It's a Small World - who have you run into at WDW?

Is it a small world...the last four times we went we ran into someone....a neighbor...my son's friend...daughter's friends...my kids teachers (twice). I guess because we go when NYC schools are off. We now guess who we might run into.

Back when I was in middle school we went to WDW when Epcot had first opened. It must have been spring break as we ran into three families from our neighborhood.

This last trip in December of 2011, within 10 minutes of walking into MK I saw one of the families from the library where I work. I had had all of the children in my baby storytime at the library. Never saw them again for the rest of the trip even though we were both there for the next five days or so.

1. Fifteen years ago we ran into my mom's fellow Girl Scout leader and her family. You would have thought the two of them would remember our families were going on vacation at the same time.

2. This year we ran into a Cast Member at the MK turnstiles who was from our hometown. Turns out my mom used to know his sister.

My gramma used to run into someone everywhere we went, including Disney. Of course I was too young to really remember those.

Last year, we ran into my kids' art teacher from school in Epcot. We were walking from Nemo and from behind me, I hear someone say their names in age order-
Anyway, it was kind of cool!

A few years ago, we were on Kali River Rapids, when a young man sitting across the raft from us, asked if we remembered him. I had to look at him for a minute and felt so embarassed, before I finally realized he was a kid my husband and I used to coach years before in soccer. We hadn't seen him in years and wouldn't have even noticed him. He was in his midtwenties and we hadn't seen him since he was about ten.:rotfl::rotfl: We may not have changed, but he sure did.:rotfl: What's funny is that we are from a fairly small town, but lost touch with him after he quit playing soccer, plus he had moved away after high school, so it'd been years since we'd seen him, yet he still remembered us. Neither of us could believe that we met up so many years later on a ride at WDW.

I was going to MK one morning and Roger Bingham from Survivor Outback was on the bus. I'm from Kentucky and he's from Kentucky, so he was always a favorite player. We were there before rope drop, and he was so kind to spend time talking with us and taking photos.

We ran into our priest and son. Another time a neighbor. I'm sure there are always people we know there. It is a small world.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I haven't run into anyone in Disney, since I haven't been in years. But on other vacations my parents have run into people they knew. The most shocking was I think they found someone they knew on the last day of a cruise we went on.

On my next Disney trip with my friend she's hoping not to run into anyone she knows since she's a teacher and apparently a bunch of her kids will be going to WDW the same time that we're going. :rotfl:

The summer I was 15 I went on a teen tour around the country. There were probably 40 kids. The February after that I was in line for SSE with my family when a friend of mine from the tour walked by.

Not Disney, but still Florida, and one of my grandmother's favorite stories from 30 years ago (grandma's turning 94 this week). We'd go down to Florida from NY every President's Day week; my grandparents had a condo (grandma still has it; she just came back on Friday). Anyway, we're in this ice cream place that has an arcade on the 2nd floor. My brother and I are off doing our thing, so my grandmother starts speaking to this girl about my age.

"Where are you from?" "Long Island"
"Where on Long Island?" "[our town]"
"Wow, really? We're from there too!" "I'm in [my] class"

I'd already seen her and said hello, but my grandmother still loves that story.

On our trip this past summer we bumped into friends from our town (we knew they would be there), my wife's first cousin and family, and a not too close friend of mine who was celebrating his 50th with his family.

My husband and I went to Disney on our honeymoon in 2001. We were approaching the Pooh ride to get in line, when the CM at the front of the line called out my first name and maiden name. I didn't recognize her at all, but she told me she had been my preschool teacher! She recognized me from some times I'd been in the town newspaper during high school about 5 years prior. She remembered the names of my brother and asked about my parents...it was the craziest small world experience!

My husband met Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics - which was like a dream come true to him! Paul Pierce came over and started talking to him after noticing my husband had a Celtics jersey on that I bought him for his 30th birthday with the number 30 and our last name. Happiest husband ever.

Have you ever run into a friend/neighbor/relative at WDW whom you didn't know would be there? It has happened to me twice. One was a very beloved teacher that two of my kids had. My extended family was on a bus back to POR after MK fireworks and we were pretty loud. I heard someone call our last name, and it was the teacher with her mom and two kids. The whole family was excited to see her. I knew she loved Disney - she had gotten a job teaching at Celebration some years earlier, but came back to Buffalo, NY because it was too, um, Stepford Wives for her! The second was a co-worker. I was at Disney Studios by myself when I heard my name being called. I stopped and spoke to him and his wife for about 20 minutes - I had no idea he was a Disney fanatic!

Our first trip back in 1998 we saw my brother-in-laws in-laws (I've known their family for years) at the airport. They were leaving on a differnt airline at the same time we were. They were going to their cottage in Coco Beach and we were going to Disney. Our last day at Disney (10 days later) we stopped in Downtown Disney before our flight and saw them again grabbing some gifts. They too were leaving back home the same day. Again a few years later we saw them again at the airport departing the sametime as us differnt airline. Even stranger is that I just saw her 2 days ago for the first time in about 2 years. FYI, were also from just out side of Buffalo. :wave2:

Yes, quite a few times.

Back in the 80's we ran into neighbors from down the road. They were big Disney fans & they were headed in Epcot as we were headed out.

That same trip my sister ran into someone else she knew.

When I went a few years ago, I was in Captain Cooks & ran into an old aquaintance. She was there with her family as I was with mine.

The last trip, we were in line for Peter Pan (I think) & I saw someone with a shirt that said "Trumbull, CT" on it. That is where I grew up & my family still lives there & sadly I don't. So I started to talk to them much to my dh's dismay. And they knew my oldest sister. I saw them a few more times that trip.

My husband tells me that Trumbull must be some kind of mecca. He was on his way home from a work trip last year & he made conversation with someone on the plane sitting next to him before his lay over. The guy asked where he was going & my dh said CT. The guy said he was from CT so my dh asked where & started to smile because the guy said "Trumbull." The guy graduated with my other sister. My husband was amazed & told the guy that everywhere we go I happen to find someone from Trumbull or they have a connection to Trumbull.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter