It's The Muppet Show, with our very special guest... Disney Plus!

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
All five seasons are now streaming. I know how I will be spending my weekend.

source.gif

I just watched the first one with Rita Moreno (as shown above). I am happy to report that the episodes are in 4:3 and look rather nice. Nothing appears to have been cut. It was fantastic!

I just watched the first one with Rita Moreno (as shown above). I am happy to report that the episodes are in 4:3 and look rather nice. Nothing appears to have been cut. It was fantastic!

They even include a lot of the UK spots (the UK version of the show as two minutes longer than the US version of the show)

However, there are a few episodes currently missing (Brooke Shields, Chris Langham, Kaya Ballard, and in the UK: John Denver and Spike Milligan), and a few skits cut. Some of this might be copyright issues and some might be content issues.

https://www.toughpigs.com/tms-edits/
There's also some weirdness in some of the episodes are out of order (regardless of whether you order them by production order or airing order). For the most part this doesn't really change anything, except Scooter's is introduced in the Jim Nabors even though he's also in the previous episode (Sandy Duncan).

They even include a lot of the UK spots (the UK version of the show as two minutes longer than the US version of the show)

However, there are a few episodes currently missing (Brooke Shields, Chris Langham, Kaya Ballard, and in the UK: John Denver and Spike Milligan), and a few skits cut. Some of this might be copyright issues and some might be content issues.

There's also some weirdness in some of the episodes are out of order (regardless of whether you order them by production order or airing order). For the most part this doesn't really change anything, except Scooter's is introduced in the Jim Nabors even though he's also in the previous episode (Sandy Duncan).

Man, D+ IS bad about keeping episodes in order! I've watched several old series and they are just all over the place. I watched Recess, and each episode is two 15 minutes segemtns - the segments weren't even paired up as they originally were! It's chaos! Someone at Disney+ needs to hit Wikipedia.

I spent my time watching the last two season especially ones I remember vaguely. Carol Burnett who is always a delight. And I forgotten how good the Mac Davis show was. I forgotten what a great entertainer he was.

I can confirm that all the episodes from Seasons 1-3 all there. They are not in the same order that the dvd shows them. I have not had time to watch D+ with dvd to compare if they have cut anything yet. There was also a bonus feature on season 2 for a Valentines Day Special that aired on 1/30/74. I wish they and released seasons 4 & 5 but I will at least get to see them.

I noticed that! :rotfl2: I seriously need a life...... I've been enjoying reliving my childhood!

From the dvd box I have, I remember most: John Cleese, Steve Martin, Julie Andrews, Alice Cooper.
I have always loved the Alice Cooper episode.
My favorite is the Star Wars episode.
But in reality, it's hard to recommend any particular episode. There are so many hidden gems in the various random skits out there. So I recommend all of them.

I have always loved the Alice Cooper episode.
My favorite is the Star Wars episode.
But in reality, it's hard to recommend any particular episode. There are so many hidden gems in the various random skits out there. So I recommend all of them.
Exactly, the episode with Charles Aznavour is not particular special. This singer is not really my thing, but there is a hilarious scene between him, Kermit and Miss Piggy about speaking French.

FYI to everyone, they did something weird and changed the episode order. I know order doesn't amtter too much with this show (though I like to watch them in close to order anyway), but it did flag my next episode as one way later and skipped the ones that got shuffled to be earlier now. I am not sure why episode order is so hard for Disney+ but it is. Just keep an eye on where you are if you are trying to watch them all.

I remember watching it when it first came out in the 70's and enjoyed it. But I just watched the first one with Rita Moreno and didn't think much of it. Is the show not as good as I remember?

I remember watching it when it first came out in the 70's and enjoyed it. But I just watched the first one with Rita Moreno and didn't think much of it. Is the show not as good as I remember?

Well, the early ones are definitely somehwat more subtle, but it also depends on the guest host to me. The more you like them the more enjoyable the episode. They were definitely still finding their footing int he Rita Moreno episode. When I think back to what I remember (and I'm a little young for first run episodes but it was on when I was a kid), I believe I am mostly remembering the later seasons.

I have watched some of the first season shows. One of them that surprised me was the one with Ruth Buzzi. I always thought of her as being kind of a gentle and friendly sort of a comic. But, one of the jokes was really sort of mean spirited about her neighbor. It surprised me because I don’t think you would hear it today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter