• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's a Stroller Sir, not a Battering Ram!!! NEW PTR LINK POSTED

Woohoo! You've arrived at POP! I did the same thing with picture taking. Although I had the camera right next to me or slung on my shoulder. You'd think I'd remember to take pictures.

Walkmans! I loved my walkman. Kids don't realize how easy they have it today with the little MP3 players. Some of those walkmans/cd players were so bulky and heavy.

Joining in.. This is the first TP I am joining and I'm so excited to hear all about it.. Love the Title

Joined! I loved your last TR. (You sold me on the Grey Goose Slushies:worship:) I'm training myself to see Shanleigh's pictures and think "Shanleigh." lol

Good Morning Jacquie. Loving your new report so far. Can't wait to read more.

Woohoo! You've arrived at POP! I did the same thing with picture taking. Although I had the camera right next to me or slung on my shoulder. You'd think I'd remember to take pictures.

Walkmans! I loved my walkman. Kids don't realize how easy they have it today with the little MP3 players. Some of those walkmans/cd players were so bulky and heavy.
I completely get it....the camera was in my shoulder bag the entire time....just didn't think about taking it out :lmao:

I bought my first walkman with babysitting money and I only got rid of it when we moved into our last house:rolleyes1

Joining in.. This is the first TP I am joining and I'm so excited to hear all about it.. Love the Title
Yay, glad you're here....first TR...oh lordy, I will hope to not disappoint you;) Can't wait to share the story about the title!
Joined! I loved your last TR. (You sold me on the Grey Goose Slushies:worship:) I'm training myself to see Shanleigh's pictures and think "Shanleigh." lol
Thank you so much! Wait until after this TR, I'll have you trying other beverages on your next trip:rolleyes1 I have to remember to type Shanleigh and not Jasmine which I'm sure will happen a few times!
Hooked in! Great TR!! :thumbsup2
Glad you're here and thank you:goodvibes
Good Morning Jacquie. Loving your new report so far. Can't wait to read more.

Hey girl...glad you're here! I am hoping to have the new battery for the laptop after work tonight so by the weekend I'll have the next update done and posted!

Excited to join in near the beginning! :cool1: I haven't commented much on your last couple TR's, but I've been reading them. I love your style of writing, it makes me feel like I'm there with you. Strange to think of Jasmine as Shanleigh, but I'm sure I'll get used to it! :laughing: Your trip looks great so far- I so wish I could spend 2 weeks in the World right now!!

Looking forward to reading more!

Clearly I am behind. Such a bad friend I am!!! :eek:

I hate forgetting my camera, which is why I'm so happy now that my iPhone has such a great camera. Now, if I don't take pictures, it's just because I'm a ding dong. :lmao:

Great start to the trip by the way. Although, not knowing what a walkman is? Now, I feel officially old, and I'm not even close!!! I'm only 30 (31 in a few days, :eek:). Soooo much has changed in such a short period of time though, it's not surprising anymore.

And I have one question.....I thought stroller's were battering rams? My bad! :rolleyes1

Subbing and saying HI!! I've been following your TR's and PTR's! It looks like you guys have so much fun! I can't wit to have "girls trips" with my daughters as they get older!

Excited to join in near the beginning! :cool1: I haven't commented much on your last couple TR's, but I've been reading them. I love your style of writing, it makes me feel like I'm there with you. Strange to think of Jasmine as Shanleigh, but I'm sure I'll get used to it! :laughing: Your trip looks great so far- I so wish I could spend 2 weeks in the World right now!!

Looking forward to reading more!
I am so excited that you are here again...thank you so much for following along! I know this may sound a little selfish but I could so go back right now...I miss it so much!
Clearly I am behind. Such a bad friend I am!!! :eek:

I hate forgetting my camera, which is why I'm so happy now that my iPhone has such a great camera. Now, if I don't take pictures, it's just because I'm a ding dong. :lmao:

Great start to the trip by the way. Although, not knowing what a walkman is? Now, I feel officially old, and I'm not even close!!! I'm only 30 (31 in a few days, :eek:). Soooo much has changed in such a short period of time though, it's not surprising anymore.

And I have one question.....I thought stroller's were battering rams? My bad! :rolleyes1
You are not a bad friend...you have a very important trip that you are planning so I completely understand what has kept you away;)

I was a ding dong that night considering it was in my bag the entire time....:rolleyes1

Think how I feel, I love it when Shan gets home and talks about an "old grouchy customer" and she says they were my age:thumbsup2

Trust me...there were many many many people who thought they were battering rams!

Hi Jacquie! I'm here and following along. You're off to a great start!! popcorn::
There's my friend! I am so happy that you're here with us....not the same as being together, but pretty darn close...give the girls big hugs for us pls:hug:
Hi there :goodvibes I'm joining in! I can't wait to read more about your trip. Your title really hooked me, I'm curious to see how that came about!
Welcome and you only have to wait until I post about the beginning of our second week to here the stroller story! I hope you're not too bored waiting for it:lmao:
Subbing and saying HI!! I've been following your TR's and PTR's! It looks like you guys have so much fun! I can't wit to have "girls trips" with my daughters as they get older!

I am so happy that you posted! It's so nice to hear from people who have been following along ... past and present!

Girl's trips are just the best! You will definitely enjoy it thats for sure!

I had promised an update earlier in the weekend and here we are at Sunday night and I`m only getting to it now! I hope all you amazing dad`s had a wonderful Fathers Day!

So here we are at our first full day in the world! Where were we headed....
040.jpg

Why Epcot of course! We have never been there during Flower and Garden and I couldn`t wait to get there and see everything it had to offer! These greeted us as soon as we walked in!
043.jpg

These two were hilarious...and I mean hilarious! She was yelling at Shanleigh asking if she was really from Winnipeg and if she was happy that we got our hockey team back...we actually had quite a few people stop and tell us how much they too loved our Jets!!
044.jpg

I have loved peacock`s since I was a little girl and when I saw this I just knew we were meant to be here and experience this wonderful festival!
045.jpg

Whose doesn`t love HGTV....I may have a small addiction with this channel, now if only I had money to go along with everything I would like to do!
048.jpg

We headed straight to Soarin and I was surprised the wait time was already 60 minutes but we figured we had no where else to be right away so we waited! We met a lovely couple from south Florida who we chatted to the entire time! He was telling Shanleigh how important it was to get her degree and her and I talked decorating and gardening! They were just the nicest people and at one point they said something about their son being 41 .... 41....I was sure they were my age how could they have a son that was 41, they added they had a grandchild Shan`s age....must be the good Florida living, they looked in their late 40`s!! When we parted, he reminded Shanleigh how important school was and wished her the best of luck....lovely lovely people!
051.jpg

We ventured out of Soarin and started to head over to WS! We stopped so I could take this gorgeous shot!
052.jpg

We laughed as we headed to see the butterfly house...imagining Jeff with us and him flailing the entire time we would be in here! Shan sent him a text telling him what we were doing and he told her not to go in ... it wasn`t safe! Cracks us up even when he`s not with us!
054.jpg

Couldn`t believe I actually got this shot because it was so bright I couldn`t see my screen so I had no idea how it turned out until later!
055.jpg

....so I took another one just in case!:lmao:
056.jpg

Don`t ya just love these....they were amazing!
057.jpg

Shan loved this butterfly and it as flying all around her and finally landed on this flower so I grabbed this picture! She thought maybe her grandma was with us:hug:
061.jpg

I have to tell you that this picture does not do this scene justice! I couldn`t move, I just wanted to stay there all day and take in the beauty...it really was gorgeous!
062.jpg

Another angle....stunning!
063.jpg

A lovely young lady asked us to take a picture of her and her friend and they returned the favour for us.....
066.jpg

Peter Pan and Captain Hook....I look at this picture and it looks like they are running right at us!
067.jpg

Just thought I would grab a shot of my very happy girl
071.jpg

I have a story here that still makes me sad to think about it when I post this. We were patiently waiting in line for our picture to be taken here and the whole time I`m waiting for someone to come in behind us so I can ask them to take our picture. A young Muslim family was at the front of the line, the grandma and grandpa and their children and grandchildren. The young lady with the youngest child was trying to balance the baby and take the picture of her family and I am wondering why the people in front of us arent offering to do it for them. The young lady turned around and asked them and they said very rudely NO. WHAT....Shan and I just looked at each other because we couldn`t believe what we were witnessing...there was more of an exchange but I will leave it at this. I looked at Shan and walked around the family in front of us and offered to take the picture for her..they couldnt`have been more gracious....so gracious in fact that they waited until it was finally our turn so they could take this picture for us . I will never forget this family or the one in front of us......As we headed away, Shan put her arm around me and said I love how you love people mom. I could cry just thinking about it!
074.jpg

We took a left and headed towards Mexico...so happy to be here and together! We felt like the luckiest girls on earth right now!
079.jpg

Shanleighs bf loves pandas so she took this for Michelle!
081.jpg

She couldnt afford this but she thought she would take the picture, frame it and give it to her bf in August for her birthday....you have to be creative when you are a starving student right!
087.jpg

My girl shopping for some new jewellery in Germany!
088.jpg

Isn't this gorgeous!
090.jpg

And seven very cute little men!

This brings us about halfway around WS ...can't wait to tell you where we were headed next!

Glad you finally got to experience the F&GF. It's one of my very favorite times to visit! :goodvibes

Random story but since you mentioned peacocks...I have to say you would have enjoyed going to the zoo today with us! We went for Father's Day and there were peacocks all over the place! It was crazy.

Glad you got to visit during the F&GF. Everything is just especially pretty then, isn't it? I think my favorite parts are all the topiaries made to look like characters.

I've enjoyed my stroll around WS with you so far. Looking forward to the rest of the trip! :)

This year was our first experience with F&G fest too, and I was blown away by it! It was almost overwhelming! I stood in that same spot overlooking the water for so long that Bryan asked if I'd fallen asleep! :rotfl2:

What a sad story with the Muslim family. I can't believe how cruel and ignorant people can be. I am so glad that Shan appreciates the example that you're setting for her. That's special. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see where you two are off to next!

Incidentally, my DH was reading another TR over my shoulder after our trip and saw someone with a GG slushie. He was furious with me for not telling him that it existed! :lmao: I thought of you of course. :)

Your pictures are all so beautiful! I :love: the Flower Festival. It is my favorite time to be at Epcot!

As for the situation you witnessed....why is it the "happiest place on Earth" seems to bring out the worst in some people? Good for you for helping them! I'm sure it meant a great deal to that family :goodvibes

Whose doesn`t love HGTV....I may have a small addiction with this channel, now if only I had money to go along with everything I would like to do!

Love HGTV but I like the home better than the garden.

We ventured out of Soarin and started to head over to WS! We stopped so I could take this gorgeous shot!

Flower & Garden Festival is so beautiful.

Shan loved this butterfly and it as flying all around her and finally landed on this flower so I grabbed this picture! She thought maybe her grandma was with us:hug:

Aw.

A young Muslim family was at the front of the line, the grandma and grandpa and their children and grandchildren. The young lady with the youngest child was trying to balance the baby and take the picture of her family and I am wondering why the people in front of us arent offering to do it for them. The young lady turned around and asked them and they said very rudely NO.

People can be so ignorant.

Great update!

Great update! Some day we will get to the Flower and Garden Festival and the Beer and Wine Festival as well

Loved the pictures of the butterflies and Jasmine thinking her grandmother was with her. Whenever I see a butterfly, I always think my grandfather sent it for me. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter