• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's probably not a big deal, but ...

cmoney135

Earning My Ears
My family of four is going to WDW this coming March. We'll most likely be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, so we know that we get transportation around the park. However, we all want to go to SeaWorld. We're considering calling a cab, but that begs a few questions. If you take a cab from Disney to SeaWorld, where does it pick you up? Do you have to take a bus or something to the front of the park or will they come to your hotel? And what is the distance from the resort to SeaWorld? I don't want to spend too much on a cab ride.
Thanks.

Cab will come to your hotel. Actually, there will probably already BE cabs at your hotel, just waiting for passengers. You'll want to verify where at SeaWorld the cabstand is, for your return trip.

See the Popular Transportation Links sticky at the top of this forum. One of those links is a Taxi Fare Estimator. You can use Downtown Disney as the departure and SeaWorld as the arrival to get the approximate fare, then add a $5 buffer because POR is further than DTD.

THe lynk bus system which picks you up at the Ticket and transportation center it stops first at DTD then Seaworld. It drops you off across the street so you have to walk thru the parking lot but for the cheap fair we did not mind. They have a scedual and you just be at the bus stop when you want to go back. Busses come every 20 mins or so. We where worried at first but now I will take the busses the next time we go as they where easy,clean and cheap.Save your money for Dolphin food and take the bus:thumbsup2

Thanks guys:earsboy:. It's good to plan for these things, even this far in advance.
I really appreciate your help.

I have no idea what the cost differences would be, but if you are looking into cabs you might also want to look into what a towncar service would cost. My understanding is that the towncar services are really not much more expensive than cabs from the airport to WDW, so they might be about as cheap from WDW to Sea World.

Just another option to think about.

Mears run shuttles from disney hotels to seaworld, universal and busch gardens. Concerigie at your resort can give you more info about booking, prices and times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter