks.
Just my thoughts - have fun!
Well that's some food for thought. Would starting in Studios work if we purchased premier pass for Crush? I'm willing to do a couple of those if need be. Going back and forth multiple times across the park sounds less than ideal and I'd rather spend the bulk of the day at Disneyland.

Last edited:
Buzz Lightyear better than wdw? I would say they are very very similar.
WDW's version of Buzz was the first and IMHO is the weakest. All the other parks I've been to (DLP, DL, TDL) got it later and so ended up with Buzz 2.0 - better effects and the gun isn't rigidly fixed to the car, making it easier to aim.

Does it make a huge difference? Probably not, but it is very slightly better and that may be enough to sway you if you're a big fan of those sorts of rides. Put it this way, I always skip Buzz in WDW because I know I'll be disappointed comparing it to DLP.

The parks should have good opening hours that time of year due to the light levels (although it's still too light for fireworks). But keep your expectations low. What's special about Paris is the atmosphere and decoration. You may want to look at the dragon in the castle. A few things to remember:
  • The castle and fantasy land do close earlier in the day due to fireworks.
  • You need to eat/drink. If you want book a table do it prior or eat outside of normal hours for quick service.. currently 2 places offer mobile order. Otherwise you could be in a que for a long time.
  • Walt's restaurant is pretty special and unique, it might be nice to time that for one of the 30th shows.
  • The studios closes earlier - a great time is to join crush que just before closing.
  • If the new iron man coaster is open that will have insane ques.
  • Out of all the coasters temple of peril is the least spectacular. If it has a huge wait give priority to others first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter