it's so much better w/o my bossy family--or a marching band - dbf's 30th 5/8-15

LuvLuvLuv

DIS Veteran
okay here we go... this is my first attempt at writing a PTR, so bear with me. we love disney, we took our first trip together in november 2009 and had the best time. we take a lot of heat from my friends saying that it's lame that a 26 and 29 year old with no kids would want to be at disney this much... but i tell them its sooooo much better without my crazy family--or the marching band. for the first time we got to plan what we ate, what rides and attractions we wanted to see, we got to stay on property, take naps, and do whatever we wanted!! it was just wonderful and just what our relationship needed.

background: hi, i'm deena and i'll be 27 on May 1. i'm a receptionist by day, and a cosmetic/skincare rep by night and weekend. i'm drowning in debt, and i'm working very hard to get rid of it..... well kinda. the working hard part is very true, but most of what i make with dior goes to disney, clothes/shoes to wear to disney, gadgets and stuff to take to disney, and photopass. let's call it my new minor obsession, and outlet for working 70 hours per week. i believe i need a balance of fun along with paying off my debt, or i'll fall back in the habit of crazy spending on nonsense. this is definately fun.

and then there's dbf dave, he'll be turning 30 when we're in wdw. his last college class is also 2 days before we leave, so we're celebrating. he has an office job by day, and works at a local bar on the weekends. in case you haven't caught on, we work a lot. we met playing softball and have been together for 2 years. he's my love... i'll keep him around for a while :rotfl:

so we've decided it'll be a nice way to break up the year by going in may when it's warm and good for water parks, and in november to see the christmas decorations :) i also like that the weather in cincinnati isn't lovely around these times and it'll be super sweet in wdw :)

i'm a super planner, yet very indecisive. i change my mind, switch things up, and re-change them last minute. i would love to share and hear everyone's opinions/suggestions! please feel free to join in and comment!!

upcoming topics:
the resort choice
let's talk about food
but, but, but wallflowers are $6 and anti-bac is 5 for $15
the greatest flip flop ever
my new bigger size :(
sorry i can't go out, i have to pack--i leave in 7 weeks
i obviously need that for disney
baxter needs a dogsitter
the countdown is on

thanks for reading :cheer2: i will update frequently

well after we we got home from our november trip, we knew we wanted to go back when it was warm to go to the water parks. it was just too chilly when we were there. i decided to take matters into my own hands and give him the best 30th birthday ever (yes i'm benefiting from this too, lol). he's also graduating from college so i figured i'd combine the two and take us back to wdw in may.

i started looking into pricing, and was nervous of not liking a moderate other than CBR, and not being able to afford a deluxe on my own. so i decided on CBR. i was going to make the reservation the next week.

low and behold... i got the 20/30/40 PIN!!!! ohhh my, this means great things!! this means (gasp) DELUXE!! my excitement was insane. i was so excited, i called and made my reservation right away! i booked AKL and my flight for may 8-15. dbf liked the idea of seeing animals out the window, and i liked the restaurants there. ahhh i'm booked, yay.

wellll a few weeks later, i got this idea. since we wanted to go in may and november, lets get APs!! yay, then we can do split stays!! so i figured, he got the resort he wanted.... i'll get the one i've secretly wanted more than anything--the yacht club. storm-a-long bay, walk to epcot, dhs, mini golf, boardwalk.... love love love. we wanted to eat at mostly all epcot restaurants and had adrs for captains grill and yachtsman... it made sense, lets do it.

so i booked the split stay. 4 days at YC-CL, 3 days at AKL. i'm happy, this is fun... woo hoo!! this trip couldn't get better, i love it.

-----

i was expecting a better than lovely tax return this year since i didn't cash in any bonds or sell stock for the first year ever. to my dismay... since i have 2 jobs, i got the short end of the stick this year and ended up owing :( so not only was i expecting money, but then when i owed, that took even more out of my vaca budget. something was going to get downgraded and yes, i cried.

APs just aren't possible this time because of the big chunk of money. Without them, a split stay would be soooo expensive. So some decisions had to be made. Even though this is "his" trip and he liked AKL... logically with 90% of our ADRs being in the Epcot/YC/DHS area it just made sense to stay at YC for convenience. Less travel time and more relaxing. I think/hope he'll like it. I also dropped the CL because we're on deluxe dining, and I think that will be plenty. I'd rather pay for him to get a beer or snack here and there if needed, rather than the extra $600 for CL we may not use. i wanted this to be the perfect trip and i'm hoping it still is.

so it is... final answer: yacht club / deluxe dining

did i do the right thing? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter