It's All Happening! Mission: DGE 2014 is a GO! A June-tiful PTR (COMPLETE: TR POSTED)

Absolutely ALL of your choices are fabulous! Not that you don't know that already, though, haha.
I've actually eaten at every single one of these and they're all in my top ten favorites! (Except 1900 Park Fare because the last time I ate there, I was two years old, but it was still an amazing experience from what my parents remember.)
Be Our Guest will be such a SPECTACULAR way to kick off the trip!

Just joining in!! Love your plans! We will have overlapping trips and we are both eating at 50's Prime Time the same night! Maybe we will see you there!

Absolutely ALL of your choices are fabulous! Not that you don't know that already, though, haha. I've actually eaten at every single one of these and they're all in my top ten favorites! (Except 1900 Park Fare because the last time I ate there, I was two years old, but it was still an amazing experience from what my parents remember.) Be Our Guest will be such a SPECTACULAR way to kick off the trip!

YAY! Yeah I knew they were pretty fabulous lol But for all my choices to be in someone's top ten, I guess they are extra fabulous! :teeth:

I have so many great plans surrounding that ADR! I can't wait to organize them out and show them to all of you :)

Just joining in!! Love your plans! We will have overlapping trips and we are both eating at 50's Prime Time the same night! Maybe we will see you there!

:welcome:

Glad you could join in!

Thanks! And that's so cool! Maybe we will. Don't be afraid to say hi if you see me.

I had forgotten my password....:confused3
Anyway I just picked up the alert and your plans look great. A lot of eating to be done:banana: yum!
Hope school is going well for you and the planning is moving along smoothly!

I had forgotten my password....:confused3
Anyway I just picked up the alert and your plans look great. A lot of eating to be done:banana: yum!
Hope school is going well for you and the planning is moving along smoothly!

Oh gosh, glad you were able to figure it out again!

Thanks! Yes, LOTS of eating.

Thanks again! Things are a bit rough, but I'm trying to be optimistic so hopefully there are good things to come. :thumbsup2

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

It really has been awhile. I didn't think I would hold out on an update this long, but then again, history was bound to repeat itself. I can promise an update once a month for now. Probably around end of May, beginning of June, I will have updates more frequently. But for now, I'm getting pulled twenty different ways with A LOT on my mind. I won't go into great detail, but a lot is happening so certain things are going to have to take a back seat. Like it has been in the past.

The year hasn't been a total loss. I just returned from vacation last week (it's almost over :'( ) But the week prior to vacation was my last Fang Fest (my school's spirit week) ever! It was so much fun and my grade won FINALLY (and rightfully so)! I won't go into much detail, but it was so much fun especially after all the crap my grade has had to suffer through in terms of Fang Fest. But we really made something out of what seemed like nothing. The themes for each day of the week were: Class Colors Day (Seniors are Purple & Black (we won)), 80s Workout Day (we won again), School Colors Day (Black & Gold (we came in dead last... I don't know why)) and Class Theme Day (we were Pirates... hence the title (we won)). Here are some highlights (I decided to exclude 80s workout day for obvious reasons) :

It was a great week. I haven't been able to get "A Pirate's Life for Me" out of my head and it's been awesome. I was so happy things turned out the way they did. And it led right into vacation, which was even better!

Unfortunately, this year, our vacation was a bit more mellow than usual. Probably since I moved to New Hampshire when I was about to turn four (hence why everything I remember about it is basically a blur and why I tell people I've pretty much lived in NH my whole life), my family would take an annual skiing trip, but because of all the money my family had to pour out beforehand, we dropped the idea. So I've been home all vacation, which was nice. I really needed a break from reality.

My mom, of course, could not give up on making this an ACTUAL vacation so we took a few day trips to Boston, which was fun, but in all honesty, anytime that's not Christmas or Summer... it really is a dreary, cold place. We still had fun, even with the freezing cold! Those city winds... they're nothing to joke about lemme tell ya!

I also was trying to meet up with a DISFriend who goes to school nearby, but she's busy during the week and I went on Tuesday and Friday so it wasn't to be. I'll probably be back soon with my friends (we've always wanted to go just for kicks) so hopefully then we can meet up and I can officially check "DISMeet" off my bucketlist.

Anyways, on the first day we were there, we went to the Museum of Science, which was okay. I've been there so much and know so much about the exhibits they have, I've lost interest, but they had this new interactive area, which was enjoyable. We ended up spending most of our time there. We also saw a show in the Planetarium, which I slept through about 80% of. Not my thing. The laser shows are really what you should see in those with Pink Floyd and Aerosmith in the background. Or if there's an exciting IMAX show, those are fun.

After, we were done there, we headed down to Faneuil Hall because we all love it there! They have a place called Oyster Market there, for those of you who don't know, which is like a Mall cafeteria but TO THE MAX. It's huge with so many options and it has all these awesome shops right outside of it. It was funny because when we went, my mom, who worked in Boston for many years, couldn't figure out how to get there so I ended up being the navigator. I was quite proud of myself (this happened again during our second day trip, I LOVE FANEUIL HALL).

Now, we weren't there for the food, we wanted to go see the Body Worlds Vital exhibit, which unfortunately had closed for the day when we got there. Luckily, our stomachs were growling so we stopped by Wicked Good Cupcakes, which is this company that sells cupcakes... IN JARS! I mean, so brilliant! They actually were on the show Shark Tank for those who watch it and got some big offer from one of the sharks (don't remember which one... sorry). It was pretty cool and it was so well deserved. Literally, I'm obsessed with these cupcakes now. My mom bought a cookies and cream one for her and I to share, but I almost ate the whole thing by myself. Luckily, she only wanted a little so after eating 3/4 of the way through it, she said I could have the whole thing. SCORE!

We made a quick stop at American Eagle, although it felt much longer than that. I ended up buying a hoodie, nothing special, just so I wasn't completely bored. After American Eagle, we left. The end.

Okay, not really.

Fast forward to the end of vacation week on Friday and we headed back to Boston. Unfortunately, DOS hadn't been feeling good for a few days and opted out on this one. We spent most of our day in Faneuil Hall for this one. Our main course of action was going to see Body Worlds Vital. It was actually REALLY cool. I know enough about anatomy (I am in Psychology right now and took two (worthless) science classes last year (one of them an AP, I might add)), but the sculptures they had on display here were so detailed and actually made from human bodies. It was crazy! And they were displayed in a way where you could see the muscle, tissue and bones all separated. They also themed some of them to certain activities like there was a singer and there were some hockey players... it was all very cool. If you live in the Boston area or hear about some "Body Worlds" coming to a place nearby, go see it! It's well worth your money.

After that, we had a little dinner/lunch at a place I'd been DYING to go to. My dad constantly brags to me about all these awesome food joints in Boston and there was one I'd been pestering him to go to, but he always said no. This was the famous Union Oyster House. It's pretty well-known and such a cool place. It has probably THE best Clam Chowder, the chowder alone has won so many awards. Unfortunately, the place is very old (but well preserved), so you're pretty tightly packed, but everyone there is wicked nice and it's super casual. I like casual, as you probably already know. I kinda just doubled up on appetizers for this meal with some mussels and a bowl of clam chowder. They both were SOOOO GOOD and those mussels... Best I ever had. The clam chowder was also really good, not crazy amazing like the mussels, but probably the best I've had as well. I was very satisfied. Unfortunately, my mom was already full when we got there and my sister, who ordered chicken fingers, found a hair in one of them. It freaked her out and she just refused to eat after. And she's the picky eater! *facepalm* Wasn't able to get any food pics, it literally was a circus act trying to get things out of my pockets. Next time!

After our meal, we headed back to Faneuil Hall and my mom and sister barreled towards the three floors of hell aka ABERCROMBIE & FITCH!

It really was the three floors of hell. I didn't buy anything, didn't want anything, I just wanted to leave, but I toughed it out. We got candy afterwards anyways.

We headed home and thus ended our "vacation".

Here are some pictures I took during these excursions:

Monkeys at the Museum of Science. They were so cute!

This place. <3

Is this not the most awesome thing you've ever seen?

Faneuil Hall at night

I also got accepted into two more schools: UConn and Drexel! WOOT! WOOT! :cool1::banana:

Now for some actual news. On the last day of vacation, I did the final of all the big pre-trip things I needed to do (that is involving money) and that was...

:cheer2: BOOK THE FLIGHTS! :cheer2:

Yup, our flights are booked and they are perfect, exactly what I wanted. We are flying Southwest out of a small local airport, the third one I've used to go to Disney, which is the closest airport to my house (EVEN BETTER), on June 23rd. We are departing at 6:20am and supposed to land a little bit after 9am, which is awesome since we'll have a ton of time to enjoy the parks before check-in as well as make our very special ADR. Then, we are leaving Disney on the 28th from Orlando (as always) at 7:55pm, which is even more perfect because we'll definitely get that final day at the parks unless ME decides to rig it, but I'm sure they won't. Speaking of which, I have to call Disney soon just so the Magical Express will be set up to fit my itinerary.

After that, we're all set, now it's just paying off things, FP+ and just piecing together an itinerary we probably won't use... Crazy Timmy things.

Well... that's it for now. I'll be back with another update to go over how I plan to schedule park days or maybe talk about my must-dos a bit. I don't know, you'll just have to wait and keep reading.

Stay tuned!

P.S. Almost forgot! I also got some awesome Disney merch since the last time I updated. Take a gander, it's pretty cool! The pillow was bought specifically to decorate my future dorm room.

:smickey: Happy Thoughts and Pixie Dust to all! :smickey:

:tinker:

More Planning

HI TIMMY!!!
It's Rachel from Instagram/twitter and I finally came cross your PTR!!! I've never caught up on something so quick, I love your writing style! Your trip looks so exciting! I'm so glad you managed to get reservations for Be Our Guest, it truly is amazing, you will absolutely love it! I can't wait to read more!!!

HI TIMMY!!! It's Rachel from Instagram/twitter and I finally came cross your PTR!!! I've never caught up on something so quick, I love your writing style! Your trip looks so exciting! I'm so glad you managed to get reservations for Be Our Guest, it truly is amazing, you will absolutely love it! I can't wait to read more!!!

RACHEL!! HI! :welcome:

Thank you! Glad to hear you're enjoying it! SOOOO excited for BOG! It seems to live up to everyone's expectations so I can't wait to see how amazing it is in person rather than reading reviews or looking at photos. :bitelip:

Hey Timmy! Glad to see you hanging in there with this PTR!

Congratulations on your college acceptance. I'm in Hartford frequently so I'm very familiar with UConn! Go Huskies!

So now you have your dining reservations AND your flights booked!! :cheer2: June will be here before you know it.

Hey Timmy! Glad to see you hanging in there with this PTR!

Congratulations on your college acceptance. I'm in Hartford frequently so I'm very familiar with UConn! Go Huskies!

So now you have your dining reservations AND your flights booked!! :cheer2: June will be here before you know it.

Hi Brenda! I try my best. Glad to see you're still sticking around! :teeth:

Thank you! I'm really considering UConn with my top schools so I might go there. Might run into you then if I go haha

It's starting to feel that way. This year is going by so fast. But I know May and June will be brutal, especially once I make FP+ reservations at the end of April. Oh boy.

Congrats on the college acceptance!

We'll just miss you in June- we'll be there June 11-20!

Thank you! :teeth:

Awww, that's too bad! I almost went earlier, but I didn't want to risk not being able to go at the last minute because graduation was moved so I went as far out as I could. Have a wonderful time though! :mickeyjum

The Character Calvacade

Hello lovely DISpeople!

Surprise! I have an update for y'all! I mean, I couldn't leave you without an update for another month and today's the 100 DAY MARK so I decided to set up a series of "mini-updates" for you. These will all be updates with top ten lists of certain top ten must-dos. While I probably could get this done with one huge top ten must-dos like everyone else in the DISworld does, I'm not exactly prepared to take the time to do that. Instead I'm just going to do the specifics until I finally have time to dig through the twenty billion million gajillion gazillion things I HAVE to do and narrow it down to the things I MUST do. And I'm seriously not kidding when I say billion million gajillion gazillion. That's a real number that exists in my life. But I promise these lists won't be any less exciting.

Since I really need to get all the jitters out... OMG 100 DAYS! ASDFJHWYBYSVSYXCEDAC I'm so excited for this trip! It just seems everyday, when you think my anticipation and excitement couldn't increase anymore than it already has. Something happens and I'm more excited. At the moment, I'm excited because there are so many people that I've met on these boards, through twitter and instagram and other various social media sites who are going to be at Disney the same time as me (Still missing cindianne320 :/). And not just that, most of them are going to be WORKING at Disney while I'm there. Yup, all the DCP Fall Advantage 2014 and ICP Summer 2014 CMs are all going to be starting their programs along with those starting to work at Disney full-time or seasonal. Just so many! I've already talked with someone who may or may not be serving me at Be Our Guest and who has a friend that I hope to request at 50's Prime Time Cafe... Like WHAT?! Who knew I knew so many people like this? OMG, this is going to be the greatest trip ever! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Anyways... Without further ado, let's get on with this top ten stuff shall we!

To kick this "Top Ten" series off, I am listing my TOP TEN CHARACTER MUST-MEETS!

In order to give you perspective on my situation with Character M&Gs, here are what they've been over my previous trips (Character - Place I Met Them - Blurb About The Meet):

APRIL 2010

Eeyore - The Crystal Palace - He scared my mom, it was adorable.
Piglet - The Crystal Palace - Don't remember much, but he was cute.
Pooh - The Crystal Palace - My parents sang the song and he got all bashful. I love this guy.
Tigger - The Crystal Palace - A bunch of cheerleaders attacked him, but he spent quite a bit of time with us after. So sweet!
Stitch - Entrance to EPCOT - He was all by himself and he was quite happy to see us.
Mary Poppins - Future World, at the entrance to World Showcase - My only face character meeting and we were all a bit nervous, but she was so perfect. Right before we took the picture, she said "Spit spot!" :cloud9:
The Queen of Hearts - Future World, at the entrance to World Showcase - She was so funny! I got to kiss her hand! ASDFJHGLUBIYOHOJB
Chip & Dale - Garden Grill - I now know how to tell them apart, thanks to our waiter and they were so adorable! My favorite chippies!
Pluto - Garden Grill - No words. He's my favorite. :love:
Farmer Mickey - Garden Grill - Came, took a picture then left. It was not how I imagined meeting the Big Man. :(

FEBRUARY 2011

Minnie - In front of the Sorcerer Mickey Hat - I gave one of the CMs my camera and didn't get to give my Minnie a hug.

Yeah, I know. Pitiful. But I plan on changing this completely. I'm ready to have a good time with all my favorite characters! I have my first ever character breakfast booked as well as a meal where a certain character usually shows up so I plan on making the most of that. And after reading many TRs, I know that I won't be cutting on time by meeting these characters so I feel more confident now that I will be able to go on some new rides as well as see this characters.

Before I get to the actual list though, here are some honorable mentions: Peter Pan, Jiminy Cricket, The Tremaines, Fairy Godmother, Princess Aurora, Ariel and Aladdin & Jasmine

Yeah, this was a tough list to make, but I have done some final re-arrangements and it gives me great pleasure to introduce to you, my avid readers...

Timmy's Top Ten Character Must-Meets

SORCERER MICKEY

sorcerer-mickey-mouse-1-2.jpg

(Credit to WDW Live)

I've already met Mickey, but as you read, it was a less than stellar experience. So I want to have another go around, but with my favorite incarnation of Mickey: the Sorcerer's Apprentice or more commonly known as Sorcerer Mickey! That famous short from Fantasia is one of the best animated sequences ever made, it's gorgeous to watch and so entertaining. The fact this incarnation has lasted the longest, other than classic Mickey, in the Disney Parks says a lot and it would be so awesome to meet him in that red robe and Sorcerer hat.

DAISY

8489423417_4b77fd1758.jpg

(Credit to Flickr)

Although, I have been to Disney twice, I have yet to meet every single member of the Fab Five (*gasp*) I know, I know, shameful, but this shall be fixed, I guarantee you. Now, Daisy isn't actually a member of the Fab Five, but she is constantly mistaken so I would go so far to say that in the case of her (and the Chippy's), there is really a Fab Eight. Think about it. So it's just as necessary to meet her along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto and I'm not one to cut corners when it comes to Disney so one way or another I will meet the fabulous Daisy at some point. Personally, I want to meet her in Storybook Circus in her little Gypsy outfit (So GLAM!).

THE MAD HATTER

tumblr_lmp80dFmP21qi0p4eo1_500.jpg

(Credit to Tumblr)

I'm going to 1900 Park Fare for... many reasons, but one of the biggest reasons was to meet this guy, the Mad Hatter. I've heard so many great things about M&Gs with him and based on what I've watched in Alice in Wonderland, he's bound to be a hoot. I also would like to hear how awesome his voice sounds in person. That voice... probably the most brilliant thing to come out of Disney sound (aside from the Monorail voice man and the Ghost Host).

BELLE

tumblr_lcr8mtacnO1qdaww5o1_500.jpg

(Credit to wdwpics (Tumblr))

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I have a very personal connection with the movie, Beauty and the Beast. In Eighth grade, I got to perform in the stage production at my middle school (I was a soloist in "Belle" and an enchanted candle stick (not Lumiere), if you must know). This was the same year I went to Disney and there is so much sentimentality surrounding the movie and its characters. Belle is also one of my favorite princesses. She's got spunk, brains and is a very caring person, qualities I value immensely. It would be a true honor to grace her presence (preferably with her blue dress, actually).

GOOFY

516580631_07f6980c62.jpg

(Credit to Golden State of Mind)

The one member of the fab five I have yet to meet! And to think, he was my favorite before I fell in love with Disney (and Pluto's pure awesomeness). I need to meet him. It has to happen. HAS TO!

RAPUNZEL

enrolados_parque16.jpg

(Credit to Planeta Disney)

I don't believe I've mentioned this before, but as a last graduation requirement I have to complete this school year long project known as Senior Project. For this, I have to come up with an EQ and sub-EQs, research those, produce some application of that research, find an outside expert and then present all of this for ten minutes. Yeah, it's pretty hardcore. For my project, I am researching script writing, specifically the adaptation process (book-to-stage, screen-to-stage, etc.) and as an application piece, I am writing three scenes to a possible stage adaptation of Tangled. I will also be hosting a reading of this. So I think it would be perfect to celebrate graduation by visiting my girl, Rapunzel (sans Mr. Eugene Fitzherbert, unfortunately)!

THE BEAST

Beast.jpg

(Credit to Blake Online)

Basically for the same reasons as Belle and because this guy is rare and the fact he only comes out for dinner at Be Our Guest, it is imperative I meet him. This was also the role I believe should've been given to me when I was in Beauty and the Beast (sorry, diva moment).

GASTON

Gaston_at_Disney_parks_in_wintertime.jpg

(Credit to Disney Wiki)

I know, I know... it is extremely crazy of me to put of all the Beauty and the Beast characters I hope to meet, Gaston is number one. Seriously though? It's GASTON! He's another rare character, who's become not-so-rare. I also want to be really sassy to him and tell him off, because that's what I do. I mean, but he tried to kill the Beast and put Belle's poor father in the loony bin, I have to exact my revenge somehow!

TIANA (& NAVEEN)

8241604264_fde0fd597f.jpg

(Credit to Flickr)

Oh Tiana :love: Be still my aching heart. Princess and the Frog is far and away my all-time favorite Disney film. I've watched it SOOOO many times in the few years I've known about it. My sister (DYS) and I know every line, mannerism, movement, just everything about this film and it was one of the newest Disney films I've seen. I literally love it to the moon and back and back again and yet again and again... Yeah, that much. Tiana is far and away my favorite princess. And Naveen is one of my all-time favorite Disney characters, not to mention my favorite prince. I know he doesn't always come out, but if I do find out that he is scheduled with her one day, you can bet I will be in line. I also am planning on taking a video for my sister of Tiana saying hi, because she loves this movie just as much as I do (sometimes even more :eek:).

I might do the same thing with the video for my baby sister with Rapunzel as well as with this next couple (if they don't have to shoo us out that is), for obvious reasons. I think you all know who is my number one, but I won't leave you hanging as I present you my Number One Character Must-meet:

ANNA & ELSA!!!!!

Elsa_Anna_Disney_Parks_45.jpg

(Credit to Disney Wiki)

Oh, you thought it was Dee and Dum? Well, I'm sorry to disappoint, but I have to go meet these lovely ladies before I ever meet them (and we all know that's an even BIGGER long shot than these two), especially now that Princess Anna and Queen Elsa are moving to Princess Fairytale Hall and I CAN RESERVE FP+ IN ADVANCED! OMG, THANK YOU DISNEY FOR FEELING THE PAIN OF THOSE MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY PEOPLE WHO WOULD WAIT ALL DAY TO MEET THE ICE QUEEN AND HER ADORKABLE PRINCESS SISTER! THANK YOU! But really, I MUST meet these two. I loved Frozen, just like everyone else and though I'd literally run from my house to Disney if Olaf started greeting people (which REEEAAAAALLLLYYYY needs to happen), these two are awesome. Not everyday do you get to meet a Queen AND a Princess at the same time, even in Disney so I must jump at the chance. I have a feeling this might end up the moment they start greeting, if that gives you an idea of what "jumping at the chance" really means here.

And ta da! Those are my Top Ten Character Must-Meets.

Of course, all of these M&Gs will be intermingled with multiple visits with my boy Pluto! We have some very important business to attend to. Our meetings have been few and far between so it is very necessary I see him often. You understand, right?

Like I always do with my updates, I turn to you, my gracious readers, who still stick around for reasons I will never understand, what do you think of this? What would your lists be? Tell me! You are far more experienced than me anyways.

Stay tuned for next week, where I talk about something very important to all of us: FOOD!

More Planning

Hi Timmy :)

Since you mentioned how you had a less than stellar first meeting with mickey I would actually reccommend you meet talking mickey. When I met him last trip he walked over to each group of people and had a nice decent sized conversation with them that was unique to each group of people, took a picture with them and walked with them to the ext of the room. he really makes each group feel special! That is one of my favorite mickey meet and greet experiences i've ever had! I would agree that alot of times mickey meet and greets aren't as fun as other meet and greets as well which is why i'm such a huge advocate of meeting talking mickey. He is in the town hall on main street in magic kingdom :). If the idea of talking mickey freaks anyone in your group out (I know my sister in law finds him creepy and I know she isn't the only one) then I also met a great verison of mickey by the area between uk and canada in world showcase that has a bunch of characters at certain points in the day.

Good luck with your character quest :)

wow Timmy you've been really busy! Congrats on Fangfest, your pirate costume was great! It would make a great costume for MNSSHP!

Congrats on two more college acceptances. Way to go!!

Uh the pillow? Would be even better if you could take the family couch to your apartment (after you leave the dorms) it's a perfect match.

You have so much planned for WDW, my head is spinning....:rotfl:

My faves would be Tinkerbell :-)rotfl2:)Peter Pan, Fairy godmother, Belle, Beast, The Frozen gals and probably the best characters are Cindy's stepmother and the stepsisters. Those ladies(using the term loosely) are an absolute riot! I can only imagine how much fun they'd have with you and Nate. Of course you'd better be careful or they'll snatch you two up!
Glad to hear you have your flights booked, ridiculous prices but too far for me to drive.

Can't wait to hear more, especially about the food (I'm hungry:rotfl:) Hope your friend provides a hysterically fun time at
50's!!!

Hi Timmy :)

Since you mentioned how you had a less than stellar first meeting with mickey I would actually reccommend you meet talking mickey. When I met him last trip he walked over to each group of people and had a nice decent sized conversation with them that was unique to each group of people, took a picture with them and walked with them to the ext of the room. he really makes each group feel special! That is one of my favorite mickey meet and greet experiences i've ever had! I would agree that alot of times mickey meet and greets aren't as fun as other meet and greets as well which is why i'm such a huge advocate of meeting talking mickey. He is in the town hall on main street in magic kingdom :). If the idea of talking mickey freaks anyone in your group out (I know my sister in law finds him creepy and I know she isn't the only one) then I also met a great verison of mickey by the area between uk and canada in world showcase that has a bunch of characters at certain points in the day.

Good luck with your character quest :)

Hi Jenny!

I've heard great things about Talking Mickey, but I wasn't sure if he was out all the time the way people only meet him every so often. And it really wasn't a matter of expecting something amazing would happen when I met Mickey like when I met Pluto, it was just he didn't spend as much time as Chip, Dale or Pluto did. He kind of ignored us. I mean, he walked by us to go see another family then came back and only took a picture then walked away. It was a bit lackluster so any M&G now with Mickey longer than five seconds would be perfect in my book.

And thank you! :teeth:

wow Timmy you've been really busy! Congrats on Fangfest, your pirate costume was great! It would make a great costume for MNSSHP!

Congrats on two more college acceptances. Way to go!!

Uh the pillow? Would be even better if you could take the family couch to your apartment (after you leave the dorms) it's a perfect match.

You have so much planned for WDW, my head is spinning....:rotfl:

My faves would be Tinkerbell :-)rotfl2:)Peter Pan, Fairy godmother, Belle, Beast, The Frozen gals and probably the best characters are Cindy's stepmother and the stepsisters. Those ladies(using the term loosely) are an absolute riot! I can only imagine how much fun they'd have with you and Nate. Of course you'd better be careful or they'll snatch you two up!
Glad to hear you have your flights booked, ridiculous prices but too far for me to drive.

Can't wait to hear more, especially about the food (I'm hungry:rotfl:) Hope your friend provides a hysterically fun time at
50's!!!

Hi Tink!

Yeah, quite busy. And thanks! It's actually a friend's that I probably should return... But that's a really good idea for MNSSHP, should totally do that when I go one of these days. :)

Thank you! Four for four! :banana:

Haha, my mom wanted to keep it downstairs because the pillow looked so nice with the couch. But it's going to college with me with or without the couch. I'll fine something to match I'm sure. ;)

Oh the Tremaines! I actually was talking to Nate about booking a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare so we could propose to them (it seems to be the thing to do), but he wasn't in to that. They're usually in Fantasyland a lot I hear so if they're out I will definitely be paying them a visit. :thumbsup2

I'll try to get that update this weekend so you don't starve! And yeah, I hope so too or whatever "cousin" we may get! :goodvibes

Beef, Pork, Chicken, MMM!!!

Hello my DIS Friends!

I guess I'm doing pretty good with posting mini-updates. I guess it's just a matter of setting aside time and organizing my time well too. But, before I get into the actual heart of this update, I have some announcements for y'all.

First off, I GOT FROZEN!!!!!

AND SAVING MR. BANKS!!!!

I was not feeling well at all this week. I got some bad twenty four hour sniffles thing, but I'm feeling a TON better now, don't worry. This day I really wasn't feeling all too well though, but I just had to go out and get these. I was only planning on getting SMB, but when I mentioned that I was going to get it, my mom asked about Frozen. So I was on a mission now to get that too. Then, with a bibbidi bobbidi boo and a cha-ching later, I had them both in my hands.

I'm sure you enjoyed that story so much. I should win a Pulitzer prize just for that paragraph, right?

Moving on...

I also got a new pin through my Disney Movie Rewards!

DMR is literally my new favorite thing. I keep on getting this awesome Disney merch with the points from all the Disney movies I own without spending a dime. Seriously, if you haven't entered in all those codes on your Disney movies yet, DO IT! It's worth it. If you want an actual tally, I now currently own a Mickey Santa Hat, a Saving Mr. Banks movie poster and a pin that you can only get through DMR! Yeah, so go do it people!

Alright, now it's time for a little PSA from yours truly.

A picture, if you will...

So a couple weekends ago, I went to see 12 Years A Slave, which, for those of you who missed the Oscars (for those of whom I am deeply sorry for), it was this year's winner of Best Picture. It's now out on DVD, but I got to see it at a little theater about a twenty minute drive away and lemme tell you, this might be the most amazing, unreal movie I've seen in a long time. I would go as far to say, the best movie of the year. Yeah, over Frozen and... SMB and you all know about my little episode when I saw SMB. I didn't have it with this, but I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago and I still think about it. It was so good and honestly so important to see, for anyone to see that is. I know people have been kinda iffy when it comes to whether seeing this film or not (usually because of gore and such), but really the gore is minimal. I would go as far to say that it isn't even gory at all. And that's only about 10 minutes of a 2 hour plus film. You won't even notice it. Yeah, so go see this film! It's totally worth paying $20 for the DVD or $10 at your local movie theater. So good!

And if you do go and see it or already have seen it, please tell me what you think! Also, if you have any movies that you've recently seen that you've liked, tell me about those too. I am a cinephile so this is all pretty self-explanatory.

Alrighty then, time for the actual update!

Last week, I listed my Top Ten Character Must-Meets and this week I have...

:banana::love: Timmy's Top Ten Must-Eat Snacks :love::banana:

OH FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!

Do not let my slim physique fool you, I LOVE FOOD! I love love love LOVE IT! Eating is literally like a sport to me, well, actually an art. My dad and I will literally go on day trips just to try out places he has heard of to see how their food is. I'm barely even kidding here. (Might've already mentioned this actually lol) And Disney is my favorite place in the world to get food, because they produce nothing short of their high quality standards, which is great for someone like me with acquired tastes.

And I know I'm not alone in this department.

Literally, every single one of these listed items was recommended by another DISer in their TR or to me in person at some point. I've been wanting to try these since I got back from my last trip (3 years of starvation going on here, people) and now I'm finally getting the chance. C'mon and let's delve into the creme de la creme of Disney dishes!

#10: CREPE

Crepe-with-Ice-Cream-and-Epcot-Crepe-Kiosk-France-Pavilion.jpg

Thank you Disney Food Blog!

My current favorite Disney snack! I got to try it when my sister got some on our only night in EPCOT on my first trip. I traded my Soft Serve Ice Cream for the Crepe and fell in love. So I will be definitely back for some crepes (and Mickey Bars and Waffles too, but this is at the top of that list).

#9: STRAWBERRY RED BEAN ICE CREAM

dsc0885t.jpg

Credit to the Frump herself, Jess!

I heard about this awhile back on one of Jess's (Disneyfreak508) TRs. I love ice cream and this sounds very intriguing (and delicious). I've heard of Italy's gelato, but this is a new one and gives me another reason to check out the China Pavilion (aside from Nate dragging me there).

#8: RED VELVET CHEESECAKE CUPCAKE

red-velvet-cupcake-in-store.jpg

Credit to Disney Food Blog

If you had asked me months ago, this would've been at the top of my list. I've heard the best place in Disney to get cupcakes is Starring Rolls Cafe and the best cupcake there is this little number. I don't think I can go wrong. I also love Red Velvet and Cheesecake so I'm bound to have some hallelujah chorus waiting for me when I go to buy this.

#7: LE FOU'S BREW

9549LeFous-Brew-Gastons-Tavern-468x625.jpg

Credit to My Take on Disney

Okay, yeah cutting some corners here with drinks, but you know what? Drinks are just as important as food and amount to the same standards Disney sets for food. And after hearing Lia (__disneygirl)RAVE about Gaston's sidekick's special brew for THREE WHOLE TRS, I'd be doing myself a disservice by not trying it.

#6: CARROT CAKE COOKIE

CC-Cookie-Writers-Stop.jpg

This name was sending the DIS into a frenzy for awhile there, but it has seemed to have died down now. But I'm not one to forget. The Writer's Stop also looks like a gorgeous place to chillax and enjoy a snack (and maybe read a book or maybe two or three...)

#5: LEMONADE WITH WILDBERRY FOAM

thumb_600.jpg

Credit to Food Spotting

Another one that kept on popping up on a certain person's TR... But literally I've become a lemonade connoisseur over the years. I love trying ones with new twists on the classic drink so I've got to get on this, doggonit!

#4: THE GREY STUFF/MASTER'S CUPCAKE

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-9.jpg

Credit to The Info Mouse

I don't believe this needs any explanation. And I'm fine with getting to try the famous delicacy in either form.

#3: DOLE WHIP

dole-whip.jpg

Credit to Mousekechicks

I know, I know, it's blasphemous. I've never had a Dole Whip. I just... never got the chance to. My past two trips were NEVER about food. I can get pretty crazy when it comes to going on rides and end up not eating anything. I love food, but I love attractions more. But after having gone on most attractions in Disney, I'm fine with stopping for a quick snack and this Dole Whip seems perfect to cool us off.

#2: BUTTERBEER

4980986993_3c462599eb_z.jpg

Credit to leahdeleon.com

Yeah, yeah... more blasphemy. Considering the amount of people who have gone to Universal alongside Disney, this almost ranks with the classic Disney snacks. And so far, I have heard very little disappointment when it comes to Butterbeer so I'm very excited to try it.

#1: SCHOOLBREAD

Norway-School-Bread.jpg

Shoutout to Kristen (Disneyfreak616), Danielle (IHeartDDuck), Jess (Disneyfreak508), @stephwoodall, @schoolbread and the DIS world over. The Norwegian Dessert specialty has taken the world of Disney by storm. I hear enough about it from two of the above mentioned and a multitude of pictures I've seen as well... it makes my mouth water. Again, this would be a major disservice and with all the repeated mentions on Twitter, Instagram and TRs, I NEED TO GET THIS! NOW. RIGHT NOW. RIGHT RIGHT NOW. GET IN MY BELLY!

And there ya have it! I think I have a good list and the thing is, I'll probably end up trying all of these through the course of six days along with many others. If you have recommendations for certain snacks not listed, please let me know. Again, I'm pretty much a newbie compared to all of y'all, so the more I know the better. Thank yas! And I promise this time I will be getting food pics... LOTS and LOTS of food pics! :thumbsup2

Now, back to watching The Little Mermaid (or whatever Disney movie I decided to watch whilst writing this update)! I have a busy week ahead of me with tech week for my spring musical (my last school musical :sad:), but I'm hoping to post an update about that since I'll probably need the emotional outlet. Reminiscence helps A LOT.

P.S. I apologize for new beef, pork or chicken in this update to those who were hoping.

P.P.S. Exactly THREE MONTHS TODAY until I'll be back in my happy place and enjoying these snacks! WOOT WOOT! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Until next time...

More Planning

Oh gosh, I was hoping for the Chicken (you left out fish). I'm not much on beef (coming from a ranch that's blasphemy) and I don't care much for pork but I do love chicken (and fish:lmao:)

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but the crepes and the carrot cake cookie look delish. I enjoyed the Writer's Shop think you will too. That's an interesting area of the park.
I wanted to try the schoolbread at the suggestion of the sweet CM at Kringla but sadly I'm deathly allergic to coconut (any byproduct too). It sure looked yummy in the case... oh well.

I personally love the snacks from the bakery in France, although I'm sad they changed the Napoleon to a Disney standardized one, they still have some yummy treats.
WOW you'll be on your way before you can blink twice!:banana:
Butterbeer..yummy......wish I had one now. AND a chicken wrap from Thunder Falls Terrace!

Looking forward to more updates (plus I'm still hungry:rotfl:)

Oh gosh, I was hoping for the Chicken (you left out fish). I'm not much on beef (coming from a ranch that's blasphemy) and I don't care much for pork but I do love chicken (and fish:lmao:)

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but the crepes and the carrot cake cookie look delish. I enjoyed the Writer's Shop think you will too. That's an interesting area of the park.
I wanted to try the schoolbread at the suggestion of the sweet CM at Kringla but sadly I'm deathly allergic to coconut (any byproduct too). It sure looked yummy in the case... oh well.

I personally love the snacks from the bakery in France, although I'm sad they changed the Napoleon to a Disney standardized one, they still have some yummy treats.
WOW you'll be on your way before you can blink twice!:banana:
Butterbeer..yummy......wish I had one now. AND a chicken wrap from Thunder Falls Terrace!

Looking forward to more updates (plus I'm still hungry:rotfl:)

Oh fish glorious fish! How could I forgot thee!

Crepes ARE delish. And I'm really excited to check out the Writer's Stop just for the atmosphere too. Whilst eating a Carrot Cake cookie lol

Awww, that stinks. I've heard there are still many great things in Kringla so it's not a total loss. :thumbsup2

Ugh, I hate when Disney does that. I'm probably the only person in the world who is NOT happy at all that Disney changed Main Street Bakery into a Starbucks. I mean, I love Starbucks, but why put a Starbucks where a classic CS was? I think it was such a poor choice in real estate.

Anyways, I've actually been in that bakery. I never bought anything (though I wanted to), but it all looked so good. I'm definitely grabbing something next time I'm in there and hopefully it won't be so crazy crowded.

I made a good choice on the Butterbeer then. ;)

I'll update again as soon as I can. It will probably be VERY short though. And EAT, please. :flower3: I don't want you to starve because of my TR.

Oh fish glorious fish! How could I forgot thee!

Crepes ARE delish. And I'm really excited to check out the Writer's Stop just for the atmosphere too. Whilst eating a Carrot Cake cookie lol

Awww, that stinks. I've heard there are still many great things in Kringla so it's not a total loss. :thumbsup2

Ugh, I hate when Disney does that. I'm probably the only person in the world who is NOT happy at all that Disney changed Main Street Bakery into a Starbucks. I mean, I love Starbucks, but why put a Starbucks where a classic CS was? I think it was such a poor choice in real estate.

Anyways, I've actually been in that bakery. I never bought anything (though I wanted to), but it all looked so good. I'm definitely grabbing something next time I'm in there and hopefully it won't be so crazy crowded.

I made a good choice on the Butterbeer then. ;)

I'll update again as soon as I can. It will probably be VERY short though. And EAT, please. :flower3: I don't want you to starve because of my TR.

Kringla had a ham,cheese and apple sandwich that looked yummy but I knew I had to have fish and chips from Yorkshire....plus some snacks from the F&W booths.
We bought a giant iced sugar cookie at Sweet Spells earlier and then dropped in to the Writer's Stop and someone got a coffee there to go with the cookie. I was busy checking out the reading corner. We were waiting for the OF light show on the Streets of America, also doing a little pin trading with a CM on the street.
Starbucks is good, when we're at home NOT in WDW where we go to escape the norm.

Also don't believe what I read on a thread somewhere that SB makes a drink similar to Butterbeer. I tried it this weekend and it was hideous.

Oh and I am eating, but if we're not eating in WDW or DLR are we really eating?:rotfl2:

Of course I torture myself with all the yumminess on the various Dining Reports...Sounds like you should do a live dining report when you go, or at least sign up for the one in the DR that a lot of people do while there.

Hope you're enjoying school and brightening everyone's day the way you do your readers, lurkers etc on your reports! pixiedust:

Hey Timmy! Your food choices are FABULOUS. Yes. So fab. Especially School Bread and the Red Velvet Cheesecake cupcake and the Dole Whip and LeFou's Brew and EVERYTHING ELSE OKAY IT'S ALL PERFECT.

I also approve of your character list! I hope your next meet with the Boss is stellar!

P.S. I really enjoyed your March photo challenge on Instagram (I'm @lostprincess04)! It was a lot of fun! Unfortunately, I'm only taking on one photo challenge this month because of time constraints, but I hope you have one coming in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter