It's Tough to Be a Bug?

Disney Dork

DIS Veteran
Is this an OK show to go see if your afraid of bugs?

The last time I saw this show I was in elementary school and my parents ended up having to take me out of the theater early. I don't remember a whole lot about it tho, other than these things coming down from the ceiling (I think)....and then....it was like...after that I was freaking out and my parents ended up having to take me out of the theater.

My mother asked me today tho if we could go on it again in June (now that I'm older), when we go back for vacation and...I don't know if I'd be able to handle it. I still have a HUGE phobia of insects, especially that of the stinging variety...

For those of you that have been on it more recently, is it really that bad? If it's just a playful type thing or is obviously fake then I can handle it. I just...don't want to be in a show where a swarm of insects are attacking me and end up making a fool out of myself because I'm getting overly nervous/scared when a group of 5 year-olds are perfectly fine. :headache:

It's 3D, so it may freak you out a little if they get too close. Personally, I hate bugs and am freaked out by spiders, but I don't have any problems with it. Though, I don't even go to the Animal Kingdom anymore for anything other than Expedition Everest.

But, they do this thing where it feels like they're crawling on your butt.. it's pretty dang creapy.

wow.
if i went ot that, i would have to leave screaming.
Im arachnophobic. which i probably cant spell.

ANd afraid of most bugs.
lol im such a ncity girl.

I really hate bugs but I enjoyed the ride, I guess it depends on the person really (though when I first went on it in 2000 the spiders bits really terrified me).

I kinda like it. But if you lean forward in your seat the whole time and kinda stand (not all the way though) at the end, you should be okay.

I like bugs, but I hated that ride.

I think it just depends.

Spoilers: Like Hunter said, you need to sit up off your seat a little bit just as it ends, there is a thing under your seat and behind you that makes it feels like there is something hitting you. I screamed so loud.

I think that watching it on YouTube would help you get familiar with the ride. I you won't be able to see all the details since it's in 3D but you'll get used to it.

wow.
if i went ot that, i would have to leave screaming.
Im arachnophobic. which i probably cant spell.

ANd afraid of most bugs.
lol im such a ncity girl.

lol :rotfl:
i am a total bug-o-phobic
ok, maybe not alll bugs. ladybugs are ok ;)
I can stand a bug like, fifty feet away from me, but anywhere
on my body, that's a big no-no for bugs. I will scream and dance
around in circles :lmao:
Spiders are the worst. No, no, make that tarantulas. *cringe*
That's like, my worst fear. I can't watch one on TV without going,
"Eeeeeeeek!"

I went on the It's Tough To Be A Bug ride when I was like, seven, in fifth grade I think it was,
and I was FREAKING OUT. At the end they like make the seat vibrate
and it makes you feel like there's bugs crawling up your legs. Verrry
convincing if you have a strong imagination like me :laughing:
And I didn't like the big spider either, [the one that throws acorns or coconuts at you??] so I closed my eyes during that part :rolleyes1
mmm yes i'm a weenie :rotfl:

It's terribly outdated, and isn't funny. I don't recommend seeing it.

no. seriously, dont do it. its wicked scary if you have a fear of insects.

I really REALLY do not like bugs of any sort. But for the most part they are the 'cute' pixar type bugs.
There are so more 'scary' parts to it, I could describe the whole ride if you'd like, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't been on it. PM me if you'd like.
But there's always the option to leave if it gets too much, so sit on an aisle if possible.
Hopefully any of that helped!

It's also wicked scary if you have a fear of bad jokes, lame 3D, and uncomfortable seats that punch your rear end before you're about to get up.

Well that summed up the whole show. I don't think there is a need to see it.

I hated it.. but I hate 3-D shows (minus Mickeys Philharmagic, love that), and I don't like things that touch me during shows.

This sort of reminds me of the time when I was 5 and on my first WDW trip, and I saw the Muppets 3D...and I freaked out and my dad basically had to break down the door to get me out.

could you try and request to sit kinda in the handicap section? When we went with my grandma we sat there and they had some seats that didn't have the stinging and stuff...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter