It's a Disney Bachelorette November PTR

Jules76126

Practically Perfect in Every Way
Hello Everyone:welcome:,

After lurking for many, many years on this board, I finally decided to take the plunge and write my very own pre-trip report. After not having been to the World since 2009 :guilty:, I am long overdue for a trip back to the world. So much has changed since 09. BOG, 7DMT, HS ghost town ( :sad: actually a little sad about this one). And what better occasion than for my Bachelorette Party!

I think it is only appropriate that start by I give a little background on myself. My name is Julie and I am 28 soon to be 29 year old (eek) Disney fan. Yes, Yes I know, life does not end at 30; I am still quite young, etc. However, I still feel a little sad that this decade of my life is coming to an end. I have had many wonderful years and experiences in this last decade (10 days spent in Greece, losing my passport in Amsterdam:scared:, road tripping to Florida). But I also know the future is bright and I am sure many more wonderful years are ahead. I am a lover of the travel (especially Europe), books, the beach, great wine and beer and orange cats. Can't forget the cats - preferable orange. :cat:

I definitely caught the Disney bug early on. I went on my very first girls trip at the tender age of 3. My grandmother had a conference at the Swan and invited a few female family members, including my mom and me to accompany her. My dad was happy to see his family off for the week as he could spend the weekend at the golf course (notigerwoods). That trip was truly magical and create a few fond memories (I mean I was only three after all - how much do you remember from being three). Its funny to think of all the things that didn't exist that trip, including Boardwalk, AK, and they were just starting to build Splash Mountain. We all returned a few years later and stayed at the Beach Club and fell in love. I mean how can you not love those pools?. Our Disney lives would never be the same.:love:

After that my grandmother learned about DVC - at that time it still was Disney Best Kept Secret (Anyone remember that? Bueller? Bueller?). And lo and behold our next trip was at OKW staying in a Deluxe Villa. That trip was also the year of the giant pink castle cake. I know people on here either love or hate that cake. I personally loved it, but it could because I was 9 and what 9 year old girl wouldn't want a gigantic pink castle cake? Once we bought into DVC we went pretty frequently over the years, including the year 2000 (BWV), 2001 DLP, 2003 BCV, and 2004 BCV. My grandmother also had a love for BWV and bought points there as well as Saratoga (which we are not a fan of).

I then went to college and had the pleasure of participating in 2 college programs - 2007 and 2009. I worked in Epcot both times and had a blast. But after that last program, I had to start adulting -you know working a 9-5 job, paying bills (I'm looking at you student loans) and Disney needed to take a backseat - until now that is.

I knew I wanted to go to Florida for my bachelorette party. One of my bridesmaids lives there and I thought it would be unfair to have her fly up to New England twice in two months. Plus who doesn't want to escape to Florida in November, especially from the arctic north. We were originally thinking of going to the Keys as we thought Disney would be too pricey. But after some research, we realized that Disney was a go and voila it was booked. We are going from November 9 to the 11 and staying at BCV (like we would even consider staying anywhere else).

Up next - I will introduce the Crew.

Only 195 day to go! Thanks for reading along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter