• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney with a 1 month old *new 2/13/15*

Ugh so sorry you didn't get to see FOF :(

WOW what an amazing story about Kimberly!! She sounds like an amazing CM!

Yikes more rain, glad you were under cover and had your dole whips to enjoy though.

I was about to say that I watched the FoF parade in front of the Hall of Presidents and got a float from Sleepy Hollow, too. But then I read further and saw that the rain ruined your parade experience. :worried:
I'm so sorry you did not get the opportunity to see it. And that Judi and Emma were trapped across the street.

That CM sounds wonderful. How thoughtful and considerate of her to take care of not one, but both, your daughters. That's what Disney's all about.

All right, it's time for me to try to get caught up after being on vacation! Here I go!

Woah, your house mitt collapse! That's serious business. I will remember the moral of the story and not buy a house that's 130 years old.

We're going to see Big Hero 6 on Thanksgiving! I'm excited.

Welcome back Danielle, glad to see you already have your new TR started!

Or if you do, just go in knowing that you just can't know what is behind your walls .... and therefore your house might collapse :goodvibes

I bet you enjoy Big Hero 6 a lot ... lots of really good characters and super fast action :thumbsup2

Yeah, the whole benefit to eating at the Garden Grill is definitely the spinning around Living With the Land scenario. It's my favorite part!

Dude, I've for real been doing the butter and honey thing forever! And everyone always looked at me like I was crazy! Always goes on my rolls.

Those cupcake cones are too cute!

Epcot sucks me in every time when it comes to food. There is so much to choose from, I can never justify doing a particular restaurant every time.

Definitely is a nice plus and novelty to the Garden Grill and helped to entertain the kids, which is always good!

I've seen the honey-butter before, but not that often so it was nice as something different and definitely tasted good! Lot's of good food!

I know! So many options ... kinda wish some of the other parks could leverage that :rotfl2:

I have never actually seen any of the Disney on Ice productions, and I was a huge ice skating fan when I was a kid. Crazy, I know.

Someday you will get to see the mirror at Enchanted Tales my friend. Someday.

Wow, that is an impressive score with Peter spinning you guys away!

Well, if you are not sick of Frozen yet I recommend this show - very good production values. If you are over the Frozen thing, then I would wait for the next show

I hope so! I think next trip if Olivia doesn't want to do it still I am going alone

Thank you! did get at least one lucky shot in, but hey, we all had fun fun which is the most important part ... which is not really true since my kids seem to turn everything into a contest, so I will just pretend that is all that matters

Hahahaha, excellent choice of gif. I miss Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23.

That chicken and waffle sandwich does look lovely. And I could imagine it was difficult to eat in the rain with kids running around. Kids and rain, right?

Oh my god, that Daisy and Minnie high ten is perfect!

How nice of Kimberly to do that for Judi and Emma! And to cheer Olivia up.

Totally miss Don't Trust the B! Was such a funny show and so unlike anything on TV. Probably would have been better off being on USA or so other network where even moderate ratings would have been sufficient

There were definitely some fun parts to the cavalcade - the last car had Peter and Wendy and Hook and stuff and they were fun as well.

Definitely was a nice CM experience :goodvibes

Ugh so sorry you didn't get to see FOF :(

WOW what an amazing story about Kimberly!! She sounds like an amazing CM!

Yikes more rain, glad you were under cover and had your dole whips to enjoy though.

I know - FOF and then more rain. A Dole Whip can only go so far to cheer one up! Though it definitely did help :thumbsup2

Definitely felt Kimberly went above the call of duty and the kind of CM experience that makes you want to come back :goodvibes

I was about to say that I watched the FoF parade in front of the Hall of Presidents and got a float from Sleepy Hollow, too. But then I read further and saw that the rain ruined your parade experience. :worried:
I'm so sorry you did not get the opportunity to see it. And that Judi and Emma were trapped across the street.

That CM sounds wonderful. How thoughtful and considerate of her to take care of not one, but both, your daughters. That's what Disney's all about.

Oh well, I will just have to live the experience vicariously through you! I think it would have been a great spot, just didn't work out.

Definitely! CM's and experiences like that are what brings one back to Disney year after year I think. :goodvibes

I feel that i'm going to be giving those looks to DH one day, when I know he means well, just not the right time.

Great photos with Ariel. Now that one is a great family photo! And a side note: definitely one of the prettiest Ariels I've seen.

Ah, yes. I remember having to do that awkward configuration with DS at that age, trying to get him in the correct seating for rides like that.

:lmao: giggled at the Seinfeld referene.

It was raining pretty good! And from the looks of it, Peter was really enjoying it!

This is the FIRST i've ever heard of the rainy day cavalcade. Such a great idea for doing something for the crowds that hung around for a while to catch it, instead of letting them hang dry..or wet in this case.

That CM is beyond awesome! So sweet of her to provide some shade and give a little pep talk to Olivia. That would be something I'd remember forever as well!

Can't wait to see the video you made!

The waffle sandwich is on our "to try" list for our January trip! We tried last time, but the waffle machine was broken!

What a sweet CM cheering up your DD! :thumbsup2

I feel that i'm going to be giving those looks to DH one day, when I know he means well, just not the right time.

Great photos with Ariel. Now that one is a great family photo! And a side note: definitely one of the prettiest Ariels I've seen.

Ah, yes. I remember having to do that awkward configuration with DS at that age, trying to get him in the correct seating for rides like that.

Oh, I am sure I am not the first, nor the last, to be on the receiving end of a look like that. I think I recovered ok, and things worked out ... just on the last day of a hot week I probably wasn't functioning with a full deck at that point.

Thank you - very glad how the photos with Ariel wound up and definitely agree that she is a pretty mermaid :thumbsup2

I just felt bad as Emma had no idea what was going on and was happy in her carrier, etc. I think once the ride got going and there was a lot for her to look at she did ok

:lmao: giggled at the Seinfeld referene.

It was raining pretty good! And from the looks of it, Peter was really enjoying it!

This is the FIRST i've ever heard of the rainy day cavalcade. Such a great idea for doing something for the crowds that hung around for a while to catch it, instead of letting them hang dry..or wet in this case.

That CM is beyond awesome! So sweet of her to provide some shade and give a little pep talk to Olivia. That would be something I'd remember forever as well!

Can't wait to see the video you made!

Well, I am glad someone got the reference ;)

It definitely had periods of really strong rain and then towards the end the wind was whipping pretty good. I tried to capture that as well but didn't come across in video as strong as I was hoping.

The Cavalcade was cute and I am glad they did something. Just wish it wasn't at the expense of our first viewing of the Festival of Fantasy parade

She was great - and could tell that her concern was our family not whatever else she could be doing or if she was at the right location, or whatever. Definitely something I will always remember.

Hope to post the video tomorrow!

The waffle sandwich is on our "to try" list for our January trip! We tried last time, but the waffle machine was broken!

What a sweet CM cheering up your DD! :thumbsup2

Definitely give the waffle sandwich a try - it tasted really good! :thumbsup2

yeah, was totally not expecting that and especially how long she spent with Olivia. Was really sweet! :goodvibes

Part 35 - Heading home​

After heading out from the park we ventured back to the Hilton by the airport - the same one we had stayed in our first night in Florida. Definitely a bit of an odd feeling being in the same place but with completely different mind sets (just arriving vs. leaving)

That night we had dinner at a restaurant near the hotel and then just hung out and repacked a bit. Olivia did take a look at the autographs she was able to get during the trip:

01_Oliviawithsignatures.jpg

and Emma was being cute:

02_Emma.jpg

Next morning we were up early to get to the airport and getting to experience the joy of lugging all the luggage and kids through the airport again - I think this shot gives a good representation of how we had Peter in his car seat attached to one of the rolling suitcases:

03_ingarage.jpg

Getting through security wasn't quite as easy as on the way down just due to being a much larger airport. We were able to use a family line but even that was pretty long and took a while to get through.

Flight was fine - kids spent much of it doing activities, etc.:

04_kidsonplane.jpg

We did have a bit of an issue back at the Hartford Airport as the elevator up from the baggage area wasn't working properly and there was getting to be a line of people with strollers, etc. waiting to use it. eventually one worker who knew how to get it to work (when and how you pushed the buttons mattered apparently, and we got up. Picking up the car went fairly smoothly and the drive home was much better than the drive to the airport at the beginning of the trip.

As an added bonus we had quite the bounty in our garden waiting for us upong return:

05_Veggies.jpg

We were definitely tired and while we were sad the trip came to an end we were also glad to be home - though I was now only a couple of days away from returning to work after being out of the office for 6 weeks, so I definitely wished we were still on vacation :rotfl:

(continued next post)

Part 36 - Video: I'm on top of the World!​

Well, after much promise and hype here is the video I put together for our vacation (click on the image to go to the video):

It was a lot of fun to put together - though probably spent more time on it than I thought. Also learned a lot about filming things in future trips as a lot of clips were not really usable as I was moving too much/too fast or zooming in/out too much

Still, I think it came out pretty good for only using my little point-and-shoot camera.

Hope you enjoy :goodvibes

TTFN

Phil, I'm too far behind to comment like I usually do, but here are a few notes:

I loved the video of Peter dancing/running in the rain.

I'm sorry the parade did not get off and then Judy couldn't get across.

Glad Olivia is getting better with the Haunted Mansion.

And I absolutely adored the video of your trip and the music that accompanied it.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Oooh yeah that would feel odd. Same place... WAY different feeling. :(

It's amazing how busy MCO really is (#13 in the US on a list I just looked up). Much more than even some much larger cities. All really because of Disney.

Oof back to work after 6 weeks??? That would be rough.

Oh Phil, what wonderful memories you captured in your video. As someone who's done some editing I know how much work is involved and agonizing over every millisecond of video to get just that right shot and musical queue. Well done!!!

It also made me remember how much work it is for a little one to climb a lot of stairs, lol.

Plus, a fair amount of Ariel so extra points for that!

Awww Olivia running to hug Mickey. :lovestruc That does my heart good.

Honestly, you're going to really cherish that down the line I'm certain. Time well spent for sure. :goodvibes

So glad you guys liked Frozen on Ice!!! And you got a good lesson in sharing out of it as well. Sounds like a win all around ;)

Olivia's breakin' my heart with her refusal to do ETwB…my favorite!!!

Aww, I love that pic of Buzz and Peter giving the thumbs-up.

Oh man, I remember riding the PeopleMover right before the Christmas party last year and trying SO HARD to get a pic of the wreath on the Contemporary…it didn't happen.

I LOVE that picture of Ariel and Emma!!!

While the Rainy Day Cavalcade looks really cool, so disappointing you didn't see FoF :( oh well, I guess you just have to go back…

Kimberly sounds like an absolutely amazing CM! So glad you sent a note to Disney, she sounds so deserving of that recognition.

For some reason I thought that was Emma in the big car seat at first and I was like, WOW, she's coloring at one month old?! And then I realized it was not in fact Emma. Oops.

Can't watch the video right now because I'm with family watching Wheel of Fortune…but I'll be back to watch it soon!!

Great TR, Phil! Thanks so much for sharing you experiences tackling the "impossible." Hopefully if & when we attempt it ourselves next fall, we will have the same successful trip. :thumbsup2

And like I said on FB, loved the video! I did forget to mention on there that in addition to it being Paxton approved, he also asked, "Is that me?" EVERY TIME Peter was on the screen! He seems convinced every little blonde kit at Disney must be him. :lmao:

That video was so adorable! Thank you for sharing your trip with us-I certainly enjoyed reading it!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

disneythanksgiving2.jpg

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving (or Thursday for my Canadia friends)

Very thankful for all of you who entertained me while I wrote up this trip report and all the friends I have made through the DIS!

Also thankful for my family and that we were fortunate enough to do "Disney with a 1 month old" :goodvibes

Phil, I'm too far behind to comment like I usually do, but here are a few notes:

I loved the video of Peter dancing/running in the rain.

I'm sorry the parade did not get off and then Judy couldn't get across.

Glad Olivia is getting better with the Haunted Mansion.

And I absolutely adored the video of your trip and the music that accompanied it.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thank you for your comments Kathy and hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The video of Peter in the rain is just so typical of Peter - not wanting to listen to me, but mostly because he just wants to enjoy himself ... and generally winds up looking cute doing it

Yeah, the whole parade scenario was not great - we really wanted to see the Festival of Fantasy parade but it produced a nice moment for us, and you can never see everything so just another reason for us to go back :thumbsup2

Aw thank you! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed the video ... I am thinking it will be a fun one to watch in like 10 years when the kids are older as well

Oooh yeah that would feel odd. Same place... WAY different feeling. :(

It's amazing how busy MCO really is (#13 in the US on a list I just looked up). Much more than even some much larger cities. All really because of Disney.

Oof back to work after 6 weeks??? That would be rough.

Oh Phil, what wonderful memories you captured in your video. As someone who's done some editing I know how much work is involved and agonizing over every millisecond of video to get just that right shot and musical queue. Well done!!!

It also made me remember how much work it is for a little one to climb a lot of stairs, lol.

Plus, a fair amount of Ariel so extra points for that!

Awww Olivia running to hug Mickey. :lovestruc That does my heart good.

Honestly, you're going to really cherish that down the line I'm certain. Time well spent for sure. :goodvibes

It was a bit odd returning to the same hotel we started from - though I think we were all so tired that we just wanted to get settle and to sleep, so it didn't fully hit us

Oh, yeah it is amazing how big MCO has gotten and they are adding more to it and more trains to it, etc. ... and before Disney that was not exactly a big destination at all

Well, I wasn't totally disconnected from work - probably worked a couple of hours a day on average while out - so wasn't too bad, but definitely took a while to get back in the swing of getting up and out the door and going to the office, etc.

Thank you Rob, appreciate the compliment - and I really did do that as best I could to get the right scene to hit the right beat of music, etc. so glad you noticed ;)

Can never have enough Ariel :thumbsup2

I am definitely looking forward to watching the video over the years as the kids grow - nice to be able to share this with relatives too who don't get to see the kids that often

So glad you guys liked Frozen on Ice!!! And you got a good lesson in sharing out of it as well. Sounds like a win all around ;)

Olivia's breakin' my heart with her refusal to do ETwB…my favorite!!!

Aww, I love that pic of Buzz and Peter giving the thumbs-up.

Oh man, I remember riding the PeopleMover right before the Christmas party last year and trying SO HARD to get a pic of the wreath on the Contemporary…it didn't happen.

I LOVE that picture of Ariel and Emma!!!

While the Rainy Day Cavalcade looks really cool, so disappointing you didn't see FoF :( oh well, I guess you just have to go back…

Kimberly sounds like an absolutely amazing CM! So glad you sent a note to Disney, she sounds so deserving of that recognition.

For some reason I thought that was Emma in the big car seat at first and I was like, WOW, she's coloring at one month old?! And then I realized it was not in fact Emma. Oops.

Can't watch the video right now because I'm with family watching Wheel of Fortune…but I'll be back to watch it soon!!

We did like Frozen on Ice, and if the kids actually learned a lesson during it, all the better. I also learned a lesson: Always have a back-up light up wand :lmao:

There were a lot of cute moments with Peter and Buzz - glad we got a lot of them captured as I wasn't there for the M&G

Oh, that's a neat idea to try to see the wreath on the Contemporary. I got a lot of partial views of the resort but not a great clear shot, but definitely worth a shot!

I was glad to get to see the Rainy Day Cavalcade - just wish it wasn't at the expense of our first viewing of FoF - oh well, next time ... and it all led to the experience with Kimberly so some good came from it :goodvibes

Emma is doing pretty good - sitting up in her seat a lot, rolling over, etc. - but not quite coloring yet :rotfl2:

Great TR, Phil! Thanks so much for sharing you experiences tackling the "impossible." Hopefully if & when we attempt it ourselves next fall, we will have the same successful trip. :thumbsup2

And like I said on FB, loved the video! I did forget to mention on there that in addition to it being Paxton approved, he also asked, "Is that me?" EVERY TIME Peter was on the screen! He seems convinced every little blonde kit at Disney must be him. :lmao:

Definitely hope you get to give it a go with a newborn ... hopefully I showed that it can be done - just have to show some flexibility and realize it will be a different trip.

That's pretty funny! I told Judi this and her response was "well, no wonder he liked it - he thought he was in it!" :rotfl:

Such a great video! It makes me so excited for my trip coming up in 22 days! You did a fantastic job editing the video!:thumbsup2

Thank you very much! Hope your trip is very magical! With the snow on the ground here right now I kinda wish I could hide in your luggage :lmao:

That video was so adorable! Thank you for sharing your trip with us-I certainly enjoyed reading it!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thank you - glad you enjoyed the video and the TR! :goodvibes

Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well :thumbsup2

What a great last day! I would certainly miss waking up to that spectacular view.

I love the family pictures in front of the castle - you can tell the kids are thinking about their ice cream! :laughing: Your photo with Ariel turned out beautifully.

Look at Olivia on Space Mountain - those roller coasters are no big deal for her! :cool1:

Whoa, look at all those autographs! That's quite a haul!

Thanks so much for sharing your vacation, Phil! It was lovely to "meet" your family and share in your adventures. I look forward to your next trip report! :banana:

Look at all those autographs. Very impressive.

Emma is always a cutie, isn't she?

Amazing video. I loved it. Awesome music choices too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter