• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

I am a DVC member/annual passholder and have never been at WDW in September.
This year is surely different.
My DD (17 1/2) and I will be spending 5 days at SSR and attending FOOD/WINE for the first time.........
Just beyond excited!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

EEP! :eek:

This girl just booked!!! DH and DS say it's about time!

CBR 10/8 to 10/13

So much to do, so much to do… I'm way past 180 days! Are there even any ADRs left? What about this whole FastPass+ thing?

But, first, I need to figure out one very important question… WHAT WAS I THINKING! :cool1:

You still have plenty of time!!! Go check out what ADRs are left and go from there -- and if you don't get what you want, check back a lot. And you still have a while before you can make FP+ reservations, so you're good there.

I just booked a short trip in August the night before I could make FP+ reservations, and I got what I wanted and was able to make the FP+ reservations on time. :)

CBR 10/8 to 10/13

So much to do, so much to do… I'm way past 180 days! Are there even any ADRs left? What about this whole FastPass+ thing?

But, first, I need to figure out one very important question… WHAT WAS I THINKING! :cool1:

New to the boards, just booked 10/3-10/8 Pop Century upgraded meal plan thing and TRYING to find TS meals ... many places booked of course. Maybe we'll luck out and someone will CXL for Be Our Guest for Mon 10/6 dinner so we can snag a spot!!!! (hahahaha) My two little boys were 3 and 5 last time we went in 2011 and we were OFF property. They're older now and will be able to ride more things and they EAT MORE at 6 and 8, so we'll be living it up with the TS and QS and snack deal. This whole meal plan is new to us and I'm reading all sorts of reviews and making some reservations. Feeling a tad overwhelmed, but excited! :woohoo:

Did a draft of my FP+ today. I got the every park done except MK. The kids will be doing BBB and PL that day. I'm trying to figure out which m&g to FP. How is the crowd level the first week of October on a party day? Will we be OK with saving the FPs until 3? A&E and Enchanted Tales with Belle won't be available day of.

Did a draft of my FP+ today. I got the every park done except MK. The kids will be doing BBB and PL that day. I'm trying to figure out which m&g to FP. How is the crowd level the first week of October on a party day? Will we be OK with saving the FPs until 3? A&E and Enchanted Tales with Belle won't be available day of.

I am thinking you wont really need FP on a party day especially until around 3, thats when crowds will pick up with people starting to head to the park for the party. So that seems, to me, a good time to use them.

Has anyone ever used packing cubes or compresser bags from Eagle Creek or a similar company? We are planning to do ALOT of shopping in Florida so thinking they could come in handy. Also, anyone know a good place online to buy those little handheld fans that spray misty water as well?

Has anyone ever used packing cubes or compresser bags from Eagle Creek or a similar company? We are planning to do ALOT of shopping in Florida so thinking they could come in handy. Also, anyone know a good place online to buy those little handheld fans that spray misty water as well?
We got mister fans at the dollar store for our last trip. They were smaller than the ones they sell in the park, but worked just fine!

My DW and I swear by the packing cubes & Compressor bags. We also use the Packing folders... Eagle Creek... We just traveled in May and used both. It is also easier to unpack. Saves tons of space. Look into the newer versions they are even lighter weight. :goodvibes

Booked our stay at POR today for ToT 10-miler!!! :woohoo: I'm super excited as its my first time staying on property AND it will be my birthday!!! :yay:

I signed up for the race awhile ago, but I was originally going to stay off-site for the duration of my stay. However, my running buddy wanted to extend our trip a few days, so we decided to spring for POR because why not? I called Run Disney today not expecting any chance for room availability, so I was surprised and happy to have obtained one! Makes me feel so much better, too, not having to worry about driving us to and from our hotel for the race! :cool1:

Hi! Please add us (Jenni and Lynn), too? We'll be @ Kidani 9/27 - 10/05.
We're doing:

Other things we're doing, just in case someone else is:
  • 10/1 - Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party :cake:
  • 10/3 - Backstage Safari :simba:
  • 10/3 - Wanyama Safari (one of our very favorite things) :hyper:

Hey there! I need to revise my resort. We had a stay at Pop from October 3-11. Now we are at Port Orleans Riverside, thanks to free dining special (not public, but personal code) promo. Also adding another room at POR for my DH and DS, same dates, thanks.

Hey there! I need to revise my resort. We had a stay at Pop from October 3-11. Now we are at Port Orleans Riverside, thanks to free dining special (not public, but personal code) promo. Also adding another room at POR for my DH and DS, same dates, thanks.

Updated! :goodvibes

You can take me off the list. We have to cancel our trip.

I'm sorry. We just had a big change in our lives the past two weeks and I was worried we would have to postpone, luckily we don't.

CBR 10/8 to 10/13

New to the boards, just booked 10/3-10/8 Pop Century upgraded meal plan thing and TRYING to find TS meals ... many places booked of course. Maybe we'll luck out and someone will CXL for Be Our Guest for Mon 10/6 dinner so we can snag a spot!!!! (hahahaha) My two little boys were 3 and 5 last time we went in 2011 and we were OFF property. They're older now and will be able to ride more things and they EAT MORE at 6 and 8, so we'll be living it up with the TS and QS and snack deal. This whole meal plan is new to us and I'm reading all sorts of reviews and making some reservations. Feeling a tad overwhelmed, but excited! :woohoo:

Booked our stay at POR today for ToT 10-miler!!! :woohoo: I'm super excited as its my first time staying on property AND it will be my birthday!!! :yay:

I signed up for the race awhile ago, but I was originally going to stay off-site for the duration of my stay. However, my running buddy wanted to extend our trip a few days, so we decided to spring for POR because why not? I called Run Disney today not expecting any chance for room availability, so I was surprised and happy to have obtained one! Makes me feel so much better, too, not having to worry about driving us to and from our hotel for the race! :cool1:

Hi! Please add us (Jenni and Lynn), too? We'll be @ Kidani 9/27 - 10/05.
We're doing:

Other things we're doing, just in case someone else is:
  • 10/1 - Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party :cake:
  • 10/3 - Backstage Safari :simba:
  • 10/3 - Wanyama Safari (one of our very favorite things) :hyper:

Welcome everyone, happy planning! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Mom & I will be at AoA from 10/16-10/19 for a long husband-less, kid-less weekend. We are planning dinner at California Grill, lots of F&W and the Tomorrowland Dessert Party. We can't wait!!!

party:

Change of plans....we are now going Oct. 25th-Nov. 1st...CBR. It's our first stay at CBR and very excited about it!

Add us to the list, we're joining the Party!

10/25-11/1/14 SSR 1BR

Can't wait for F & W Festival! We've missed it the past several years and looking forward to being back and having some quality time with my youngest DD who I haven't seen in almost two years since moving to the West Coast.

YAY!!!!!:banana::love::cloud9::hug:

According to the countdown on my fiance's phone, its 119 days until our wedding, and 122 days until our Disneymoon! Also, I recently decided to do a Disney theme for my bridal shower :) I have some ideas for that already, but anyone have any suggestions to help "Disney-fy" my bridal shower?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter