It's been awhile...FP Enforcement

leadfootlevi

DIS Veteran
Forgive me for not keeping up with this, but the last time I was on the boards, FP enforcement had just been implemented. Is it still happening or did they revert back to the "use them anytime after the window on the same day" strategy?

Thanks!

Forgive me for not keeping up with this, but the last time I was on the boards, FP enforcement had just been implemented. Is it still happening or did they revert back to the "use them anytime after the window on the same day" strategy?

Thanks!

Still enforcing the times.

Awww, schucks. I was hoping that was a quickly fading fad.

I don't think it's been confirmed but it's generally thought that enforcement has to do with the upcoming NextGen initiative. So unless that fails miserably (don't expect it to, Disney is spending tons of money on it) then this will be the new world order.

Ditto on it still being enforced during our trip in Oct. We didn't really notice a whole lot of difference in terms of our plans except in the case of a headliner ride having a return window much later in the day. In those cases, if we weren't staying at the park that long, we just bypassed the FP and went somewhere else.

So I guess that helped another guest that was interested in staying that long! :thumbsup2

I don't think it's been confirmed but it's generally thought that enforcement has to do with the upcoming NextGen initiative. So unless that fails miserably (don't expect it to, Disney is spending tons of money on it) then this will be the new world order.

Yup. They have signs on top of the FP machines saying to return within the hour window on your ticket, as well as being printed right on the FP itself.

Each ride also has waist-high tower-looking things at each entrance on each side. They are covered, but I'm sure they have something to do with NextGen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter