It's been like the Polar Vortex here in Chicago....

Dan Murphy

We are family.
Except in reverse. :sunny: 😎

Wow, it sure has been hot and humid for a long string of days here in Chicago! I feel like I'm living in New Orleans or similar.

How has the weather by you been? :beach:

Same thing in Milwaukee, and I love it!
(Gives me the strength to endue yet another winter, where we will probably have the real Polar Vortex...)

Southeastern Michigan is the same. We desperately need rain. I hate not being able to open windows and be outside.

It’s been in the 90s in the UP for the last 5 or 6 days, with more to come. We did get a severe thunderstorm last night, but it didn’t cool off at all.
I live in Florida half of the time, and it’s hotter in the UP right now than it is at my home in Florida!

Temperatures have been pretty much around normal here (Alabama) with highs near 90 and lows in the 70's. We have gotten at least a little rain each day this week. It does look like it will get hotter over the next few days, with the heat index around 105 for the next few afternoons starting tomorrow.

It’ll be 100+ one week then 80’s for a few days. Now we are going to the 90’s- where we should be for this time of year.

I prefer the 80’s or maybe even mid-70’s.

Another one here in the Milwaukee area.....HOT but I don't mind. I grew up in SC so this weather is just like home :sunny: I am very much looking forward to possibly getting some rain today. The grass is so brown in our yard. :sad2:

Southeastern Michigan is the same. We desperately need rain. I hate not being able to open windows and be outside.
We live in Lincoln Park. We had strong ,heavy rain with some flooding on Tuesday night and Wednesday around 3 pm. My daughter works in Trenton and said that there was barely any rain down there on Wednesday.

Typically, I'm a person who only runs my AC a few days a summer....got be be over 90 with high humidity for me to "give in" to air conditioning. Well we are on day number 8 or 9 where we haven't been able to turn the damn thing off. Even above 70 (with high humidity) first thing in the morning. Sick of it. Thank goodness for the lake, although DH is complaining that the water is becoming "too warm" to be refreshing. He likes it "refreshing." I like it warm. LOL

Same thing in Milwaukee, and I love it!
(Gives me the strength to endue yet another winter, where we will probably have the real Polar Vortex...)
I’m also in Milwaukee and I wish I could say I love it too. But I just don’t, and would much rather have the cold when it comes to the extremes. I don’t wish for a polar vortex or snow in July, but 75-80 degrees would be lovely. It looks like we’re in for the long haul though since long range forecasts have us very likely to be above average until at least late July.

To say I’m ready for fall is an understatement. But sadly we don’t get much of a fall anymore which is sad because it’s my absolute favorite season. Last year, we had a few lovely fall days in October, but then got snow on Halloween and were basically in winter from that point on.

Same in MN - all 90s, all weeks. It has been GLORIOUS! I am even happier because we have our sticky dew points to go with it - my most favorite weather (which is why we love vacationing in WDW in August!). We have had plenty of rain - we got about 4 inches in about 30 minutes earlier this week. And, it has rained quite a bit each day...

Typically, I'm a person who only runs my AC a few days a summer....got be be over 90 with high humidity for me to "give in" to air conditioning. Well we are on day number 8 or 9 where we haven't been able to turn the damn thing off. Even above 70 (with high humidity) first thing in the morning. Sick of it. Thank goodness for the lake, although DH is complaining that the water is becoming "too warm" to be refreshing. He likes it "refreshing." I like it warm. LOL
I’m with you! The lack of any overnight relief is what makes it the worst!

Cincinnati has been the same, miserably hot and humid. I can take the heat, it is the humidity that is killing me. Pruned my flowers this morning and the thickness in the air hit you as soon as you stepped outside. Yuck!

I want the beautiful weather we had 2 weeks ago to come back. Low 80's with low humidity. It was perfection!

We're a couple hours north of MKE and same here, Dan. Hot, humid and sticky!! We're getting the dog days of Summer a little early this year.

Very hot , but a dry heat for at least the last 8-9 days. We had one good downpour during a small storm Tuesday nite, other than that, we have had no rain, and we desperately need it. Everyone's grass is turning brown and crunches under your feet. The ac has been running non top, trying to keep it cool. We have had temps in mid 90's for the last week and a half. It was sticky yesterday morning after the rain the nite before, but that soon turned back into just plain HOT! :sunny:

Our temps aren’t bad here - low 90s this week. But it’s so dry and fire season has started early. After 3 years of devastating fires around here, that makes me really nervous. We had two in two days the hills behind our house a few weeks ago. The wind blew them the other direction and we were fine, but it was good practice to have our go bags ready.

HOT and unusually low humidity here in PA, until it rained.

Ran food to my mother. It was 95° with 30% humidity. It was glorious! Then it rained, cooled off and when I went outside to leave, 70° and our more typical 90% humidity. Miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter