its official... world of color is replacing illuminations

There is some truth to this. Roe will be replaced by a new show that uses some WOC tech. That is as close to WOC as it gets though. The show will be ROE plus basically

Basically another incremental change, like they've done all along...

With all those water curtains World of Color is similar but somewhat better than Fantasmic which for me is only a once in 5 trip show.Even though I prefer WoC to Fantasmic at least for me it's not even close to Illuminations which is my favorite and that I can watch every day of my life,in actual numbers I've seen Illuminations probably close to 120 times and I have yet to get tired of it.Putting WoC in Epcot would kill the park for me.

The Forums Shops by Caesars in Vegas have their statute shows. The mall connected to Planet Hollywood has their tropical thunderstorm. The Pier Shops in Atlantic City has a $7 million dollar water show.

Yes a local group which will work for cheap.

Yes is not a local group, nor will they work for cheap. : )

Sorry folks, I'm stuck in the 70's

I like other people above would love to see World of Color and wouldnt mind seeing it replace fantasmic but I wouldnt like to see Illuminations go.

Have always loved Fantasmic, and remember being blown away by Illuminations after I saw if for the first in Oct 99 (just a few days after it started - and I recall it being advertised as only being scheduled til Dec 2000 for the Millenium)

Never been out to DL, so cannot comment on WoC.

There is some truth to this. Roe will be replaced by a new show that uses some WOC tech. That is as close to WOC as it gets though. The show will be ROE plus basically

I like to think that I am in the know DIS-wise, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what "ROE" is.

And I might be in the minority... And maybe it's cuz I only get to Disney every so often, but I like the Illuminations show.

Fantasmic was a marvel at Disneyland. The show was custom designed to take advantage of resources already available (or realistically modifiable) in a park that has limited expansion opportunities--the riverfront viewing gallery, the Mark Twain and the Columbia, the water fountain "screens", the stage and lighting rigs on Tom Sawyer Island, etc.

The show itself is fairly mediocre, IMO. The storyline is a broad (and confusing, to many) excuse to parade as many characters as possible out onto the stage.

The WDW version is even worse...right down to the cheesy looking riverboat & dragon. Space was not an issue. Disney could have put any show in that DHS theater. Instead they opted to simply add an inferior version of Fantasmic.

Disney is capable of much better but they went the cheap route.

I like to think that I am in the know DIS-wise, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what "ROE" is.

And I might be in the minority... And maybe it's cuz I only get to Disney every so often, but I like the Illuminations show.

ROE is "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth", the current incarnation of Illuminations.

WOC was great. I just think live human people is nice to see these days in attractions/shows. Fantasmic must have 40 characters on the boat at the end, I mean even if WOC simply had the 3 floats of the Princesses go by would be much better IMO. Hate the new Mermaid ride at MK compared to the live Ariel at DHS.

I suppose the new FOTLK will be all animatronics. :crazy2:

Wow I feel bad for the original poster!! Last time I checked this is an open forum for people who love Disney to be able to feel welcome amongst other people who love Disney. I'm sure intentions were good, and I'm sure they will now be leery to post anything in the future. I recommended Dis Forums to my sister, and she just joined yesterday. After seeing the reactions to this post she is now hesitant to ever post anything on here. She has stated that she thought this forum was supposed to be "Magical". :confused3

Very well said:thumbsup2 Its unfortunate that the OP was practically swallowed for using the word "official" when you know well and good exactly what she meant to say. It was almost like people were making her out to feel stupid just because she has few posts. So What?! Come on Disers. Act like you guys have some sense and some act right. Geez!

In regards to the WOC, whether they decide to do it or not, I would welcome it because that means a trip to Disney which means vacation, which equals family time which equals away from the NYC.:goodvibes

We saw Fantasmic this past week and I must say, to me personally, it was still as impressive as always. I'm always amazed at how it can bring out chills in me. I think many people who go to WDW don't go every year, or every other year so the ideal that its old doesn't faze the majority.

"official" when you know well and good exactly what she meant to say. It was almost like people were making her out to feel stupid just because she has few posts. So What?! Come on Disers. Act like you guys have some sense and some act right. Geez!

When I clicked on the thread I expected the OP to offer a summary of a Disney press release with a link to the complete version.

Have some sense? Posting a CM rumor as an official fact, in a thread title no less.

edited to add I'm not going to go back and read every post, my memory is the comments were relatively mild and informative. Say nothing and the OP won't correct her posting style.

OP , I'm sorry for some of the posts here. Recently I posted something and realized just how ugly some people can be online. I hope you don't get disillusioned with the site from a few bad eggs. I found there are some great people here and great info. Just read into some of the bad posts that their lives must be bad if they have to be ugly to someone they don't even know!

BTW, I'd love Fanrasmic but would also love to see World of Color somewhere at WDW. I read about these mouse ears that light up and make up part of the show? Sounds pretty cool!

OP , I'm sorry for some of the posts here. Recently I posted something and realized just how ugly some people can be online. I hope you don't get disillusioned with the site from a few bad eggs. I found there are some great people here and great info. Just read into some of the bad posts that their lives must be bad if they have to be ugly to someone they don't even know!

BTW, I'd love Fanrasmic but would also love to see World of Color somewhere at WDW. I read about these mouse ears that light up and make up part of the show? Sounds pretty cool!

Would love to see WOC at animal kingdom

When I clicked on the thread I expected the OP to offer a summary of a Disney press release with a link to the complete version.

Have some sense? Posting a CM rumor as an official fact, in a thread title no less.

edited to add I'm not going to go back and read every post, my memory is the comments were relatively mild and informative. Say nothing and the OP won't correct her posting style.

I understand what you are saying. It is very important to let the OP know how to go about posting up rumors or "official" information and having some details to back up whatever claims are being made. However, the "have some sense" comment was directed more so towards those who responded to the post. They were rude and obnoxious to her and I made it my business to point out that "those people" should have more sense and addressed her differently:sad2:. How is anyone supposed to feel welcomed on the Disboards when others respond so rudely? Just Sayin'.:rolleyes1

I too don't remember any really bad posts but they may have been deleted by a mod. I do remember a few honestly upset people who fell for the Title and expected real info, particularly a few days after the post.

This is the kind of post that only works one day a year. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter