"It's Complicated" October 2019 Link to Disneyland Report

We didn't have the Skyliner information letter in our room. But we rode the Skyliner before our room was ready, so the letter would not have told us anything new.

This was in our room at POP, so that makes sense since that is the mode of transportation for that resort to HS and EP.

It was not clear to me if they were still running buses as well, but at the bus stop, they had signs that said "For EP and HS, use the Skyliner"

DH would not like it if someone moved around in the Skyliner gondola we were in. It is a good thing no one did that when we rode it. ;)
You got great pictures. I love the picture of the swimmers in the CBR pool.

I have trouble sitting still, so maybe I should skip riding with him.

Thanks! Yes, that is a fun picture of the pool. I actually got some more decent pictures the following day, and would have had a fabulous shot of Spaceship Earth at one point when we were stopped if I had just turned around to see it! Saw fireworks, too!

The first time we rode it from International Gateway to AoA/Pop. The second time was IG to DHS, just hours before it was too late. We had fun riding it and wouldn't hesitate to ride it again. :)

We did HS to EP on Thursday, then I did POP to EP and back again on Friday night.

:thumbsup2

Great views from the skyliner. I'm likely the only person in my family who would ride it so unless I go and leave them all behind some day it's unlikely to happen :(

Joining in Dee! Glad to see another TR with your adventures!

Hi Ryan!

:welcome:

Thanks so much for following along. Hope all is going well for you. I'm sure you are busy as always.

::yes::

Nice views from the skyliner! And at least you got to try it without any incident :rolleyes1

I am glad I got a chance to check it out. I enjoyed the vantage point and the route really gives you a bird's eye perspective of where everything is and how close the resorts and parks are to each other.

Great views from the skyliner. I'm likely the only person in my family who would ride it so unless I go and leave them all behind some day it's unlikely to happen :(

Oh, no! I do remember that you are not part of a family of thrill-seekers.

:snail:

I would have totally missed out on all the fun if I hadn't asked for the link. I'm marking my place and will go back to read.

**Okay, all caught up. I'm seeing how you came up with the title "It's Complicated"! Lots of resorts and lots of changes...typical of an overplanning Disney fan. (uttered the person who has the same behavior) We had a similar issue with our tickets for our November, 2018 trip. I wanted to add a day and was told that we were grandfathered in on the pricing. Imagine my surprise when they told me it would cost over $150 to add a day to our tickets. Nope.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan!

Thanks so much for following along. Hope all is going well for you. I'm sure you are busy as always.

I am glad I got a chance to check it out. I enjoyed the vantage point and the route really gives you a bird's eye perspective of where everything is and how close the resorts and parks are to each other.

Oh, no! I do remember that you are not part of a family of thrill-seekers.

:snail:

:rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:Understatement of the century!:rotfl2:
Youngest son will at least do most of the big rides with me :thumbsup2

Happened upon your link in a TR you commented on and glad I did . You already have had some interesting complications. What else can happen !?!?
looking forward to reading more. And excited about a Teena sighting

Hi! Following along! Fellow MA poster! I am opposite though, it is 35 minutes to Logan or Providence for me (My profile photo is from the seaport world trade center)! I am actually flying to Disney from Logan tomorrow and home to PVD! Enjoying your trip report so far! I can definitely see where the "It's complicated" mantra came from!

I would have totally missed out on all the fun if I hadn't asked for the link. I'm marking my place and will go back to read.

**Okay, all caught up. I'm seeing how you came up with the title "It's Complicated"! Lots of resorts and lots of changes...typical of an overplanning Disney fan. (uttered the person who has the same behavior) We had a similar issue with our tickets for our November, 2018 trip. I wanted to add a day and was told that we were grandfathered in on the pricing. Imagine my surprise when they told me it would cost over $150 to add a day to our tickets. Nope.

So glad you are here! Wouldn't be the same without you!

We are still several updates away from me uttering the actual words that would inspire the trip report title, but the theme totally carried throughout the trip.

The ticket thing was absolutely frustrating. It used to be so easy to make changes on the spur of the moment for a WDW trip, but with the date-based tickets and new resort cancellation policies- you know all this- it is even more work to make adjustments.

I spent a lot of time on the phone and by email trying to resolve the ticket issue in advance, and although I kept getting reassurances that Guest Services would be able to help me, I didn't entirely trust that info. I was very pleased that everything went smoothly.

Happened upon your link in a TR you commented on and glad I did . You already have had some interesting complications. What else can happen !?!?
looking forward to reading more. And excited about a Teena sighting

So glad you are tagging along!

It was so great to see Teena and this was actually the first time I met Lily!

:grouphug:

Reactions: DLo
Hi! Following along! Fellow MA poster! I am opposite though, it is 35 minutes to Logan or Providence for me (My profile photo is from the seaport world trade center)! I am actually flying to Disney from Logan tomorrow and home to PVD! Enjoying your trip report so far! I can definitely see where the "It's complicated" mantra came from!

Hello & :welcome:

Hope I am not too late to wish you a fantastic trip! I have lots of friends and family members who use PVD- it sounds similar to the advantages of Manchester. So much less hassle than going to Boston when you are able to schedule it that way.

Have a great time at Disney!

:cool1:

A Well-Oiled and Engaging Character Interaction

Once we were through security and the tap-stiles at the International Gateway, the first thing we needed to do was redeem the voucher we had for a rental stroller which ~N was given when she reported hers as missing/stolen in Hollywood Studios.

Just as we were heading over, we noticed that Mickey was going to be meeting, so ~N, ~S and Janet got into the line. They sent me and ~GG to get the stroller and then the two of us waited in the shade. Janet came over and said Minnie was going to be meeting in a few minutes, too so we went to wait in that line so ~S could meet her.

Once ~N, ~S and Janet were finished meeting Mickey and joined us in line for Minnie, this guy passed by:

The two of us followed him to the bridge between UK and France and ~GG got into line to meet him.

It went something like this:

Goofy: “Wait! What? I’m on your shirt and hat?”

~GG: “I love you”

“Gawrsh!”

“Will you marry me?”

That is why @AGoofykindagirl is now ~GG: Goofy’s Girl.

When this interaction was done, it was ~S’s turn to meet Goofy.

So, in the span of about 15 minutes, ~S met 3 of the top 5 Disney characters and one member of our group got engaged.

Pretty sweet!

::MickeyMo::MinnieMo:goofy:

:love:

Next Up: Pick a Pearl, Any Pearl, but make it a hairy ugly one

Last edited:
Ah- love the GG proposal! <3

I'm excited to ride the skyliner in December. I hope by then, it's back to running on full schedule- with nothing to worry about...

That is why @AGoofykindagirl is now ~GG: Goofy’s Girl.
That is really cute. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and sometimes a 4th character in that area several times during our trip and I finally got DH to stop for a picture with Minnie.

I thought it was really nice to have characters meeting there. It probably has something to do with the Skyliner being open and the increase in traffic. In the past I've only seen one character at a time, most often some random Prince or some other less popular character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter