• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's Coastal Carolina vs Arizona for the College World Series.

I'll be cheering for Coastal Carolina. While there are lots of Arizona fans, we locals love it when a new team wins. As they say, the CWS is the "Greatest Show on Dirt"!

If I am in the area, I try to get to whatever game is going on at the time.
Both AZ and Coastal took similar paths through the CWS.
Coastal knocked off national top seed Florida, then lost to TCU to fall into the losers bracket, then came through it and Beat TCU twice.
Arizona knocked off national third seed Miami. then lost to Oklahoma St. to fall into the losers bracket, then came through it and beat Oklahoma St. twice.

What did in Oklahoma St. is when their pitching faltered. they had no offense to bail em out. They scored just one run in three of their four games. Two of them were wins, the other a 5-1 loss. Their other loss was 9-3.

I love the CWS especially when my team is in it. In the past Vanderbilt has opened their football stadium when they were in it and we picnicked on the field while watching on the Jumbotron. Fun times. Unfortunately this year one of our pitchers drowned the night before the start of regionals. After that their heads were understandably not in the game and we did not make it out of the regional. I hope we can be back in Omaha next year.

I guess I have to cheer for CC since they are in the Sunbelt Conference with my beloved GSU Eagles.

Game three today starts at Noon Central, 1pm Eastern.

(Game three wasn't played last evening due to weather delays)

And that's funny, I think it was the only place in Nebraska that it was storming last night. We live about 60 miles west and turned on the CWS to watch the last game and they said it was in "rain delay" I said "what" it was nice, sunny and 85 degrees here, LOL

Coastal Carolina wins 2016 College World Series!!!!

Great game, both teams worked very hard today. Final Score: Coastal 4 Arizona 3.

Very happy for Coastal and for our state. South Carolina (two national championships in the last few years) and Clemson are national powers. The College of Charleston and Coastal are very good every year (and now a national championship.) The Citadel has been down the last few years but has a great baseball tradition and made it to the CWS 25 years ago. College baseball is big here.

I spent the last few days working in Conway and the CWS was the topic of conversation. Coastal is growing and this is certainly a great advertisement. Things like this will boost the application pool and hopefully the academic reputation.

Coastal can now be known for something other than "the college where all the New Jersey people go."

Congratulations CCU.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter